DmC Second week UK sales drop a MASSIVE 64%!

#31TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 7:52:35 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
Kyrylo posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Kyrylo posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Seriously guys? You are that bitter over this whole fiasco? Whatever, enjoy your false hopes that DmC's failure will lead to Devil May Cry 5 (it won't).

As much as I want DMC5 I know it won't happens so I don'T mind as long as DmC is dead.

So you really are just that damn bitter.

Well, eye for an eye. I watched my favorite series die. Might as well rejoice over the death of it's replacement.

Capcom didn't want to do Devil May Cry 5 . They've all but screamed this from the rooftops. Capcom didn't want a fifth entry; Itsuno wanted to move on to a new project after 3 games and 5+ years; Kobayashi has several other projects to give his attention to; the main writer of Devil May Cry 3 and 4 left Capcom after Devil May Cry 4; and most of the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 team moved on to Dragon's Dogma. There never was going to be a Devil May Cry 5 . And if there was, it wouldn't have been the one we wanted since it would have been a brand new, rookie team working on it. DmC isn't so much a replacement as a way to stop the franchise from being shelved.

I've said this and things like this for the longest time. It falls upon deaf ears. Once people realize they'll have no DMC at all, this wont seem so bad. It'll only take a year or two.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#32Vault_ZeroPosted 1/28/2013 7:54:53 AM(edited)
mahroflcopter posted...
Kyrylo posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Kyrylo posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Seriously guys? You are that bitter over this whole fiasco? Whatever, enjoy your false hopes that DmC's failure will lead to Devil May Cry 5 (it won't).

As much as I want DMC5 I know it won't happens so I don'T mind as long as DmC is dead.

So you really are just that damn bitter.

Well, eye for an eye. I watched my favorite series die. Might as well rejoice over the death of it's replacement.

Capcom didn't want to do Devil May Cry 5 . They've all but screamed this from the rooftops. Capcom didn't want a fifth entry; Itsuno wanted to move on to a new project after 3 games and 5+ years; Kobayashi has several other projects to give his attention to; the main writer of Devil May Cry 3 and 4 left Capcom after Devil May Cry 4; and most of the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 team moved on to Dragon's Dogma. There never was going to be a Devil May Cry 5 . And if there was, it wouldn't have been the one we wanted since it would have been a brand new, rookie team working on it. DmC isn't so much a replacement as a way to stop the franchise from being shelved.

Fair enough. We don't want DmC. Have it shelved then.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#33KyryloPosted 1/28/2013 7:55:33 AM
mahroflcopter posted...

If Itsuno moved on, fine, I don't give a **** about DD anymore. Especially after they screwed buyers once again with ReRelease. AGAIN. Itsuno don't have balls and reduced to standard money greedy worker in Capcom. As for DmC. I rather see it shelved. I don't care about new direction, I'm not gonna support on NT. And I HOPE they do dmc2, just to see them get kicked on the street.
#34TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 7:57:49 AM
Vault_Zero posted...

Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#35mahroflcopterPosted 1/28/2013 7:59:03 AM
Kyrylo posted...
mahroflcopter posted...

If Itsuno moved on, fine, I don't give a **** about DD anymore. Especially after they screwed buyers once again with ReRelease. AGAIN. Itsuno don't have balls and reduced to standard money greedy worker in Capcom. As for DmC. I rather see it shelved. I don't care about new direction, I'm not gonna support on NT. And I HOPE they do dmc2, just to see them get kicked on the street.

Itsuno is a director... he hardly has any control over Capcom's business practices. And before you decry Dragon's Dogma... didn't Devil May Cry 3 have a rerelease?

Again, you are literally so bitter over a video game that you because you don't like it, you just can't bare the thought of it existing and therefore want to stop anyone else from enjoying it? Wow.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#36AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:59:52 AM
Asellus posted...
Not surprising but ouch, I'm kind of starting to feel sorry for Ninja Theory.

I wonder why it's bombing so hard? As much as it might offend series purists it doesn't seem to be a bad game in itself. High production values, great reviews - horrible sales. What's the problem, exactly?

Maybe it's the name? Longtime fans avoid it because it doesn't look like the Devil May Cry they know and people who were never interested in the series in the first place see the name and don't look any deeper than that... Makes you wonder if it might've done better as a new IP than a reboot.

It'll get cheaper, and then I will buy it.

Ditto, I'm just waiting for a good Steam sale. The way things are going I doubt I'll have to wait long.

I think the problem is that DMC only thrived on the basis of hardcore old fans. CAPCOM made a mistake trying to attract casuals by westernizing, casualizing and rebooting the franchise. As a result they lost their hardcore fanbase and most of their sales. It is really ironical; a game made to increase sales actually lost the sales it already had. DMC is just not the kind of game that casuals would play. CAPCOM would be regretting their decision and Ninja Theory would be cursing their luck or maybe the "haterz" for the game flopping. Greed is a curse man. Be satisfied with what you have. 2.5 million sales for DMC4 were just fine.
#37fifinamboPosted 1/28/2013 8:00:47 AM
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

Super ****ing selfish. There are people out there that do want this game, and more of it. But because you and a bunch of other butthurt/bitter aholes don't, no one gets a sequel or anything? That's really sad.

Well, we're not going to buy the game. And don't say we convinced people not to because that **** doesn't fly either. There was both pros and antis on this board.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#38MadigariPosted 1/28/2013 8:01:54 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
And before you decry Dragon's Dogma... didn't Devil May Cry 3 have a rerelease?

They're going to argue that it was acceptable, because it was pre-DLC. They're also going to be technically correct, but it still doesn't necessarily make it acceptable; it set a precedent that is still followed today.

As for the Dragon's Dogma thing, they've already explained why it has to be a full release: there's no way to update it to the level they want to in the code, and a patch wouldn't work because of first party issues (something they accept responsibility for).
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#39megamaticsPosted 1/28/2013 8:02:51 AM
Taizuku posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

They simply Voted with their wallets...If you want to thwart such a sentiment then by all means purchase a million copies of the game or get a Million or so people to buy it.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#40rice_noodlesPosted 1/28/2013 8:02:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RGfyI2b.png