Does this get better than the demo?

#1_NamelessOne_Posted 1/28/2013 11:16:54 AM
Note: Please refrain from typical "i hate this game because its not the best" style comments.

I played and enjoyed the demo, I would like to know if the game gets better throughout, or if it tapers off. I am brand new to the series; I think I played dmc2 over a friends for like 5 mins years ago lol. Anyway is this a good buy for someone new to the series?

Thanks.
---
Gamer Tag & PSN: SomeOneSly l Persona: DragonSly
peace sign up, index finger down, now shove it
#2hoagie727Posted 1/28/2013 11:20:48 AM
If you liked the demo you will like the game.

The demo has most of the moves unlocked but you get 2 more guns and 2 more weapons.

The bosses suck though.
#3vgman94Posted 1/28/2013 11:21:49 AM
This demo is fairly early into the game, although it's two of the better parts for the first half of the game, it's far from the best. The levels that come after this get better in terms of art style and difficulty. And the last parts of the game get very impressive compared to the demo. The game also has a good deal of collectibles and some of those are side missions which give you rewards for them. Overall I'd highly recommend it. I myself am a newcomer and this is my first and only DmC game. For newer people that aren't obsessed over i-frames and the like, this is an excellent game and it does get better as you go through it. I highly recommend it.
#4m100t1sPosted 1/28/2013 11:22:22 AM
It does get better.

You get more 4 weapons.
1 new angel weapon, 1 new demon weapons, 2 new guns.

And all the weapons are 8, you can use them all the time in one combo.

So yeah, It gets better in every mission in the game.

Here's a combo mad video shows the gameplay in the final game with all the weapons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55xnoNkHxFc

I hope you enjoy the game =D
#5GoreGrossPosted 1/28/2013 11:23:10 AM
The demo is a pretty accurate representation of the full game.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#6LordxSlothPosted 1/28/2013 11:23:31 AM
No. The game is pretty much the demo but with more color coded enemies which gets very tedious later in the game when they start tossing them around like rock candy at halloween forcing you to switch around specific weapons to handle the enemies around each other and should your auto lock kick in and you hit the wrong guy your weapon bounces off leaving you standing there.

It destroys your freedom to play as you please in favor of "PLAY IT MY WAY, NOT YOURS!"
---
~Lord_Sloth The Inner Demon
#7_NamelessOne_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:26:43 AM
Thanks for the responses all. I also forgot to ask, is the game long/in depth story? Or is it more of a quick play through? To the person who mention frame rates etc, I'm an old school gamer. I enjoy games that I find fun regardless of mechanics and graphics. =)

Thanks.
---
Gamer Tag & PSN: SomeOneSly l Persona: DragonSly
peace sign up, index finger down, now shove it
#8hoagie727Posted 1/28/2013 11:27:32 AM
LordxSloth posted...
No. The game is pretty much the demo but with more color coded enemies which gets very tedious later in the game when they start tossing them around like rock candy at halloween forcing you to switch around specific weapons to handle the enemies around each other and should your auto lock kick in and you hit the wrong guy your weapon bounces off leaving you standing there.

It destroys your freedom to play as you please in favor of "PLAY IT MY WAY, NOT YOURS!"

This was a bad attempt to add difficulty to the game and choose which enemies to take out in which order.

It does force noobs to switch weapons which makes them feel less nooby.

If you are having issue with locking on to the wrong enemy try shooting with E&I and cycling with L3. You can pick enemies that way.
#9LordxSlothPosted 1/28/2013 11:28:05 AM
_NamelessOne_ posted...
Thanks for the responses all. I also forgot to ask, is the game long/in depth story? Or is it more of a quick play through? To the person who mention frame rates etc, I'm an old school gamer. I enjoy games that I find fun regardless of mechanics and graphics. =)

Thanks.

Roughly 7 hours.
---
~Lord_Sloth The Inner Demon
#10QCTeamkillPosted 1/28/2013 11:29:46 AM
_NamelessOne_ posted...

Thanks.

I clocked 10 hours for first playthrough, from which you can cut a couple hours spent to find the collectibles.