DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

#21Dark_EpathyPosted 1/28/2013 1:09:31 PM
What's irritating, I suppose, is that there are only a couple of things in this game that could be considered misogynistic. And that's only without the necessary context.

When you take these things out of context and use them to paint the entire game as one thing or other, it just isn't responsible. It's especially ironic when you consider Heavenly Sword featured two capable female protagonists.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#22RogerioFMPosted 1/28/2013 1:09:41 PM
Yeah, Ninja Theory are a bunch of misogynist bastards, I mean, just look at how women are portrayed on Heavenly Sword and Odyssey, it disgusts me.
#23fifinamboPosted 1/28/2013 1:13:52 PM
megamatics posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
Taizuku posted...
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?

How come J.K. Rowling made the main character male?

How come Hiromu Arakawa made the main character male?

Because that's what people are more receptive to.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#24fifinamboPosted 1/28/2013 1:15:41 PM
bearded_moose posted...
Taizuku posted...
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.

...typical

"it's the fault of men that there aren't more women writers to create fiction with female leads."

here's a thought... go work on your english major. take some writing classes. start a renaissance.

*Ahem*
Just gonna leave this here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/avrildavid/2011/06/06/the-10-most-powerful-women-authors/
---
#25TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 1:16:10 PM
I hate feminism so much. It's THE most backward logic on the planet. "We're tired of sexist men and being discriminated, let's be sexist women and discriminate."

It doesn't matter what you do to a female character, there will always be feminist barking.

Make them the main antagonist - "Oh so all women have to be evil?"
Make them the main protagonist - "This game has violence against women!?"
Make them attractive - "You're exploiting women!"
Make them unattractive - "They're trying to stifle the expressive beauty of women!"
Make them background characters - "Women aren't important enough to be in the main story?"
Make them sidekicks - "She's too dumb to stand alone?"
Make them fall in love - "She's too dependent on men"
Make a game without females - "Sexist"
Make a game with only females - FEMALES DON'T EVEN BUY IT.

Seriously, just shut the **** up.

Make your own entertainment media.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#26TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 1:17:17 PM
fifinambo posted...
megamatics posted...
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?

Rowling made Harry male because she based him on someone else.
---
#27fifinamboPosted 1/28/2013 1:19:10 PM
Taizuku posted...
fifinambo posted...
megamatics posted...
Taizuku posted...

So.

Rowling made Harry male because she based him on someone else.

So what? Inspiration of a character doesn't have to dictate gender.
---
#28QCTeamkillPosted 1/28/2013 1:19:51 PM
Why would I care what a feminist journalist thinks of a video game?

Ain't a feminist journal made by feminists for feminists?
#29TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 1:21:10 PM
fifinambo posted...

So what? Inspiration of a character doesn't have to dictate gender.

No like she literally saw a kid...and was like "He's perfect to base my character on"

She has it written in the first Harry Potter book. He's directly based on a actual person.
---
#30SigmaHacielPosted 1/28/2013 1:27:03 PM
You know, I get feminism. I really do.

What I wish feminists understood is, their stances? Do NOT help them. Being counter-antagonistic towards men is NOT helping them.