I never played DMC2

#1devak108Posted 1/28/2013 9:46:28 PM
It's the only one of the real series I never played. I just always read it was so bad. Am I missing out on anything? I recently purchased that HD collection so I have it now. Can anyone explain why it was so bad and/or if it is worth playing?

Thanks.
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4#
#2GoreGrossPosted 1/28/2013 9:49:01 PM
It's the only one of the real series I never played. I just always read it was so bad. Am I missing out on anything? I recently purchased that HD collection so I have it now. Can anyone explain why it was so bad and/or if it is worth playing?

Thanks.

You have the HD collection. Play it for yourself. Not everyone hates it. It's just inferior, like DmC.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#3SilentS89Posted 1/28/2013 9:49:49 PM
The difference is that DMC2 doesn't threaten to overwrite the franchise with it's mediocrity.
#4MrBuggzPosted 1/28/2013 9:52:49 PM
In all honesty it was just too damn easy! You could blast through that game with ebony & ivory without breaking a sweat. In every other game the guns rare just the pre to interrupt enemies but it gave you an easy button in 2.

It was very bland and not very exciting. Probably good to play through though just to check out. It did five us twosome time and rainstorm though so it at least did that lol
---
I game to have fun, not to change the world.
#5dillpickle69Posted 1/28/2013 10:04:48 PM
1. WAY to easy for a DMC game

2. Plot was seemingly thought up in 15 minutes (not because it was jumbled up, just really short and monotone)

3. Dante is so quiet and emotionless, you would think he ate a bad pizza

Those are the reasons people hate it. I personally still liked it, just not nearly as mucg as all the others.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg