DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

#11TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 12:52:11 PM
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#12zfair89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:53:01 PM
I think the problem is that Anita is a purveyor of the worst kind of fluffy, hypercritical feminist deconstruction. Showing up certain problematic representations is not such an unworthy cause by itself but I think she does her ilk a disservice.

But I kind of want to see what Jim Sterling has to say about this.
#13smithkakarotPosted 1/28/2013 12:54:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2dxMUp_QQ

DINGA DINGA DINGA DING, I'M A SUPERGIRL
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#14GreatTroySenseiPosted 1/28/2013 1:02:46 PM
Taizuku posted...
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#15megamaticsPosted 1/28/2013 1:03:55 PM
Oh gawd...Anything but her attention whoring. Just ignore her people...
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#16TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 1:05:09 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
Taizuku posted...

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.

Yeah, you're right. There are never any male characters in the background of anything.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#17megamaticsPosted 1/28/2013 1:05:37 PM
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#18smithkakarotPosted 1/28/2013 1:06:26 PM
megamatics posted...
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?

Because that would make TOO much sense.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#19Shadow2790xPosted 1/28/2013 1:07:45 PM
"Feminists"

Not even once.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#20bearded_moosePosted 1/28/2013 1:07:55 PM
Taizuku posted...

...typical

"it's the fault of men that there aren't more women writers to create fiction with female leads."

here's a thought... go work on your english major. take some writing classes. start a renaissance.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13