Dude analyzes DmC code.

#61produnerPosted 1/29/2013 2:53:35 AM
The frame rate problems are present because of the decisions of making dynamic environment, heavy animations, change in platforms ,elevation and the number of items/enemies.
#62Shadow ReaverPosted 1/29/2013 3:17:55 AM
John_Candy45 posted...
@produner Huh, I didn't see those in the code, but maybe it's in the files, i don't know, I'll have to start my adventure through thousands of Unreal Engine files.

i forgot to mention there's something about a upgrade point reward for DLC.

"[DevilGame.DVGamerProfile]
m_Config_NumBonusUpgradePointsFromDLC = 3"

i can only assume what it does, Anyone know for sure?

""m_VergilRetriggerRangeTime=1.0"" could refer to Vergil activating DT within a range of the player or something.

the point thing could be part of the gamestop pre-order as you got the Samurai pack and 3 upgrade souls. or something else they have not yet released.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura
#63gokuKOGPosted 1/29/2013 3:59:53 AM
Dude analyzes DmC code while i analyzed Sony strategies ages ago.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#64ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/29/2013 4:04:28 AM
Rezzman posted...

One interesting thing to note is how Ninja Theory apparently copy/pasted whole sections of code from Enslaved, going so far as to leave bits of the code referring to the character "Monkey" instead of Dante. (Skip to 8:30)

So that's why the game feels sluggish and has a pretty big input delay.
#65Xtreme65Posted 1/29/2013 4:11:59 AM
Weren't there RE4 names in DMC1's code? Meh could be wrong.

Does this really matter? I mean sure the DLC thing is worth getting mad at but who cares if they used an older code and who cares that they forgot to change some names. Never once in my playing of DmC did I see anything like Enslaved. It's not like Kat called Dante Monkey or anything. Seriously this isn't a big deal at all and if this bothers you than you really need to stop playing video games cause this happens all the time.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#66Windmaster715Posted 1/29/2013 5:35:44 AM
Ghidoran posted...
Rezzman posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
Rezzman posted...
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ViWST9RbIE

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMb-Flz_fw

Pretty interesting stuff. Haven't watched the whole thing yet.

One interesting thing to note is how Ninja Theory apparently copy/pasted whole sections of code from Enslaved, going so far as to leave bits of the code referring to the character "Monkey" instead of Dante. (Skip to 8:30)

lots of company do that. it's a lot easier/quicker/cheaper than to write it all over again.

True. I'd be more surprised to find a company that doesn't reuse code. However, not cleaning it up is pretty sloppy.

Is it really? I mean, does it hurt the game at all?

From a coding perspective, not organizing and naming it well is pretty sloppy but as long as it works, it works. Just saying from a coding perspective
---
Ignore my typos
#67DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/29/2013 5:55:09 AM
The thing about coding though, is that if the people who were coding understand what's going on, then that's all that matters. When developing a game, if there's something you can do to make the job easier, that is what you do. There's no point in going through extra work to rebuild something you've already done. That's just wasted time and a company isn't going to pay you to waste time.
If reasonable shortcuts can be done, so be it. It doesn't effect the game experience in any way. There weren't assets from Enslaved randomly showing up out of nowhere. The programers understood the coding. That's their job.
Let alone the fact that games put minor files of DLC that isn't completed into game codes all the time now. If the DLC doesn't have something to help it fit into place, implementing it makes it incredibly hard. That's why games that weren't intended to have DLC that end up getting DLC end up either having really large DLC files or simply end up getting re-released with the game cause they couldn't implement the DLC the way it should be (Dragon's Dogma). I'd have been surprised if the game didn't have Vergil's Downfall files.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#68Windmaster715Posted 1/29/2013 6:04:12 AM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
The thing about coding though, is that if the people who were coding understand what's going on, then that's all that matters. When developing a game, if there's something you can do to make the job easier, that is what you do. There's no point in going through extra work to rebuild something you've already done. That's just wasted time and a company isn't going to pay you to waste time.
If reasonable shortcuts can be done, so be it. It doesn't effect the game experience in any way. There weren't assets from Enslaved randomly showing up out of nowhere. The programers understood the coding. That's their job.
Let alone the fact that games put minor files of DLC that isn't completed into game codes all the time now. If the DLC doesn't have something to help it fit into place, implementing it makes it incredibly hard. That's why games that weren't intended to have DLC that end up getting DLC end up either having really large DLC files or simply end up getting re-released with the game cause they couldn't implement the DLC the way it should be (Dragon's Dogma). I'd have been surprised if the game didn't have Vergil's Downfall files.

Of course that is what you do, though from the code itself, having thing with names not relevant to the project it not good in itself. Still there is no real harm done aside unless someone out of the loop or someone forgets what something like "monkey" refers to in DmC. As a coder you should always name things relevant regardless if it is code or not. It is just a name reference and eays to change but can easily confuse someone who is looking for a piece of code to fix or change and can't find the right one because they are looking for Vorgel and have to look for Monkey instead. All I am saying

and On disk DLC reference isn't the problem. It is when someone can access it and play it without downloading or something. Like many DLc you just download a 3 megabyte unlock code to be able to access it. That is locking content out which is on the disc you bought. Which had been CapCom's trend for a long while. People also don't like DLC which is crucial to the game or story. I know some who do not like Vergil's downfall because it is basically a sequel part of the story about Virgil. Now if you don't care bout the story then no big deal but still. It is not like they just now started on it. They already had it done.

Personally DLC should stay to unecessary and non-crucial content. just my personal opinion on DLC
---
Ignore my typos
#69stevenbobPosted 1/29/2013 6:16:52 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Weren't there RE4 names in DMC1's code? Meh could be wrong.

Does this really matter? I mean sure the DLC thing is worth getting mad at but who cares if they used an older code and who cares that they forgot to change some names. Never once in my playing of DmC did I see anything like Enslaved. It's not like Kat called Dante Monkey or anything. Seriously this isn't a big deal at all and if this bothers you than you really need to stop playing video games cause this happens all the time.

no they were not in DMC code they were the original names of the characters when it was called resident evil are

what do you mean files have no effect on the va or most of the text this is just lazy programming which all devs do so I am not bein mean to NT this time
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#70Sony_7Posted 1/29/2013 6:18:08 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Rezzman posted...

So that's why the game feels sluggish and has a pretty big input delay.

This game has very little input delay and even if it did, this wouldn't be why.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849