After DMC4 people still call this a bad game?

#51Fayt16Posted 1/29/2013 1:04:02 AM
Dmc4 was fun, the characters attitudes were correct. It went on from what happened on one of the best dmc games AND it was freaking fun! not to mention that lovely trailer song.

Yes dmc4 is ages ahead of DmC....even the new name disgusts me...well the logo
---
You silly ban you!
PSN: YuukiFayt
#52Gobstoppers12Posted 1/29/2013 2:26:33 AM
I still don't understand how people can think this game is bad enough to be ranked below DMC2. Maybe it's not DMC3 quality, but it holds its own beside DMC1 and 4 IMO.
---
think about all the people that complained over DaVinci code...it would be much worse with killer bisexual jesus in Mgs4. --NexVesica, regarding Vamp Theories.
#53musicmoviegamerPosted 1/29/2013 3:12:01 AM
DMC4 was a product of Capcom's decisions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if DMC4 had as much time as as Ninja Theory got a good 2-3 years? First trailer somewhere in 2010?

DMC4 normally had 2 years of development, and Capcom suddenly decided 2 is too long and essentially, DMC4 had 1 good year of development from what I've heard. They put the most effort in the combat which still turned out great because they knew that was the priority. They were forced to make ends meet in almost any other part of the game such as the story being loosly tied up, sudden Dante campaign, backtracking, bosses cut and the ones they had re-used...

If DMC4 had the same time invested in it as DmC and was able to have HALF the money Capcom spent on hopelessly advertising this game, I can guarantee you DMC4 would have rivaled 3 or even surpassed it.
---
"No one offered you any tips. What, the Third Post? Oh please, that isn't even English." -- buchit666
#54Xtreme65Posted 1/29/2013 3:53:35 AM
Here is my down low on the games.

DMC1: Good but outdated. It's outdated for the soul reason of Dante's lack of moves compared to the rest of the series and when DMC3 introduced changing weapons on the fly it was really hard to come back to DMC1. Still somehow the series was never able to recapture the very well thought out enemy designs. DMC4 comes close but not quite.

DMC2: Everything about this game was crap. Overpowered guns, No extra moves, upgrading weapons was useless, DT mechanic was interesting at first but than you realize the amulet hearts don't really amount to anything. Almost no story. Nearly impossible to be stylish. Dante only said like 5 lines. Seriously how the blue hell can this be considered better than DmC? It's like the worst game of the genre.

DMC3: Dante sure can do alot. Styles are cool. Has the most weapons in the series. Boss fights were epic. Truely an awesome game. Only problem was some of the enemies were just glorified punching bags and didn't exist for any other purpose than to build your style meter. Having only 4 weapons is kind of a bummer now though and having only 1 style feels very limiting. Unless you have swordmaster air combos do not exist and unless you have gunslinger guns can't do much. At least in DMC I can still do air combos dodge easily while still firing my shotgun all around. (fireworks)

DMC4: Nero's Devil Bringer was fun to play around with but a lack of weaponry made playing him seem boring when compared to Dante. Backtracking should be brought up sure, but when backtracking you were playing a different character who played vastly different than the other and with more weapons and Style switching Dante was alot funner to play, however he still lacked the weapon variety he had in DMC3, as such he didn't have quite as many moves and the sucky part about it is he was only playable for 7 missions. While the enemy design was better than 3 the bosses definitely missed the mark in comparison. The final boss is in my opinion the worst final boss in the series even when compared to DmC's and DMC2's. Not a bad game but still had some pretty notable flaws.

DmC: It was fun to have access to 8 weapons at once while having a grapple mechanic. Easily more enjoyable than Nero. Compared to DMC4 Dante alot is missing even though he has more weapons. People would say DMC3 Dante as well but truth be told I played DMC3 earlier today I felt limited in comparison due to only having 4 weapons at once instead of 8 and unless I have swordmaster or gunslinger style equipped I can't really do as much combos in comparison either. So I'll give credit where its due when it comes to combos I actually prefer DmC Dante over DMC3 Dante. (notice how I didn't say DMC4 Dante.) However the game has some pretty pathetic boss fights. the only decent one is the final boss but its just decent. On top of that the style system is the exact opposite of DMC2, now its TOO EASY to be stylish. Getting an S rank didn't really say much about your skill anymore since this game handed out S ranks like they were going out of style.

So as you can see each and every game in the series has their flaws and with the exception of DMC2 they also have strengths as well. Which is best is entirely up to preference.

As for me it goes

DmC: Despite the crappy bosses and broken style system I still love having 8 weapons at once. Many combo possibilities.
DMC4: This would be number one if it weren't for playing Nero for the majority of the game. Playing Dante in Bloody Palace is probably the most fun I have had in the series.
DMC3: Has the most moves out of any DMC which sounds good on paper, but when going back to it now you realize that having only 4 weapons and 1 style limits the possibilites alot.
DMC1: Feels very limited in what the character can do.
DMC2: Well SOMETHING had to be at the bottom didn't it?
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#55A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/29/2013 4:00:17 AM
I'm playing DMC4 for the first time at the moment and Nero's gameplay does remind me a lot of DmC, except infinitely more enjoyable because of lock on. Exceed is also cool but I forget about it most of the time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#56Ishagu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:01:06 AM
Xtreme65 is right.

Fanboys are blind
---
You're not a serious gamer if you never game on a PC!!
-~Ishagu~-
#57LeonSK357Posted 1/29/2013 7:01:36 AM
Ishagu posted...
Xtreme65 is right.

Fanboys are blind

As it turns out you're a fanboy for DmC so likewise, good sir!

If this were just some game, a completely new title, sure, it wouldn't be as bad. It's unlikely that I would even give it a second look but that's not the point.
Now, considering that this is supposed to represent the DMC I know and love.... HELL no. The soul of DMC was not captured by DmC, nor did it even come close. As a Devil May Cry game, DmC utterly failed.
---
Hugs from BasementDude: 1
http://i47.tinypic.com/xds7cn.jpg
#58SlaveBladePosted 1/29/2013 7:05:40 AM
DMC1: Good but outdated. It's outdated for the soul reason of Dante's lack of moves compared to the rest of the series and when DMC3 introduced changing weapons on the fly it was really hard to come back to DMC1. Still somehow the series was never able to recapture the very well thought out enemy designs.

DMC1 had weapon switching, only between Ifrit and Alastor, but really, there was no reason to not be using those two.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#59Ishagu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:15:33 AM
LeonSK357 posted...
Ishagu posted...
Xtreme65 is right.

Fanboys are blind

As it turns out you're a fanboy for DmC so likewise, good sir!

If this were just some game, a completely new title, sure, it wouldn't be as bad. It's unlikely that I would even give it a second look but that's not the point.
Now, considering that this is supposed to represent the DMC I know and love.... HELL no. The soul of DMC was not captured by DmC, nor did it even come close. As a Devil May Cry game, DmC utterly failed.

Im not a fanboy for DmC. Im probably a bigger fan of the original games than most people - I even own the anime series on bluray. I also wouldn't place these games anywhere near my all time favourites.

You cry about this game like is a horrible mess. Its simply not the old DMC. Get over it.
---
You're not a serious gamer if you never game on a PC!!
-~Ishagu~-
#60LeonSK357Posted 1/29/2013 7:26:13 AM
Ishagu posted...
Im not a fanboy for DmC. Im probably a bigger fan of the original games than most people - I even own the anime series on bluray. I also wouldn't place these games anywhere near my all time favourites.

You cry about this game like is a horrible mess. Its simply not the old DMC. Get over it.

Crying? Hardly. Let's call it what it is. I'm expressing my dislike for this game because 1) I don't like it for reasons previously stated, and 2) because I have the free time to do so.

Now, I refuse to get over it. If someone takes my second favorite franchise and craps all over it while simultaneously talking s*** about the previous versions and claiming their s*** is art? Hah! You'b best believe I'm going to voice my displeasure over it.

Believe me, I'm a very open-minded person and am not stubborn most of the time. Hell, I play Battlefield, Medal of Honor, AND Call of Duty and like them all. People like what they like, don't like what they don't like. Person A's preferences are going to be different from Person B because it's just our nature. As such, I figure an apology was necessary for the fanboy comment. Your preference is your own. I'm simply stating my preference and opinion :P
---
Hugs from BasementDude: 1
http://i47.tinypic.com/xds7cn.jpg