Even the sales are not met, is it sure they won't make DmC2?

#1rockman11_zPosted 1/28/2013 11:03:12 AM
Didn't Castlevania LOS got a sequel despite of the sales?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#2InfiniteDemisePosted 1/28/2013 11:04:20 AM
Yea...but wasn't Mercury Steam contracted for a trilogy?
---
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "
#3antking61Posted 1/28/2013 11:04:52 AM
LoS got decent sales actually and they were contracted to make a trilogy from the start.

Nothing is saying we won't get DmC2 yet.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#4vgman94Posted 1/28/2013 11:05:26 AM
This game needs a sequel. It shouldn't end like that. Darksiders shouldn't have ended with 2's ending or Prototype 2's ending, but we all know that good games' lives are cut short.
#5KeJo6Posted 1/28/2013 11:06:20 AM
depends. capcom, despite what people would believe, do know that the franchise is popular (saying franchise as a whole, not just this game) so they'll more than likely make a sequel.

hell, namco still makes sequels to SoulCalibur, despite sales dropping with every new installment (partially their fault)
---
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13
#6rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:06:32 AM
Oh I see. Is NT contracted to do another DmC?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#7antking61Posted 1/28/2013 11:07:41 AM
rockman11_z posted...
Oh I see. Is NT contracted to do another DmC?

Not as far as I know.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#8QCTeamkillPosted 1/28/2013 11:08:11 AM
NT is a small studio, and I believe they do fill the requirements for a tax refund from the British Gov (notice the union jack on Dante's arm) so yeah, Capcom would be cuhrazee to not let NT make sequels at 1 mil copies a pop while just sitting on their hands.

Doesn't mean Capcom shouldn't be working on DMC5 though.
#9InfiniteDemisePosted 1/28/2013 11:08:34 AM
KeJo6 posted...
depends. capcom, despite what people would believe, do know that the franchise is popular (saying franchise as a whole, not just this game) so they'll more than likely make a sequel.

hell, namco still makes sequels to SoulCalibur, despite sales dropping with every new installment (partially their fault)

Only partially? O_o. SC just kept degrading after SCIII. And SCV doesn't even feel like SC anymore, but a 3D game that stole mechanics from Street Fighter.
---
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "
#10hoagie727Posted 1/28/2013 11:09:17 AM
They may make it just because of the good reviews and being #1 on the charts.

People keep saying it is a failure if it doesn't sell like the old games but I don't agree.

There are way too many factors that have changed since then to compare them.

Also the ending teases a sequel big time.