Is Capcom oblivious to its situation?

#1ReamurPosted 1/27/2013 9:31:31 PM
First let me start by saying I loved the game. It doesn't deserve the hate it continously gets. But IMO it doesn't hold a candle or a certain charm compared to the previous DMC games 1,3 and 4 but it's a great game nonetheless and I loved playing it. But here's what's been bugging me..

Is Capcom aware that they are going downhill in recent times? I mean they keep doing mistakes like: Doing revisions on fighting games (ex: Super Street Fighter 4, SSF4 Arcade Edtition) On Disc DLC, cancelling Megaman, Making Resident Evil 6 an action game and other stupid things namely to milk more money out of their longtime fans. And longtime fans are obviously mad.

And now they will be releasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Which basically means Super Dragon's Dogma. I mean what the hell? Are they seriously oblivious to the fact that they are going downhill or are they just shooting themselves in the leg?

Sorry if I sound like a mad fanboy but. please englighten me with your opinion. *sigh
---
3D is da new shidd
#2DevilTears604Posted 1/27/2013 9:33:02 PM
You never know. We all pretty know what happened with THQ and they retired at the top of their game creatively, I think.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#3SHMYazooPosted 1/27/2013 9:33:10 PM
Here's something that could help with numbers:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/market.html
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#4DuuuDe14Posted 1/27/2013 9:36:08 PM
Money. Dinero. Mulah. Change. Bread. Cheddah. $$$$. Dead presidents. Green backs.

All Capcom thinks about.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#5DevilTears604Posted 1/27/2013 9:37:44 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Money. Dinero. Mulah. Change. Bread. Cheddah. $$$$. Dead presidents. Green backs.

All Capcom thinks about.

Once again, THQ.

Money HAS to be their primary concern. Otherwise, look what happens.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#6embittererPosted 1/27/2013 9:39:42 PM
They are try to appeal more to the western audience, hence the reboot. If you'll notice on this board, many of the more fervent opposers share a great love for all things Japan. What they seem to fail to understand is that the themes they love so much have dwindled in popularity not only in the West, but also in Japan. They are, in other words, living in the past.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#7DuuuDe14Posted 1/27/2013 9:40:01 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

All Capcom thinks about.

Once again, THQ.

A man who knows enough is enough will always have enough.
---
#8ShadowZero007Posted 1/27/2013 9:41:11 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...

All Capcom thinks about.

If they go back to DMC just because DmC underperformed (Which I still feel is too early to call, but there are enough sales debates so we can save this for those.) it'll confirm that yes; that is all they do indeed care about.

If they have the artistic integrity to go through with their intentions regardless of popular opinion and continue with DmC; it'll be the more integral or at the least ballsy move imo.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#9DevilTears604Posted 1/27/2013 9:42:01 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

All Capcom thinks about.

Once again, THQ.

lol not when you're running a business, bud. Cause you make one misstep, you're competitors will swoop in and take all you have with no remorse.
---
#10DuuuDe14Posted 1/27/2013 9:43:42 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

All Capcom thinks about.

Once again, THQ.

lol not when you're running a business, bud. Cause you make one misstep, you're competitors will swoop in and take all you have with no remorse.

Greed will kill you. Laziness as well. Find a balance and you will thrive.
---