DmC Debut Week Global Sales Comparison with the Least Selling DMC game

#51Windmaster715Posted 1/26/2013 7:02:33 PM
ejshin posted...
Does anyone know how much they spent on making and marketing DmC vs DMC4? If the cost of development and marketing is significantly lower, then DmC wouldn't have to sell as much to be a success.

This is a point I tried making in another topic about PG and Vanquis lol

but alas I dunno how much it cost to make DMC4 compared to DmC. but I do feel DmC was pushed more than DMC4

DMC4 felt like it was trying to sell to the main fanbase and have them spread the word rather than attracting new guys
---
Ignore my typos
#52Robot_SoopaPosted 1/26/2013 7:18:39 PM
Windmaster715 posted...
This is a point I tried making in another topic about PG and Vanquis lol

but alas I dunno how much it cost to make DMC4 compared to DmC. but I do feel DmC was pushed more than DMC4

DMC4 felt like it was trying to sell to the main fanbase and have them spread the word rather than attracting new guys

Well that was literally the point. 4 was "Here's your next DMC." DmC was literally about bringing in tons of new players. You gotta think they wanted 5 MILLION in sales.
#53RockmanALPosted 1/27/2013 4:05:59 AM
5 million? ha ha ha ha ha!
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#54_Uwye_Posted 1/27/2013 7:37:51 AM
Abiz_ posted...
But there are easily twice as many consoles on the market than when DMC4 came out in 2008.

FF10 sold more then FF12. That doesn't mean anything.

That only if you think that FF12 is better or more appealing than FF10. Or in the case that FF10 didn't leave people dissatisfied.
#55antking61Posted 1/27/2013 7:39:57 AM
DMC3 is the least selling DMC game isn't it?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#56AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:42:39 AM
antking61 posted...

IF you dont include the Special Edition.
#57BlackHadouPosted 1/27/2013 7:43:04 AM
Yes, but after DMC 2 I think it was in even worse of a position then DMC 1 had been. Also, sales data for 3 does not include the SE copies, so its impossible to know how much higher then the shown amount the real number is (granted, the boost is under 1 million or we'd know that number).

DMC 2 was apparently very damaging to the player base. It was my proper jumping on point, so I don't really get it myself.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#58AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:44:45 AM
Minamo posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Very few games have made there sales target in the last year in a half. Worldwide recession tends to that. Tends to be pretty common anymore.

But there are easily twice as many consoles on the market than when DMC4 came out in 2008.

More than twice. DMC 4 was released to a installed base of barely 40 million. DmC was released to an installed base of more than 140 million!
#59antking61Posted 1/27/2013 7:46:03 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
antking61 posted...

Then that leaves DMC1 as the least selling because DMC4 sold the most.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#60AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:48:39 AM
antking61 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
antking61 posted...

Then that leaves DMC1 as the least selling because DMC4 sold the most.

Actually DMC3 is the most selling if you include both editions. The Special edition sold almost just as much as the original because of playable Vergil.