DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

#61Rising_shadowPosted 1/28/2013 2:29:01 PM
And it's horible because even among the artists, this booty shots with Nightwing have become some sort of joke. The same way the booty shots of Catwoman have become the 'norm'.

I don't mind an occasional fanservice shot so long as they're not on every page or every two pages. Once or twice per issue, that's okay if it's just angle shots.

I think fanservice makes things worse most of the time.

If the comic goes out its way to purposefully be fanservice, yes. If it's an angle shot in a corner, well, it's just one. Keep it like that and we're alright.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#62DethaPosted 1/28/2013 2:35:59 PM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
Detha posted...
It's just an extension of the argument "if you don't like it then you do better". It's a fallacy.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LetsSeeYouDoBetter

Except it's not "if you don't like it then you do it better" it's more like "if you don't like it do something...anything...please?"

If you can't honestly see how you're just demanding the same thing in a different way, then you're beyond gone. There are plenty of highly rated novels and movies that work on a feminist level. It's the overall state of things that's being criticized: the status quo. Activist groups do their thing, but things are only slowly getting better. To criticize that state of things, saying that things should be get better than they are, only to get as a reply, "well, I don't know, do something about it," is exactly the same thing as I said.

Complain about taxes. "Oh, I don't know, do somethin' about it." Complain about war. "Oh, I don't know, do somethin' about it." "Don't like America? Move to Russia."

It's really stupid and declines acknowledgement that there is, indeed, a problem. It places blame on the person acknowledging the problem in the first place.

It's a ****ing trash response you gave was all.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#63DethaPosted 1/28/2013 2:47:55 PM(edited)
Civil equality is a hypocrisy of the modern world and a no-brainer. It's been absolutely ridiculous getting things the way they are today. Race and gender equality, things that should have been no-brainers, took lots of blood, lots of years, and lots of protesting through direct or artistic means. Just because things have simmered down to a "cooler" level doesn't mean that more can't be done. To throw accusations of blame in the face of people acknowledging inequality it is just ****ed up. Civil equality is what is right, and it shouldn't have to be strenuously fought for.
---
#64melainevalentPosted 1/28/2013 2:46:45 PM
megamatics posted...

But...why do we need proof? That alone is a sexist thought.

'You women don't have any proof, so shut up and go do something better if you don't like!'

Do you have any proof that the boys aren't buying this because of the tropes and the portrayal of women in these games?

No.

It's just a minority claiming they play the game for the story, which show us nothing.

See?

Besides, how will I know that I hate something if I don't try it first? I'm 100% against the idea of trashing a game, book, tc show, movie without having seen/played it first.

I won't let the media influence my decision let alone someone else. If eight thousand people don't like something, you have to ask yourself: 'Why' instead of accepting their opinion.

90% or so of the population belives in God. I don't.

Can you prove God's existence?
Can I prove he doesn't exist?
Should I go out and make a new religion because I'm the minority here who can't prove anything?

No. Who's wrong?
Who's right?

Why do people believe in God anyway?

Since I don't believe in God, am I obliged to accept the shoving of religion down our throats every five minutes on TV? And if I don't want to hear it, should I go out, become a producer out of nowhere and have more TV shows that are religion free?

I'm going by your logic here.

So see, you're saying we should sit and accept or otherwise go and make something we will all enjoy. That's an unhelpful and horrible thing to say.

You want numbers, is that it? So if ten women bought the game and felt offended, that doesn't mean anything?

Your logic IS flawed.

I have been lurking through these boards for a long time, and I have NEVER seen you tell the haters of DmC to just shut their mouths and go do something better.

The minute 'feminism' and 'complaints' got into the same sentence, you basically said women should stop complaining and go make their own enterteinment.

Look how horrible and problematic that is.

And the fact that women need to go out and make their own instead of being able to enjoy what's on TV, should tell you something.
#65melainevalentPosted 1/28/2013 2:47:23 PM
Detha posted...
Civil equality is a hypocrisy of the modern world and a no-brainer. It's been absolutely ridiculous getting things the way they are today. Race and gender equality, things that should have been no-brainers, took lots of blood, lots of years, and lots of protesting through direct or artistic means. Just because things have simmered down to a "cooler" level doesn't mean that more can't be done. To throw accusations of inequality in the face of people acknowledging it is just ****ed up. Civil equality is what is right, and it shouldn't have to be strenuously fought for.
#66Rising_shadowPosted 1/28/2013 2:51:23 PM
Honestly, a lot of people on all sides just complain and don't try to do anything except that. However, Comics and the like are very boys club type of businesses, which partly explains why so few women creators exist on that end. The other is that it's a crap business for everyone trying to create anything outside the institution. That's why indie titles are so important and why things like Hellblazer dying is adding more nails to the coffin.
The let's see you do better argument fails because most people will never be in a position to do so. You can't be an artist if you can't draw but you can still point out Rob Liefeld is a hack. A universal truth.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#67malicemizerfanPosted 1/28/2013 2:57:56 PM(edited)
Detha posted...
Civil equality is a hypocrisy of the modern world and a no-brainer. It's been absolutely ridiculous getting things the way they are today. Race and gender equality, things that should have been no-brainers, took lots of blood, lots of years, and lots of protesting through direct or artistic means. Just because things have simmered down to a "cooler" level doesn't mean that more can't be done. To throw accusations of blame in the face of people acknowledging inequality it is just ****ed up. Civil equality is what is right, and it shouldn't have to be strenuously fought for.

you know why blood, sweat and tears had to be spilled? Because it's human nature. No one wants to be equal, everyone wants to be better than the next person. Anyone who claims to only want equality is just trying to get themselves to be more "equal" than the person they argue against, to make themselves look better than the competition.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#68DethaPosted 1/28/2013 2:58:22 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
Detha posted...

you know why blood, sweat and tears had to be spilled? Because it's human nature. No one wants to be equal, everyone wants to be better than the next person. Anyone who claims to only want equality is just trying to get themselves to be more "equal" than the person they argue against, to make themselves look better than he competition.

And demons are in every partofsociety in everypartoftheworld . . .
---
#69megamaticsPosted 1/28/2013 3:00:10 PM
melainevalent posted...
megamatics posted...

But...why do we need proof? That alone is a sexist thought.

'You women don't have any proof, so shut up and go do something better if you don't like!'

Do you have any proof that the boys aren't buying this because of the tropes and the portrayal of women in these games?

No.

It's just a minority claiming they play the game for the story, which show us nothing.

See?

Besides, how will I know that I hate something if I don't try it first? I'm 100% against the idea of trashing a game, book, tc show, movie without having seen/played it first.

I won't let the media influence my decision let alone someone else. If eight thousand people don't like something, you have to ask yourself: 'Why' instead of accepting their opinion.

90% or so of the population belives in God. I don't.Not the same case

The Debate on weather there is a god or not is in the sanctums of Facts vs Opinions and that burden is entirely based on proof that has yet to be found

Can you prove God's existence?
Can I prove he doesn't exist?
Should I go out and make a new religion because I'm the minority here who can't prove anything?

No. Who's wrong?
Who's right?

Why do people believe in God anyway?

Since I don't believe in God, am I obliged to accept the shoving of religion down our throats every five minutes on TV? And if I don't want to hear it, should I go out, become a producer out of nowhere and have more TV shows that are religion free?

I'm going by your logic here. You aren't, you continually bring up things that don't fit in the same sanctums as the discussion of Entertainment media vs opinion.

So see, you're saying we should sit and accept or otherwise go and make something we will all enjoy. That's an unhelpful and horrible thing to say.

You want numbers, is that it? So if ten women bought the game and felt offended, that doesn't mean anything?

Your logic IS flawed. Just because you say it is doesn't make it true

I have been lurking through these boards for a long time, and I have NEVER seen you tell the haters of DmC to just shut their mouths and go do something better.

The minute 'feminism' and 'complaints' got into the same sentence, you basically said women should stop complaining and go make their own enterteinment. I did because you don't bring up any concrete evidence to show it is an actual problem many people are facing over a very vocal minority who could simply move on to something else

Look how horrible and problematic that is.

And the fact that women need to go out and make their own instead of being able to enjoy what's on TV, should tell you something. I built my own computer after the dell I have didn't give me what I wanted, neither did any other brand I was looking at

---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#70malicemizerfanPosted 1/28/2013 3:02:06 PM
Detha posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
Detha posted...

you know why blood, sweat and tears had to be spilled? Because it's human nature. No one wants to be equal, everyone wants to be better than the next person. Anyone who claims to only want equality is just trying to get themselves to be more "equal" than the person they argue against, to make themselves look better than he competition.

And demons are in every partofsociety in everypartoftheworld . . .

So, I have a different view on human nature(one that has been proven right in my experience many, many times.) and I'm suddenly a demon?
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.