Dude analyzes DmC code.

#71DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/29/2013 6:26:55 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
The thing about coding though, is that if the people who were coding understand what's going on, then that's all that matters. When developing a game, if there's something you can do to make the job easier, that is what you do. There's no point in going through extra work to rebuild something you've already done. That's just wasted time and a company isn't going to pay you to waste time.
If reasonable shortcuts can be done, so be it. It doesn't effect the game experience in any way. There weren't assets from Enslaved randomly showing up out of nowhere. The programers understood the coding. That's their job.
Let alone the fact that games put minor files of DLC that isn't completed into game codes all the time now. If the DLC doesn't have something to help it fit into place, implementing it makes it incredibly hard. That's why games that weren't intended to have DLC that end up getting DLC end up either having really large DLC files or simply end up getting re-released with the game cause they couldn't implement the DLC the way it should be (Dragon's Dogma). I'd have been surprised if the game didn't have Vergil's Downfall files.

Of course that is what you do, though from the code itself, having thing with names not relevant to the project it not good in itself. Still there is no real harm done aside unless someone out of the loop or someone forgets what something like "monkey" refers to in DmC. As a coder you should always name things relevant regardless if it is code or not. It is just a name reference and eays to change but can easily confuse someone who is looking for a piece of code to fix or change and can't find the right one because they are looking for Vorgel and have to look for Monkey instead. All I am saying

and On disk DLC reference isn't the problem. It is when someone can access it and play it without downloading or something. Like many DLc you just download a 3 megabyte unlock code to be able to access it. That is locking content out which is on the disc you bought. Which had been CapCom's trend for a long while. People also don't like DLC which is crucial to the game or story. I know some who do not like Vergil's downfall because it is basically a sequel part of the story about Virgil. Now if you don't care bout the story then no big deal but still. It is not like they just now started on it. They already had it done.

Personally DLC should stay to unecessary and non-crucial content. just my personal opinion on DLC

In regards to the programming thing, I understand that and agree with you, but the thing is, if everyone understands what's going on, everything's fine. Since it appears that the developing team understood the circumstances, I don't think it's a big deal.

About the DLC issue, there's nothing to show that the DLC is completely in the game. Yes, there are files related, but if the DLC had been completely on the disc, we would have known by now. The files shown don't give or show anything concrete and from what you can see, it seems more like comfort files of planned DLC over on-disk DLC.
I understand the DLC issue, but the on-disk DLC thing isn't the issue here. People found Shuma and Jill on-disk within the first 2 to 3 days of MvC3 and even then, they weren't completed. Shuma caused crashing and Jill didn't have damage scaling, among a few other things (but she was more or less playable, I'll give you that).
SFxT on the other hand....
But that aside, there's nothing concrete that shows that the entirety of VD's (hehe) is on-disk. Simply seems like comfort files.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#72vgman94Posted 1/29/2013 6:32:50 AM
LOL. I didn't know produner was so desperate to "prove" this game wrong.

As for the DLC thing from windmaster, my personal view is that story-DLC that adds to the experience and gives you either new moves or something, are more welcome than playing for useless crap like non-crucial costumes or added weapons which really don't give you anything new at all. At least with Gameplay/Story DLC, you get new levels, sometimes moves and music, many times new bosses and the story is expanded (and usually replayable). I prefer that over useless costumes which IMO should never be DLC. That's my 2 cents.
#73produnerPosted 1/29/2013 8:38:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#74produnerPosted 1/29/2013 8:40:40 AM
Sony_7 posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Rezzman posted...

One interesting thing to note is how Ninja Theory apparently copy/pasted whole sections of code from Enslaved, going so far as to leave bits of the code referring to the character "Monkey" instead of Dante. (Skip to 8:30)

So that's why the game feels sluggish and has a pretty big input delay.

This game has very little input delay and even if it did, this wouldn't be why.

The game has double the input delay that fighting games has; 30+ms. It is because of the low fps,environment and items on the screen, DmC is full of them and has dynamic environment.
#75John_Candy45Posted 1/29/2013 9:09:23 AM
I've been casually looking, In the Character files *Bosses, Vergil, Dante, ect* is something called "m_ManualLockOnTargetableComponent0.DVTargetableComponent_ManualLockOn" Just thought it would be interesting cause of the name.

As for DLC on disc, I haven't found where the Maps are located yet so i can't tell you, but what i can is that a playable vergil is in there either in part or in full as there is a file for upgradecomponent for both vergil and dante among some other things, though vergil can't really be helped, Him being in the game already means you may as well do the rest along with it all you then would need to add is audio files and map files. i can't remember if i said this already, But some of vergil is in Dante's chunk of code in the files i went through on video *In a part i haven't uploaded yet i think* So i don't know if that means a model swap or what, thought i'd add it anyway.
#76Shadow ReaverPosted 1/29/2013 12:20:00 PM
vgman94 posted...

As for the DLC thing from windmaster, my personal view is that story-DLC that adds to the experience and gives you either new moves or something, are more welcome than playing for useless crap like non-crucial costumes or added weapons which really don't give you anything new at all. At least with Gameplay/Story DLC, you get new levels, sometimes moves and music, many times new bosses and the story is expanded (and usually replayable). I prefer that over useless costumes which IMO should never be DLC. That's my 2 cents.

i agree for the most part i think costumes should always be in-game unlockables not "dlc". OR do like they did with Split/Second you can unlock everything in-game or you could "buy" the time savers pack which unlocks all the cars and tracks right away.

Also i dont have a problem with them using other code to make it easier but they at least could have changed the names in-codeing.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura
#77produnerPosted 1/29/2013 12:27:30 PM
Shadow Reaver posted...
vgman94 posted...

i agree for the most part i think costumes should always be in-game unlockables not "dlc". OR do like they did with Split/Second you can unlock everything in-game or you could "buy" the time savers pack which unlocks all the cars and tracks right away.

Also i dont have a problem with them using other code to make it easier but they at least could have changed the names in-codeing.

They recycled codes from a sub-par game and they used a commercial game engine to top that. Instead of dedicating something for a solid gameplay like MT framework we get this crap, full of glitches and low performance. They could have started from scratch , tweaked the coding and AI, and focused on patching the problems and polishing the game instead of day 1 DLC and on-disk codes for adding DLC.
#78Frost_LASERPosted 1/29/2013 12:29:27 PM
Probably made the DLC then tried to take traces of it out of the game later.
#79DJ_0000Posted 1/29/2013 12:31:18 PM
Frost_LASER posted...

No...just....just no. There is far too much paranoia amongst gamers these days.
#80produnerPosted 1/29/2013 12:32:56 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
Frost_LASER posted...

No...just....just no. There is far too much paranoia amongst gamers these days.

The vergil codes in the game say otherwise.