Worldwide DMC Sales Numbers Finally Out (First Week)

#81Ink-RibbonPosted 1/28/2013 12:31:54 PM
vgman94 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Ah, the old antis double standard action routine.

If DmC has made 2 million, VGChartz OBVIOUSLY isn't a reliable source.

If DmC has flopped with 100.000 copies sold, VGChratz isn't a reliable source, BUT it's close to the truth.

You guys can't be serious. You ask all the time to be trolled by the rest of the world, either by people in general or critics.

That source ISN'T reliable, period.

This is the real deal:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html#rank02_area

Come back after 1 or 2 months, so we can have an idea about general sales. Now, antis wanna show how good they are, regarding finances and business subjects. You guys better grow up.

Agreed. And the sales figure at the top of the page is laughable. The majority of the difference is easily due to the economic changes in the last 4 years. If the economic climate was the same, it'd be much closer. There's also the fact that gaming has become far more shooter oriented than 4 years ago. All variables considered, it's not that huge of a drop. But then again, I always consider a drop in sales for good games. But still, it's only the first couple of weeks. By mid-March, it'd probably end up with about 1.5-1.8 million sales, which would be pretty decent (it deserves at least 2 million from a quality stand point in my view, though).

Exactly. You know what's funny?

Is the fact that VGChratz itself lists PS3 DmC as selling 360.000 copies and XBOX DmC as selling 180.000 copies...That would give us more than 500.000 copies, which obviously isn't the worst thing ever.

Obviously, the TC just posted info about PS3 sales...I wonder why...

Anyway, Capcom's sales list is the best source to see.
#82Blackmarvel79Posted 1/28/2013 5:18:54 PM
Ink Ribbon good luck getting anyone to read or understand your post. Irrational hatred never listens to reason.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#83cyanide_suicidePosted 1/28/2013 5:48:13 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Ah, the old antis double standard action routine.

If DmC has made 2 million, VGChartz OBVIOUSLY isn't a reliable source.

If DmC has flopped with 100.000 copies sold, VGChratz isn't a reliable source, BUT it's close to the truth.

You guys can't be serious. You ask all the time to be trolled by the rest of the world, either by people in general or critics.

That source ISN'T reliable, period.

This is the real deal:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html#rank02_area

Come back after 1 or 2 months, so we can have an idea about general sales. Now, antis wanna show how good they are, regarding finances and business subjects. You guys better grow up.

As much as I want this game to fail, I agree that VGChartz is as unreliable as it gets. So as far as raw numbers are concerned, we have no idea.

As far as sales trends are concerned, DmC is dead in the water.
#84Steve_TeddiePosted 1/28/2013 6:00:08 PM
America had more than 180k preorders alone.

U.K. sold more than 40k alone, let alone the entirety of Europe.

Why are people giving these troll numbers any credit?
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#85LordMePosted 1/28/2013 6:02:03 PM
The only thing about the sales I have to say, when RE6 shipped 4.5 million Capcom bragged within a few days.

Now this game has been out for a few weeks, and nothing?
#86darkslayer001Posted 1/28/2013 7:16:41 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
myghostisdead posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...
The total figures for the global first week of sales are:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

GG DmC, rofl.

Question. Is the total I am hearing on sites about the amount of days to reach these numbers true? DMC4 reached these numbers released on a Friday whereas DmC released on a Tuesday meaning DmC had a longer amount of time to reach the so far total than DMC4?

Yup,.DmC got Extra 3 days while DMC4 got release with the regular schedule on Friday.

one could argue DmC was released in the dead month of Jan, but the cons outweigh the pros imo. There was basically no competition, got extra 3 days, marketing, critics reviews, much MUCH more consoles in the market than DMC4, western influence, etc...
I know VGchartz isnt exactly 100% accurate but they do give the big picture, which from the looks of it DmC sold half of DMC4 in its first week with an extra 3 days, and from the tanking of sales in the second week, ya i dont expect it meeting its target....
#87SaydeWindsaurPosted 1/28/2013 8:12:40 PM(edited)
StrykeBlayde posted...
The rumor was that the money they had for Bayonetta production wasn't going to last, or that they were behind schedule, and so they had to stop animating the cutscenes(or just chose the most important ones), which is why so many of the cutscenes are the movie reel style. At least, this is what I heard back about a month after Bayonetta was released.

So if they couldn't animate all the cutscenes due to money constraints, then chances are their sales weren't enough to make money.

I don't quite get the correlation here. Hypothetically speaking, even if Bayonetta ran behind scheduele and used up every penny allotted to its development, without knowing what that cost is, we can't safely assume how many copies Platinum needed to sell to deem Bayonetta a financial success (or failure).
#88zhaoyun99Posted 1/28/2013 8:45:10 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...
myghostisdead posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...
The total figures for the global first week of sales are:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

GG DmC, rofl.

Question. Is the total I am hearing on sites about the amount of days to reach these numbers true? DMC4 reached these numbers released on a Friday whereas DmC released on a Tuesday meaning DmC had a longer amount of time to reach the so far total than DMC4?

Yup,.DmC got Extra 3 days while DMC4 got release with the regular schedule on Friday.

one could argue DmC was released in the dead month of Jan, but the cons outweigh the pros imo. There was basically no competition, got extra 3 days, marketing, critics reviews, much MUCH more consoles in the market than DMC4, western influence, etc...
I know VGchartz isnt exactly 100% accurate but they do give the big picture, which from the looks of it DmC sold half of DMC4 in its first week with an extra 3 days, and from the tanking of sales in the second week, ya i dont expect it meeting its target....

This is why this result should be the big giant freaking bullet to their thick skull. Cashcom now saw what happened when s*** go wrong or they just laugh at NT because they only thing they need to do was signing the paper for NT while NT had to pay their own bucks to make this game. What's cunning about this greedy bastard was that might be the sudden increase in sale with the HD collection. This is just my wild guess but might be happened. Who knows? Let's wait and see.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#89AiddonPosted 1/28/2013 8:49:03 PM
LordMe posted...
The only thing about the sales I have to say, when RE6 shipped 4.5 million Capcom bragged within a few days.

Now this game has been out for a few weeks, and nothing?

yeah, that's the biggest sign of failure. I think CAPCOM is looking at the numbers and going "Oh....CRAP, we might have just flubbed on this."
#90wwinterj25Posted 1/28/2013 9:08:42 PM
Whatever the case it doesn't seem like this game will hit the 1 million mark nevermind the 2 million Crapcom want/predicted.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj