DmC Second week UK sales drop a MASSIVE 64%!

#61AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:36:17 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC is a guranteed flop now. The sales dropped a massive 64% in the second week. The PS3 version fell out of the top 10 to number 13 and the XBOX 360 version fell to number 9! The first week sales were around 24,000 in UK so a drop of 64% means only 8640 units! That is horrible for a supposed "AAA" title. There goes the hope of pros who were expecting a resurgence in the second week because of word of mouth.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/28/dmc-loses-uk-number-one-after-one-week-as-black-ops-ii-returns-3369615/

Okay hurray a game you dont like and probably never tried didnt sale well. What would the argument be if the incomplete early numbers said it sold well.

How do you guys go on to assume that the person hasnt played the game? I have played it and still got it. Thinking about what to do with so I can salvage something out of it... The game sucks man! Anybody who has a refined taste will not like this casualized crap especially hardcore gamers because they dont like stupid enemy AI, hand-holding and shallow gameplay.
#62Blackmarvel79Posted 1/28/2013 7:37:19 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC is a guranteed flop now. The sales dropped a massive 64% in the second week. The PS3 version fell out of the top 10 to number 13 and the XBOX 360 version fell to number 9! The first week sales were around 24,000 in UK so a drop of 64% means only 8640 units! That is horrible for a supposed "AAA" title. There goes the hope of pros who were expecting a resurgence in the second week because of word of mouth.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/28/dmc-loses-uk-number-one-after-one-week-as-black-ops-ii-returns-3369615/

Okay hurray a game you dont like and probably never tried didnt sale well. What would the argument be if the incomplete early numbers said it sold well.

How do you guys go on to assume that the person hasnt played the game? I have played it and still got it. Thinking about what to do with so I can salvage something out of it... The game sucks man! Anybody who has a refined taste will not like this casualized crap especially hardcore gamers because they dont like stupid enemy AI, hand-holding and shallow gameplay.

It was an underwhelming game like the original 4 games.
---
Currently playing DMC. And still playing Mass Effect for the forseeable future.
#63darkestmercPosted 1/28/2013 7:37:19 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
vgman94 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Ishagu posted...
Lets rejoice. Another franchise we love is going to die.

Call of Duty ftw! Yay. Lets all go play BO2

Well , we do not love DmC; we love DMC so we will play that instead of BOPS.

Play the same game over and over, sure. Let our brains melt into repetition-loving maniacs! Bring it on!

So you want to play a sub-par game for the sake of change only? SOrry, I crave quality, not change which is the new buzzword these days.

Then get off of this board. As for the true DMC fans, a franchise we love WILL die because of you antis bringing it such a bad reputation.
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
#64akira_hisyamPosted 1/28/2013 7:38:29 AM
for me,it better i dont get any dmc game or should i said better let dmc die rather than see my fav game were butchered by arrogant,ignorance,douche bag, Ahole company.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#65sworderPosted 1/28/2013 7:39:39 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
Capcom didn't want to do Devil May Cry 5 . They've all but screamed this from the rooftops. Capcom didn't want a fifth entry; Itsuno wanted to move on to a new project after 3 games and 5+ years; Kobayashi has several other projects to give his attention to; the main writer of Devil May Cry 3 and 4 left Capcom after Devil May Cry 4; and most of the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 team moved on to Dragon's Dogma. There never was going to be a Devil May Cry 5 . And if there was, it wouldn't have been the one we wanted since it would have been a brand new, rookie team working on it. DmC isn't so much a replacement as a way to stop the franchise from being shelved.

BS. Capcom DOES want to do more DMC. They blatantly stated they will release games more often and that there will be a new DMC by 2015.

I don't care who makes DMC5. There are hundreds of employees at Capcom and Capcom can make damn good games when they aren't doing stupid practices. Anyone at Capcom would make a better DMC than NT, period.
#66mahroflcopterPosted 1/28/2013 7:41:07 AM
Kyrylo posted...
mahroflcopter posted...

Itsuno is a director... he hardly has any control over Capcom's business practices. And before you decry Dragon's Dogma... didn't Devil May Cry 3 have a rerelease?

Again, you are literally so bitter over a video game that you because you don't like it, you just can't bare the thought of it existing and therefore want to stop anyone else from enjoying it? Wow.

I don't care about those who enjoys it. If you want to enjoy it, enjoy. But what makes you sad? that it may never see sequel? So what, move on. All Antis did, you can do it too. But I'm glad how it got screwed, especially after giving old fans middle finger for 2 years. As for DD. Well I never bought DMC3 SE and Itsuno won't see my money for this "ReRelease". I hope his project gets canned.

I don't even like the game all that much as I gave it a 6/10 due to all the glaring design flaws (color coded enemies, unskippable cutscenes, platform sections that never change with subsequent playthroughs on top of the "jog and talk" sections that are unskippable, bad boss fights, utterly broken style system, etc).

I guess you could say that I'm just in disbelief at just how bitter and irrational you are towards a mere video game. So bitter that you are calling for Ninja Theory to go out of business, entire projects to get canned, and generally just spew hateful comments. Hyperbole or not, it says a lot about you that a mere video game has this much of an effect on you.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#67rockman11_zPosted 1/28/2013 7:43:21 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Based on what I'm reading, you believe the DMC series is underwhelming. Serious question, do you like hack and slash games?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#68mahroflcopterPosted 1/28/2013 7:45:31 AM
sworder posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Capcom didn't want to do Devil May Cry 5 . They've all but screamed this from the rooftops. Capcom didn't want a fifth entry; Itsuno wanted to move on to a new project after 3 games and 5+ years; Kobayashi has several other projects to give his attention to; the main writer of Devil May Cry 3 and 4 left Capcom after Devil May Cry 4; and most of the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 team moved on to Dragon's Dogma. There never was going to be a Devil May Cry 5 . And if there was, it wouldn't have been the one we wanted since it would have been a brand new, rookie team working on it. DmC isn't so much a replacement as a way to stop the franchise from being shelved.

BS. Capcom DOES want to do more DMC. They blatantly stated they will release games more often and that there will be a new DMC by 2015.

I don't care who makes DMC5. There are hundreds of employees at Capcom and Capcom can make damn good games when they aren't doing stupid practices. Anyone at Capcom would make a better DMC than NT, period.

And they could have made Devil May Cry 5 for 5 years now. They could have had Ninja Theory make Devil May Cry 5. They could have forced Itsuno to make Devil May Cry 5. They could have chosen for a brand new team to make Devil May Cry 5. They didn't. And they have been dropping hints all along that DmC is the way they are going from now on and "if there are enough fans who demand it, we might revisit the old" (I don't care what PR double speak they used, this is what they meant).
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#69sworderPosted 1/28/2013 7:50:07 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
And they could have made Devil May Cry 5 for 5 years now. They could have had Ninja Theory make Devil May Cry 5. They could have forced Itsuno to make Devil May Cry 5. They could have chosen for a brand new team to make Devil May Cry 5. They didn't. And they have been dropping hints all along that DmC is the way they are going from now on and "if there are enough fans who demand it, we might revisit the old" (I don't care what PR double speak they used, this is what they meant).

But they want to now. The past doesn't matter anymore. DmC is failing and they wanna make more games. They don't even need to have a massive budget and a massive team like DMC4. Just give us DMC5 and it will sell.
#70Blackmarvel79Posted 1/28/2013 7:50:54 AM
rockman11_z posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Based on what I'm reading, you believe the DMC series is underwhelming. Serious question, do you like hack and slash games?

Yeah I like hack and slash. DMC as a series has alway been overated. They have mostly been good games but they are far from the hype. Overrated. Shallow Storys lame characters and massively repetative enemies. The only reason to play was on the harder difficulties. Play them beat them trade them in. Repeat with sequels.
---
Currently playing DMC. And still playing Mass Effect for the forseeable future.