DmC Second week UK sales drop a MASSIVE 64%!

#151AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:03:49 PM
shatterstar posted...
@AsimLeonheart

Like I've said. Don't take my word for it mate, just wait and see.

As soon as the talks are over, they'll make an announcement.

They can make a DmC2 if they want to. I dont care. It will flop even worse than this one. CAPCOM can continue to lose money if they like until they go under like THQ.
#152tehdudPosted 1/28/2013 2:31:27 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
shatterstar posted...
They can't terminate what has already begun mates. This is the direct they're going with.

RE2: restarted from scratch after it was ~80% complete.

RE4: restarted three times.

Sure, buddy, sure.

reyray0709 posted...
You guys are mental.

Usually when a Capcom game doesn't sell, Capcom stops making them.

Ex. Street figher for 7 years, Megaman (currently)

Why would they want to release something that doesn't sell?

Because they know why it didn't sell, and right now Capcom certainly can't simply drop their 4th best selling series ever. At least one more game is certain even if DmC flops.

And SF was dropped for 7 years because 6+ games flopped, not just one (the SFEX series, the SF3 series).

sf3 came at a
bad time. It had no means of a home port that can do it justice. Dc failed as a console. ex was like this game. Capcom cashing in by selling characters to another dev.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#153_Uwye_Posted 1/28/2013 2:38:37 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
shatterstar posted...
@AsimLeonheart

There were indeed talks of a sequel, all before the game released and the sales figures came in. It may not ever publicly or officially get cancelled, but I would say there's a good chance that DmC2 will never be heard from again. In the gaming industry this is what is known as vaporware. This happens more often than you would think, silently killing projects off without raising a big deal about it.

Case in point, MGR. Before Kojima decided to give it to P* games, I mean.

tehdud posted...
sf3 came at a
bad time. It had no means of a home port that can do it justice. Dc failed as a console. ex was like this game. Capcom cashing in by selling characters to another dev.

I still think that SF3 biggest problem was that it was a sequel in name only. It felt just too different, story and style was completely disconnected and if you think that originally it didn't even had Ryu and Ken in the roster...
#154MrStarkillerPosted 1/28/2013 2:50:08 PM
Zuki, pls. Stahp. You're hurting yourself.

Merga: Why have you been ducking your teacher? Do you wish to remain a casual?
#155stevenbobPosted 1/28/2013 2:53:30 PM
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

Fair enough. We don't want DmC. Have it shelved then.

Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad.

its your own fault that the game is flopping you were the desired audience and turns out you can not save it
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#156shatterstarPosted 1/28/2013 2:54:39 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
shatterstar posted...
@AsimLeonheart

They can make a DmC2 if they want to. I dont care. It will flop even worse than this one. CAPCOM can continue to lose money if they like until they go under like THQ.

Well obviously you do or you wouldn't be here.

But you chose to continue to think illogically while everyone else that has played the game (which I'm pretty sure everyone in here has several times and on all difficulties and are now waiting for Vergil's DLC and Bloody Palace) realized that DmC was a pretty decent game, wasn't great, but sure in hell wasn't a bad either.

So now those very people that were against it, are now saying that they wouldn't mind a sequel to DmC or DMC5.

Others realized and accepted the fact that this is the direction that they're going with and so now let's focus on ways to improve on the sequel.

You on the other hand and some of these others in this forum wanna continue to trash talk Capcom and NT, spam the user reviews, and party off of the bad sales and thinking now they'll give me my reward for doing all this...???

A company that canceled money making franchises like Onimusha, Megaman Legends, and Dino Crisis all because they've lost the talent behind them or they feel they've reached a turning-off point for that particular franchise. A company that doesn't listen to the fans at all.

Are you serious mate?...lol.
#157liquidleonx3Posted 1/28/2013 3:26:40 PM
Shengali posted...
liquidleonx3 posted...
By girlfriend do you mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your **** every night?
lol sorry sorry just joking. Just saw a chance to use that line so it had to be done.

lol, Grandma's Boy quote FTW!!

Haven't actually paid much attention to the conversation, just saw the line and had to jump in. Man that's a funny movie :lol

Yeah I'm gonna have to watch it later.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#158RichterB17Posted 1/28/2013 3:36:31 PM
shatterstar posted...
@AsimLeonheart

You've said that plenty of times shatter, and it's always been a lie. I remember at one point you tried to make it seem like Lilith's baby was supposed to be an important character in the sequel. We all know how that turned out.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#159ShengaliPosted 1/28/2013 3:41:05 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
I can't believe how stubborn peolpe can be... HONESTLY! Who of you REALLY played the game? And I mean the COMPLETE GAME! not just a few Levels, or the demo. THE WHOLE GAME? And be honest!

I did. The whole game. Even redid some of the earlier levels to get more collectibles. Was going to start SoS mode, but I didn't really wanna replay it more after getting said collectibles, so I'm waiting for a bit until my next run through.

I will say though that I hate how they have stuff you can't get in the early levels without items from the later levels. It's the worst kind of backtracking. Sure, games like Zelda & Darksiders do it, but that whole game is based around exploration, as obvious by the dungeons.

Wait, were you talking ONLY to the Antis?
#160ShengaliPosted 1/28/2013 3:51:05 PM
Taizuku posted...
InfiniteDemise posted...
Taizuku posted...

Yeah...my mom lost her job and we lost our house about 10 years ago. We're good now, but the months after that sucked ass.

That sucks...I think would be the appropriate thing to say in this situation. But unlike NT, your mother probably didn't bring it upon herself to lose her job. They should've been dismantled years ago, but kept getting second chances and all of which they squandered. It would just be a waste if they kept repeating the cycle of screwing up -> second chance instead of finally just biting the bullet and pursuit something they might actually be good at.

They didn't bring it on. Antis did. Everything they did was a direct result of antis.

lol, seriously Taizuku, you're slipping man... IF I'm recalling correctly I've even had several decent conversations with you, but this is just... slipping... slipping hard and falling flat. Did you even read what they said?

They're talking about HS & Enslaved and how they didn't like them. How the game sales were low, and arguably didn't even break even for the studio. How glitchy the games could be (main character disappears completely in Enslaved) or how shallow the combat can be (No jump in HS, Enslaved combat in general was disliked - touting story as its selling point instead). And your retort is... the Antis? Really? So the Antis (sounds like you're referring to DmC antis) were directly responsible for the studio creating two games that came out wwwaaaayyyy before DmC was announced...?

*sigh* You're slipping Tai... and letting your anger get the best of you. I take it you grow tired of the stupid "war" as well? Then by all means, join me in correcting gross untruths, but don't add to the useless flaming. It used to be beneath you. Stand above it all once again. I apologize for giving you a (somewhat, but not really) hard time earlier - I didn't realize just how depraved this whole thing has made you.