DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency
3 years ago#11
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
3 years ago#12
I think the problem is that Anita is a purveyor of the worst kind of fluffy, hypercritical feminist deconstruction. Showing up certain problematic representations is not such an unworthy cause by itself but I think she does her ilk a disservice.

But I kind of want to see what Jim Sterling has to say about this.
3 years ago#13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2dxMUp_QQ

DINGA DINGA DINGA DING, I'M A SUPERGIRL
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
3 years ago#14
Taizuku posted...
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
3 years ago#15
Oh gawd...Anything but her attention whoring. Just ignore her people...
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
3 years ago#16
GreatTroySensei posted...
Taizuku posted...

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.

Yeah, you're right. There are never any male characters in the background of anything.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
3 years ago#17
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
3 years ago#18
megamatics posted...
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?

Because that would make TOO much sense.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
3 years ago#19
"Feminists"

Not even once.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
3 years ago#20
Taizuku posted...

...typical

"it's the fault of men that there aren't more women writers to create fiction with female leads."

here's a thought... go work on your english major. take some writing classes. start a renaissance.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived