Worldwide DMC Sales Numbers Finally Out (First Week)

#91Celine10Posted 1/28/2013 9:09:54 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Ink Ribbon good luck getting anyone to read or understand your post. Irrational hatred never listens to reason.

The issues about VGChartz being extremely shady and unreliable (unless they use the numbers provided by other sources) have been discussed for years, it isn't a matter of liking DmC's sales or not.
#92SephirothDZXPosted 1/29/2013 3:11:39 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...
myghostisdead posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...
The total figures for the global first week of sales are:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

GG DmC, rofl.

Question. Is the total I am hearing on sites about the amount of days to reach these numbers true? DMC4 reached these numbers released on a Friday whereas DmC released on a Tuesday meaning DmC had a longer amount of time to reach the so far total than DMC4?

Yup,.DmC got Extra 3 days while DMC4 got release with the regular schedule on Friday.

one could argue DmC was released in the dead month of Jan, but the cons outweigh the pros imo. There was basically no competition, got extra 3 days, marketing, critics reviews, much MUCH more consoles in the market than DMC4, western influence, etc...
I know VGchartz isnt exactly 100% accurate but they do give the big picture, which from the looks of it DmC sold half of DMC4 in its first week with an extra 3 days, and from the tanking of sales in the second week, ya i dont expect it meeting its target....

To the dead month of January point.... DMC4 -technically- was a January release................... in japan.

I agree that everyone should take VGChartz with a grain of salt, but the numbers don't seem to egregious and reflect a lot of the overseas trends the game has had. And the fact that Capcom & Ninja Theory haven't immediately bragged about sales is also a smoking gun.
#93DethaPosted 1/29/2013 3:21:24 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
vgman94 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Ah, the old antis double standard action routine.

If DmC has made 2 million, VGChartz OBVIOUSLY isn't a reliable source.

If DmC has flopped with 100.000 copies sold, VGChratz isn't a reliable source, BUT it's close to the truth.

You guys can't be serious. You ask all the time to be trolled by the rest of the world, either by people in general or critics.

That source ISN'T reliable, period.

This is the real deal:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html#rank02_area

Come back after 1 or 2 months, so we can have an idea about general sales. Now, antis wanna show how good they are, regarding finances and business subjects. You guys better grow up.

Agreed. And the sales figure at the top of the page is laughable. The majority of the difference is easily due to the economic changes in the last 4 years. If the economic climate was the same, it'd be much closer. There's also the fact that gaming has become far more shooter oriented than 4 years ago. All variables considered, it's not that huge of a drop. But then again, I always consider a drop in sales for good games. But still, it's only the first couple of weeks. By mid-March, it'd probably end up with about 1.5-1.8 million sales, which would be pretty decent (it deserves at least 2 million from a quality stand point in my view, though).

Exactly. You know what's funny?

Is the fact that VGChratz itself lists PS3 DmC as selling 360.000 copies and XBOX DmC as selling 180.000 copies...That would give us more than 500.000 copies, which obviously isn't the worst thing ever.

Obviously, the TC just posted info about PS3 sales...I wonder why...

Anyway, Capcom's sales list is the best source to see.

Get a room, you two. Pillow talk excuses for DmC all you want there.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#94_Uwye_Posted 1/29/2013 3:25:23 PM
rice_noodles posted...
Rezzman posted...
VGChartz isn't a very good source, though I'd bet they aren't far off the mark in this case.

According to business analyst Michael Pachter who pays lots of money to get actual sales figure, he claims vgchartz is good enough of a source.

Sales of the devil May Cry series according to VGChartz:
DMC1 : 2.99 millions
DMC2: 1.97 millions
DMC3DA 2.09 millions (PS2)
DMC3:SE 2.21 millions (PS2)
DMC4: 2.73 millions (PS3+X360)

Sales of the Devil May Cry series according to Capcom themselves:
DMC1: 2.16 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3DA: 1.3 millions (PS2)
DMC3SE: less than a million (PS2)
DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+X360)

Good enough, right...
#95SephirothDZXPosted 1/29/2013 3:27:09 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Rezzman posted...
VGChartz isn't a very good source, though I'd bet they aren't far off the mark in this case.

According to business analyst Michael Pachter who pays lots of money to get actual sales figure, he claims vgchartz is good enough of a source.

Sales of the devil May Cry series according to VGChartz:
DMC1 : 2.99 millions
DMC2: 1.97 millions
DMC3DA 2.09 millions (PS2)
DMC3:SE 2.21 millions (PS2)
DMC4: 2.73 millions (PS3+X360)

Sales of the Devil May Cry series according to Capcom themselves:
DMC1: 2.16 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3DA: 1.3 millions (PS2)
DMC3SE: less than a million (PS2)
DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+X360)

Good enough, right...

Capcom is as sleazy as they come though, I wouldn't exactly trust their numbers either.
#96360pagesPosted 1/29/2013 3:28:54 PM
Damn it people Here's the real numbers for everywhere, but the US. Not even numbers just stats.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/28/dmc-loses-uk-number-one-after-one-week-as-black-ops-ii-returns-3369615/

And here's Japans numbers

[PS3] DmC: Devil May Cry <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.01.17} (6.990) - 110.429 / NEW
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#97_Uwye_Posted 1/29/2013 3:39:28 PM(edited)
StrykeBlayde posted...
I was talking about Bayonetta. The rumor was that the money they had for Bayonetta production wasn't going to last, or that they were behind schedule, and so they had to stop animating the cutscenes(or just chose the most important ones), which is why so many of the cutscenes are the movie reel style. At least, this is what I heard back about a month after Bayonetta was released.

So if they couldn't animate all the cutscenes due to money constraints, then chances are their sales weren't enough to make money.

Or simply that they used up all the alloted budget and couldn't/didn't want to go overbudget.

Actually I don't understand your point. If you are saying that they went overbudget and so sales weren't enough to break even I...don't understand what would the "economic movie reel" cutscenes are supposed to prove. If anything it proves that they DIDN'T go overbudget, because if they did the cutscenes would have been normal. So...uh?

SephirothDZX posted...
Capcom is as sleazy as they come though, I wouldn't exactly trust their numbers either.

I do. They always match the numbers occasionally provided by other (reliable, not VGChartz) sources.
#98SilentS89Posted 1/29/2013 3:38:00 PM
At this point we are simply arguing to what degree the game is flopping.