Worldwide DMC Sales Numbers Finally Out (First Week)

#71sworderPosted 1/28/2013 8:30:42 AM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
The total figures for the global first week of sales are:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

GG DmC, rofl.

DMC5 welcome back baby
#72zhaoyun99Posted 1/28/2013 8:31:55 AM
sworder posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...

GG DmC, rofl.

DMC5 welcome back baby

Play this song while that game appear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTHag2qkVc
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#73Blackmarvel79Posted 1/28/2013 8:40:07 AM
Slayer_22 posted...
VGchartz isn't the most reliable place for sales numbers.

No one cares. The antis would go with wikipedia numbers if it suits there agenda. The pros just exaggerate.
---
Currently playing DMC. And still playing Mass Effect for the forseeable future.
#74xOmniCloudxPosted 1/28/2013 8:42:55 AM
zhaoyun99 posted...
myghostisdead posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...

GG DmC, rofl.

Question. Is the total I am hearing on sites about the amount of days to reach these numbers true? DMC4 reached these numbers released on a Friday whereas DmC released on a Tuesday meaning DmC had a longer amount of time to reach the so far total than DMC4?

Yup,.DmC got Extra 3 days while DMC4 got release with the regular schedule on Friday.

With a MUCH smaller install-base to boot given how many people owned consoles then compared to now.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#75rice_noodlesPosted 1/28/2013 8:45:45 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
VGchartz isn't the most reliable place for sales numbers.

No one cares. The antis would go with wikipedia numbers if it suits there agenda.[citation needed] The pros just exaggerate.
#76GamenamebullyPosted 1/28/2013 8:49:35 AM
Topics like these make me realize why I'm ashamed to be a gamer.

It's sad to watch people laughing their asses off over the sales of a game and not move on with their lives.

My signature couldn't be more appropriate.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#77Dragoon StarPosted 1/28/2013 9:36:06 AM(edited)
The sad part is Capcom will assume that people do not like the series anymore and can it like megaman. All we will see Dante in are fighting games.

This game wasn't that bad though. But it did not feel like a DmC game. Dante is the heart and soul of it with his stylish and awesome personality. Especially that sense of humor. Plus every time he gets a new weapon he ****ing sells the thing and makes it look great.

I seriously hope Capcom goes out of business and the parts of it are chopped up and sold to other companies. Maybe then it can find a better home. Well that's really just my inner Megaman fan talking.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice. Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand. Including me. - Dawn and Dusk
#78vash520Posted 1/28/2013 9:45:04 AM
This game is fine, stop being babies. People used to whine about how DMC4 wasn't as good as 3. If they make another one, great, I thought it this was very well done, not my personal taste, but well done nonetheless... regular DMC devs could learn a thing or 2. If they go back to DMC5, awesome.. welcome back Dante, can't wait to see you doing back flips and making fat demon jokes.. if they shut the series down, good.. there hasn't been a great DMC game since the ps2, it's about time they shoot this horse and port the franchise to the vita or something.
---
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
#79Ink-RibbonPosted 1/28/2013 11:49:14 AM
Ah, the old antis double standard action routine.

If DmC has made 2 million, VGChartz OBVIOUSLY isn't a reliable source.

If DmC has flopped with 100.000 copies sold, VGChratz isn't a reliable source, BUT it's close to the truth.

You guys can't be serious. You ask all the time to be trolled by the rest of the world, either by people in general or critics.

That source ISN'T reliable, period.

This is the real deal:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html#rank02_area

Come back after 1 or 2 months, so we can have an idea about general sales. Now, antis wanna show how good they are, regarding finances and business subjects. You guys better grow up.
#80vgman94Posted 1/28/2013 11:55:33 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Ah, the old antis double standard action routine.

If DmC has made 2 million, VGChartz OBVIOUSLY isn't a reliable source.

If DmC has flopped with 100.000 copies sold, VGChratz isn't a reliable source, BUT it's close to the truth.

You guys can't be serious. You ask all the time to be trolled by the rest of the world, either by people in general or critics.

That source ISN'T reliable, period.

This is the real deal:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html#rank02_area

Come back after 1 or 2 months, so we can have an idea about general sales. Now, antis wanna show how good they are, regarding finances and business subjects. You guys better grow up.

Agreed. And the sales figure at the top of the page is laughable. The majority of the difference is easily due to the economic changes in the last 4 years. If the economic climate was the same, it'd be much closer. There's also the fact that gaming has become far more shooter oriented than 4 years ago. All variables considered, it's not that huge of a drop. But then again, I always consider a drop in sales for good games. But still, it's only the first couple of weeks. By mid-March, it'd probably end up with about 1.5-1.8 million sales, which would be pretty decent (it deserves at least 2 million from a quality stand point in my view, though).