DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

#201malicemizerfanPosted 1/28/2013 5:54:09 PM
rockman11_z posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
rockman11_z posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
geez, even when I'm lovestruck I'm not as bad as long.

I just forget how to speak, and lose my normally impeccable equilibrium. its actually pretty funny according to my friends.

This is his style. The "white knight" gimmick.

Girl gets argued even though she is wrong, guy comes in for the rescue and tolerate the mistakes of this woman, girl blushes and shows appreciation. Guy scores and talks to her...

Bam!!! Devil may Love....

that seems waaaaay labor intensive. I just try to ask her if she would like to go get coffee or tea or something.

Then she tells me she has a boyfriend already and that the six weeks of psyching myself up to talk to her were for naught.

It hurts I know. I am sorry to hear that.

As for Long, sometimes he got to do things for love..., :)

Beh, I just hope I meet a nice girl who actually knows how to handle herself. None of that "save the princess" crap. Too much work, and it's never over, every tuesday like clockwork, some new shmuck will bash in the wall, run off with the girl and then I have to go and fight a small war to get a peck on the cheek. then rebuild the wall, and wonder why they never use the door.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#202The_Undying_84Posted 1/28/2013 6:01:09 PM
Those are the least of this game's problems.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#203AtalalamaPosted 1/28/2013 6:21:13 PM
zfair89 posted...
https://twitter.com/femfreq

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/295687763485917184

"It's frustrating that game reviewers will often trash games for minor gameplay issues but let blatant misogyny pass without comment."

"Playing games like DmC is the worst part of my job. Remarkable @NinjaTheory managed to cram so many repugnantly sexist tropes into one game."

Still waiting on that video

After seeing the FemiNazi hate towards this game, I will now go out & buy exactly one copy for myself, my friends, my family, my neighbors, my co-workers, and my President. Each, of course.
#204rockman11_zPosted 1/28/2013 6:27:01 PM
Atalalama posted...
zfair89 posted...
https://twitter.com/femfreq

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/295687763485917184

"It's frustrating that game reviewers will often trash games for minor gameplay issues but let blatant misogyny pass without comment."

"Playing games like DmC is the worst part of my job. Remarkable @NinjaTheory managed to cram so many repugnantly sexist tropes into one game."

Still waiting on that video

After seeing the FemiNazi hate towards this game, I will now go out & buy exactly one copy for myself, my friends, my family, my neighbors, my co-workers, and my President. Each, of course.

:)
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#205thanthenPosted 1/28/2013 6:33:48 PM(edited)
Well that's it, I tried hard to hate this game, but not anymore. Between feminists and lameo donte, I'll take the lesser evil.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#206rockman11_zPosted 1/28/2013 6:59:25 PM
thanthen posted...
Well that's it, I tried hard to hate this game, but not anymore. Between feminists and lameo donte, I'll take the lesser evil.

:)
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#207dohdoughPosted 1/28/2013 7:18:19 PM
I love how the characterization of all female relationships, and women, by proxy, as being prostitutes doesn't bat an eyelash.

Nothing gets me lol-ing like a thread filled with using misogyny to argue against feminism. Now who can point me in the direction of getting this thread deleted?
#208Project5BossPosted 1/28/2013 7:20:51 PM
dohdough posted...
I love how the characterization of all female relationships, and women, by proxy, as being prostitutes doesn't bat an eyelash.

Nothing gets me lol-ing like a thread filled with using misogyny to argue against feminism. Now who can point me in the direction of getting this thread deleted?

Because it's true. Deal with it.
#209Ampharos64Posted 1/28/2013 7:26:10 PM
Detha posted...
feminists . . .

I want to respect them, but many times I read or hear a feminist argument, it seems a bit too extrapolated.

I know, I hope you are able to sift through and just accept the positive aspects, there's a lot of good feminist criticism as well as (what I would see as) a misapplication of the ideology. I do consider myself a feminist, and think it's important to be aware of the representations of women in the media. Well, aside from bigger issues, as long as I still get 'lol girls don't play games' comments, or accused of just seeking attention for happening to mention my gender (which I avoid doing unless it's relevant to the topic in hand), it's hard for me not to see feminism as necessary. XD

I'm waiting on the video series too, I want to see how it turns out and respond to it. I'm concerned they might not possess a sufficiently broad a view of the medium, even with the research being carried out. While there are of course issues, I think as a medium games actually have a lot of positive portrayals of women.
#210WolfeyesVIIIPosted 1/28/2013 8:28:08 PM(edited)
I'm just going to drop this post in the feminist debate the sums up my feelings as a female gamer: http://lillianjessica.tumblr.com/post/37040110340

Woman that TC linked? Not what I would consider feminist, or at least feminism as it usually is and is meant to represent.
---
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Persona 2: EP (PSX)