DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

#41Rising_shadowPosted 1/28/2013 1:56:07 PM
However, they are not lies. Do you have any idea how tiresome it is for us girls to watch, say, Batman do all the hero thing, stand tall and proud and fearsome, while Catwoman is more often than not portrayed on her kness and all sexy like?

Do you have any idea how tiresome it is to see half naked musclebound juggernauts in every comic book?
Catwoman is actually a pretty decent female superhero who typically shares the spotlight with Batman when they show up together. She's not as strong or important in the universe but in her titles, even if the covers are terrible, she's still a strong character. Also, some of us do like strong women. Even if some outfits are ridiculous, something like a boob window is no different from the countless shirtless heros everywhere. Nobody complains about those though, the double standards just say muscular men are a male power fantasy and so are women in comics.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#42melainevalentPosted 1/28/2013 1:57:59 PM
megamatics posted...

It's hurtful and Offensive...But it's true.
If You believe that women feel so excluded and are an untapped audience then by all means make the material to show the claim to be true. You don't get to decide what another individual writes or does, So either stop belly aching or get to work on your "Un Tapped Market" you so think is being under represented.

It isn't true.
Did you like DmC?

I will assume you didn't enjoy the idea of this reboot. I will assume you didn't enjoy this game and Dante didn't feel like Dante to you.

''. You don't get to decide what another individual writes or does, So either stop belly aching or get to work on your "Un Tapped Market" you so think is being under represented''

See how extremely unhelpful that is?

Now I will assume you enjoyed this game, but you did not enjoy the portrayl of your favorite character in a movie.

'. You don't get to decide what another individual writes or does, So either stop belly aching or get to work on your "Un Tapped Market" you so think is being under represented'

So, are you going to stop your life to become a director? Are you going to quit your job to learn how to make games?

I assume you won't.

So stop using that as an excuse to tell women who complain about the tropes on games to shut up. You are being hurtful, sexist and malicious in a way that you did not tell the guys who have not enjoyed this game that:

'. You don't get to decide what another individual writes or does, So either stop belly aching or get to work on your "Un Tapped Market" you so think is being under represented'
#43TaizukuPosted 1/28/2013 2:03:31 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
However, they are not lies. Do you have any idea how tiresome it is for us girls to watch, say, Batman do all the hero thing, stand tall and proud and fearsome, while Catwoman is more often than not portrayed on her kness and all sexy like?

Do you have any idea how tiresome it is to see half naked musclebound juggernauts in every comic book?
Catwoman is actually a pretty decent female superhero who typically shares the spotlight with Batman when they show up together. She's not as strong or important in the universe but in her titles, even if the covers are terrible, she's still a strong character. Also, some of us do like strong women. Even if some outfits are ridiculous, something like a boob window is no different from the countless shirtless heros everywhere. Nobody complains about those though, the double standards just say muscular men are a male power fantasy and so are women in comics.

No one remembers Batwoman?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#44Tales_of_MasterPosted 1/28/2013 2:06:18 PM
If You believe that women feel so excluded and are an untapped audience then by all means make the material to show the claim to be true. You don't get to decide what another individual writes or does, So either stop belly aching or get to work on your "Un Tapped Market" you so think is being under represented.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly want to make that joke, but I think it would be inappropriate xc
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV board
Waiting for: MGSR, Soul Hackers, JJBA All-Star Battle, Tales of Hearts R, SMTIV, Ace Attorney 5.
#45melainevalentPosted 1/28/2013 2:07:24 PM
Rising_shadow posted...

You do not know me, please don't assume things of me. I have complained about the double standards and the oversexualization of males through all my life as a feminist. I'm for both sides, I do not believe women and men need to rule over one another, I believe in equality. No women is inferior to men and no men is inferior to women. We're all the same.

The media has turned and dictated all the rules. What you see in a comic book is what society wants you to be like, to think it's hot. Both men and women get sexualized to a ridiculous amount.

However, while Selina has an awesome personality and has proven many times in the comics that she belives in feminism as well, the way she's constantly drawn by male artists is the problem. Why do I get a booty shot of her every turn of page? Why does Batman stand tall, proud and hero like while Selina needs to be on the floor, constantly?

That's what I'm saying.

It is fairly ridisculous that all men from DC comics, for example, are muscled guys with blue wings and perfect hair and the girls are always on their knees or wearing a strap0 as a bra. That's why I think men and women should stop arguing. We should start respecting one another without falling for the crap society's trying to sell us.

Men cry, men are sensitive, men are polite, men are not stupid until they're 30 and so on. But there are stereotypes out there that say otherwise. And we need to fight them as well as we need to fight the ones women go through.

Be aware.

Be aware that men aren't obliged to be sex gods or muscular or super rich.
Be aware that a piece of clothing does not define your personality.
Be aware that a woman doesn't want to be harassed or get cat called on the street.
Be aware that gender wars ned to be a thing of the past and be aware that the only way to do so, is if we start respecting each other instead of feeling threatned. I am not threatned by men or women. I know myself. I know we should be fighting for equality.
#46DethaPosted 1/28/2013 2:09:37 PM(edited)
Wouldn't Catwoman go along the same lines as Bayonetta?

Bayo, and Lara Croft are made by men to be "hot" and "kick ass." Which is cool, because male protagonists are almost always "hot" and "kick ass." Beauty is what people typically want in a protagonist, time and experience tells us. What quantifies being a "sexual object"? Does being "hot" have to be the only thing about their character? What makes Bayonetta fine and Catwoman not?

Sorry if this set of questions is a bit clumsy, but the logic is escaping me.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#47StrawHatLustigPosted 1/28/2013 2:07:50 PM
Taizuku posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Batwoman, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman have some of the best series going on right now in the DC Universe. Also there is a new X-men comic where the whole team are women. Harley Quinn even heads a group in Suicide Squad.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, DMC: Devil May Cry, The Legend of Dragoon
#48melainevalentPosted 1/28/2013 2:08:40 PM
Taizuku posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

She is, indeed, a strong female character with an even greater personality. She stands tall and proud, but the fact she's one of a kind in a pool of stereotypes doesn't really help anyone. It's a start though.
#49SlaveBladePosted 1/28/2013 2:11:14 PM
Taizuku posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

SHES CRIPPLED NOW, SEXISM.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#50megamaticsPosted 1/28/2013 2:11:50 PM
melainevalent posted...
megamatics posted...

It isn't true.
Did you like DmC?

I will assume you didn't enjoy the idea of this reboot. I will assume you didn't enjoy this game and Dante didn't feel like Dante to you.

''. You don't get to decide what another individual writes or does, So either stop belly aching or get to work on your "Un Tapped Market" you so think is being under represented''

See how extremely unhelpful that is?

Now I will assume you enjoyed this game, but you did not enjoy the portrayl of your favorite character in a movie.

So, are you going to stop your life to become a director? Are you going to quit your job to learn how to make games?

I assume you won't.

So stop using that as an excuse to tell women who complain about the tropes on games to shut up. You are being hurtful, sexist and malicious in a way that you did not tell the guys who have not enjoyed this game that:

The difference in what you're trying to say is that there is proof of an un-tapped market. Majority of people who own DMC4 as well as previous DMC games don't seem to be rushing out to buy this game. They're possibly waiting for something to scratch that devil may cry itch. While it remains to be seen just how many female gamers aren't buying the games and other media as expressed from a Vocal Minority who don't ever prove these claims.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics