Even the sales are not met, is it sure they won't make DmC2?

#11DethaPosted 1/28/2013 12:10:16 PM
DmC2 may or may not come out, but they would be pretty silly to just up and end the original franchise, considering sales figures.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#12produnerPosted 1/28/2013 12:14:55 PM(edited)
NT was on the verge of closing as a studio, they were saved by sony then capcom. The reason why DmC is made is probably because the team and Itsuno were working on Dragon Dogma and capcom wanted to milk DMC and produce a game for the fans, as they claim ( LOL ). So they choose NT for their "work", though i doubt it since tameem begged sony before. Until now, we don't know if capcom is going to make a DmC2 or DMC5.
#13Kira0987Posted 1/28/2013 12:32:02 PM
If they do make a DmC2 I wouldn't be surprised one bit. Capcom doesn't listen to fans at all and continue to make terrible decisions.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#14GreatTroySenseiPosted 1/28/2013 12:41:01 PM
InfiniteDemise posted...
KeJo6 posted...
depends. capcom, despite what people would believe, do know that the franchise is popular (saying franchise as a whole, not just this game) so they'll more than likely make a sequel.

hell, namco still makes sequels to SoulCalibur, despite sales dropping with every new installment (partially their fault)

Only partially? O_o. SC just kept degrading after SCIII. And SCV doesn't even feel like SC anymore, but a 3D game that stole mechanics from Street Fighter.

SoulCal V was the best since 2. 3 was an abortion and IV was just awful so that's not saying much... but it was a step in the right direction. Anyone who says it was like street fighter has no idea how to play either SC or SF.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#15jerry_wirerammePosted 1/28/2013 1:04:26 PM
It might depend on the DLC sales to a certain extent. It seems that a lot of the people who actually bought the game like it, if they continue to support through DLC, it might persuade Capcom that it has a strong enough core to build on.

I was doubtful going in but managed to love it for what it is, rather than hate it for what it isnt, so I'm looking forward to Bloody Palace and Virgils Downfall and hopefully DmC 2.
---
Sean: Pearl 3308 1581 4514, White 4555 9298 7750 White 2 4427 9371 6990
#16ShengaliPosted 1/28/2013 1:19:10 PM
CV: LoS is being touted as the "best selling CV game in the franchise", so I think it did well enough.