DmC Second week UK sales drop a MASSIVE 64%!

#141Sir_SpecterPosted 1/28/2013 1:05:06 PM
ukloukloiy posted...
Sir_Specter posted...
It's hard to get more cliche than half-demon half-angel.

Half-human and half-demon isnt?

It's close, but no. Demon/angel just SCREAMS 13 year old trying to make the most super awesome powerful thing he can think of. Seriously, I can't tell you how often I've seen that mashup poorly drawn and plastered on DA pages.

I'd also wager that Devil May Cry is part of why half-human half-demons became so popular. Dante pulled it off by being a smug jerk brimming with confidence and the power to back it up. He's like the ultimate power-trip character so people jumped on the bandwagon. NT desperately tried to up the ante by throwing another supernatural creature in there and removing the one thing that makes the character even slightly relatable. His humanity was important. It's why he did the things he did. He acted more like a human than anything else.

But what I hate most about the design isn't that detail. It's that he's fugly and lost any semblance of charm or wit. Though again, poor gameplay (no lock on, entirely useless bullets, infinite combo with one attack, stylish meter that can be raised without varying attacks thus removing its entire reason for existing, and lack of difficulty that the series was built on) is a worse offense.
#142ShengaliPosted 1/28/2013 1:09:18 PM
Taizuku posted...
Shengali posted...
Taizuku posted...
fifinambo posted...
Taizuku posted...
Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad.

Well, we're not going to buy the game. And don't say we convinced people not to because that **** doesn't fly either. There was both pros and antis on this board.

Sure there was pros, and they were told to shut up and dogpiled by antis for 2 years straight. You convinced a lot more people not to buy it than you think.

Bandwagon hate goes further than actual distaste.

lol, thought the "Antis" were the minority and didn't matter in the long run? Wouldn't make a difference at all because the game was so great that everyone else would overshadow them? It's amazing how suddenly that battlecry goes away now that the game actually isn't doing that well.

Almost makes me sad I didn't stay an Anti.

In the vast gaming community, antis are far the minority, and you definitely don't matter in the long run.

1st - No "You", it'd be "They". According to "PRO" logic I can't be an Anti since I've played the game. I even have plans to buy it. But please, keep labeling people that disagree with you an "Anti" - it's entertaining to see people make fools of themselves. Besides, it's pretty much the new "Troll!" response around here. inb4general"You" - still doesn't work, as you aren't addressing one. It's like saying "All you white people..." to an african american.

2nd - If they really don't matter, then quit giving them sole credit for the downfall of this game. There are people out there that have never heard of GameFaqs/GameSpot and/or have, but have never even been on this site. There are people out there that don't care for all the BS (Anti/Pro war, Tameem said this, Capcom said that, etc) and simply didn't like the game. Apparently there are a lot, going by the sales figures.

3rd - Going back to your original comment: Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad. Can easily be twisted into the thinking almost any Anti has had over the past two years. "Super selfish. There are people out there that DO want a DMC5, but because Capcom and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad." It still fits, no matter how you try to argue against it.

4th - It's Capcom's decision, obviously. They decided to go with DmC, and they'll decide the future. DmC2? Yeah, I'd be a little sad that it's not DMC5, but I'd definitely look into it. They've made the oddest decisions in the past, so keep hope! No matter how this sells they could still make a DmC2! You "Pros" can rejoice! (See how annoying that can be? To generalize? Only thing is, I'm not sure I'm wrong about you, as you seem to be one of the more rabid DmC supporters. Don't get me wrong, you calmed after your "disappointment", but now you seem back in full force)
#143cyanide_suicidePosted 1/28/2013 1:13:20 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
The only reason for this bad sells are the haters, who call themselfs the "real" fans.

My Girlfriend is Real fan of DMC series, and, like me, owns every title (also 3 and 3SE both!) and actually waned to buy the game. But she didn't... TOday I asked her why. What did she said? "Well the fans say it is a terrible game that makes everything worse then DMC4. So I don't buy it!"
Even after I told her that it is a good game, even after showing her many professionel reviews. "It doesn't matter, the fans say it is bad, that is worth more."
And then I said: "And what about me? I'm a die-hard fan too, and think it is at least as good as DMC1! Does that not count?"
And do you know what she answered?
"There is always a minority..." You have no clue how angry I was, to hear that strangers words are more worth then that of her boyfriend... and it cames even better.
"Can you tell me on which stupid site you you were looking?"

and she really answered "GFaqs!"

Great... you people really know how to manipulate people, do you? She didn't even want to borrow it or watch me play through it...

You should let her be the one to make all the big decisions, it looks like she has the better judgment in the relationship.
#144liquidleonx3Posted 1/28/2013 1:17:41 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
The only reason for this bad sells are the haters, who call themselfs the "real" fans.

My Girlfriend is Real fan of DMC series, and, like me, owns every title (also 3 and 3SE both!) and actually waned to buy the game. But she didn't... TOday I asked her why. What did she said? "Well the fans say it is a terrible game that makes everything worse then DMC4. So I don't buy it!"
Even after I told her that it is a good game, even after showing her many professionel reviews. "It doesn't matter, the fans say it is bad, that is worth more."
And then I said: "And what about me? I'm a die-hard fan too, and think it is at least as good as DMC1! Does that not count?"
"There is always a minority..." You have no clue how angry I was, to hear that strangers words are more worth then that of her boyfriend... and it cames even better.

Great... you people really know how to manipulate people, do you? She didn't even want to borrow it or watch me play through it...

By girlfriend do you mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your **** every night?

lol sorry sorry just joking. Just saw a chance to use that line so it had to be done.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#145shatterstarPosted 1/28/2013 1:30:38 PM
@AsimLeonheart

Like I've said. Don't take my word for it mate, just wait and see.

As soon as the talks are over, they'll make an announcement.
#146Bancario51Posted 1/28/2013 1:47:25 PM
Ishagu posted...
Lets rejoice. Another franchise we love is going to die.

Call of Duty ftw! Yay. Lets all go play BO2

Love? thats a strong word...
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#147ShengaliPosted 1/28/2013 1:51:32 PM
liquidleonx3 posted...
By girlfriend do you mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your **** every night?
lol sorry sorry just joking. Just saw a chance to use that line so it had to be done.

lol, Grandma's Boy quote FTW!!

Haven't actually paid much attention to the conversation, just saw the line and had to jump in. Man that's a funny movie :lol
#148sworderPosted 1/28/2013 1:51:49 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
NightmareGamma posted...

You should let her be the one to make all the big decisions, it looks like she has the better judgment in the relationship.

Agreed.
#149Pesmerga255Posted 1/28/2013 1:52:27 PM
shatterstar posted...
@AsimLeonheart

Take your lies elsewhere. You've been proven wrong on every single thing you've ever said.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#150cyanide_suicidePosted 1/28/2013 2:04:46 PM(edited)
shatterstar posted...
@AsimLeonheart

There were indeed talks of a sequel, all before the game released and the sales figures came in. It may not ever publicly or officially get cancelled, but I would say there's a good chance that DmC2 will never be heard from again. In the gaming industry this is what is known as vaporware. This happens more often than you would think, silently killing projects off without raising a big deal about it.

So this game bombed in sales. Capcom is a publicly traded company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The only people they are obligated to do anything for are to their stock holders and investors, not to any gamer or fanbase. If they were a private company they could do whatever the hell they wanted, but they're not.

After marketing costs, since this game was heavily marketed and is currently not on track to sell the projected 2 million in sales, it's fair to say that Capcom has lost money on this venture. Ultimately, whether or not Capcom will make a DmC2 depends on whether or not they feel they can repair the DmC brand and make a profit with DmC2, fulfilling their obligations to their stockholders above all else. They don't give a damn about making the customers happy just for the sake of it, they care about making money through making customers happy. If they think there's no money to be made with DmC2 it won't be made.

Capcom could make DMC5 if they feel like apologizing to the original fanbase that made DMC4 as successful as it was, catering to them instead of the mainstream audience that ignored DmC, if it could make them a profit. Or they could decide the franchise is unprofitable now and kill it off altogether.