DmC Second week UK sales drop a MASSIVE 64%!

#191_Uwye_Posted 1/29/2013 9:39:36 AM
shatterstar posted...
Now ask yourself. Did you actually see the child die and do you really think that one simple bullet is capable of killing it. They never showed the bullet going through the child and that was on purpose but they showed the bullet going through Lilith's head.

Mundus is absolutely dead and there's no doubt about that. But Ninja Theory purposely left plot holes for other installments and the son of Mundus is one of them.

Mundus: Why did you kill my son?

:rolleyes:
#192360pagesPosted 1/29/2013 10:56:58 AM
When you take an already Niche game series and shatter the fan base you will get these sales. The casuals will keep playing COD and the only thing you succed in is losing sales rather than gaining them.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#193360pagesPosted 1/29/2013 10:59:00 AM
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

Fair enough. We don't want DmC. Have it shelved then.

Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad.

Well, to be fair. You can't make them buy a game they'll hate, what do you expect them to do? I didn't buy the game, I wasn't going to support it.
---
#194fifinamboPosted 1/29/2013 11:02:24 AM
360pages posted...
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad.

Well, to be fair. You can't make them buy a game they'll hate, what do you expect them to do? I didn't buy the game, I wasn't going to support it.

They're saying our bandwagon hate caused the game to flop even though before the game was released we were considered an insignificant, vocal, minority of trolls.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#195360pagesPosted 1/29/2013 11:19:31 AM
fifinambo posted...
360pages posted...
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

They're saying our bandwagon hate caused the game to flop even though before the game was released we were considered an insignificant, vocal, minority of trolls.

I don't get it, first we're the vocal minority that doesn't matter and are simply trolls, then we are the reason it's selling poorly?

Then again, people should always be careful with the words "Don't like it, don't buy it." Because people may indeed not buy it.
---
#196RandugulfPosted 1/29/2013 12:54:52 PM
I instead assumed the snarky journalist persona, and without thinking asked, “So, how do you feel about the fan reaction to DMC?”

Tameen looked at me a moment and took a drag of his cigarette. Then without blinking, and without pausing to exhale the smoke from his mouth he said, “I don't care.”

I wonder if he cares now.
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth." -Kahlil Gibran
#197myghostisdeadPosted 1/29/2013 2:24:53 PM
fifinambo posted...
360pages posted...
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

Agree. Then again if you look back many of the people were saying for people who didn't like this direction to keep up the hate because all it was doing was creating publicity and gaining the game more notice than any of the professional articles.
#198syctheweilderPosted 1/29/2013 2:28:57 PM
myghostisdead posted...
fifinambo posted...
360pages posted...
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

Agree. Then again if you look back many of the people were saying for people who didn't like this direction to keep up the hate because all it was doing was creating publicity and gaining the game more notice than any of the professional articles.

And what were those 'proffesional' articles about now? I can tell you they weren't about the game. No, they were about "silencing the haters". That was the angle they chose, and they paid for it in the end.
#199SolidxSnakePosted 1/30/2013 10:15:10 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
Ninja Theory/Tameem is cursed. Whatever they touch flops really HARD. They even made a prestigious series like DMC flop.

It's his own fault. He purposely **** all over the real DMC fans, and insulted us. He even tried to make Donte look like him. I don't even understand why they gave DMC to Ninja Theory anyway - all of there games are mediocre.
---
"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?" - Captain America
#200SolidxSnakePosted 1/30/2013 10:25:47 PM
Asellus posted...
Not surprising but ouch, I'm kind of starting to feel sorry for Ninja Theory.

I wonder why it's bombing so hard? As much as it might offend series purists it doesn't seem to be a bad game in itself. High production values, great reviews - horrible sales. What's the problem, exactly?

Maybe it's the name? Longtime fans avoid it because it doesn't look like the Devil May Cry they know and people who were never interested in the series in the first place see the name and don't look any deeper than that... Makes you wonder if it might've done better as a new IP than a reboot.

It'll get cheaper, and then I will buy it.

Ditto, I'm just waiting for a good Steam sale. The way things are going I doubt I'll have to wait long.

The problem is the game feels nothing like Devil May Cry. It feels like they took Heavenly Sword and tweaked the combat. Problem is Heavenly Sword sucks. They have the game at my local Gamestop in there PS3 for people to play. I beat the entire game in about 3 hours last week. I had already watched most of the cutscenes on youtube, and played the demo., so I just skipped through that garbage and played the missions.

The game looks pretty sometimes, and there's at least an attempt at a plot. However, the writing is complete C movie level garbage. It sounds like an 8th grader wrote it. Other than Rebellion all of the weapons kind of suck, or feel worthless. The gameplay makes Devil May Cry 2 look enjoyable. I wanted to smash my head into a wall around 9 missions into it.
---
"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?" - Captain America