so who claimed that Capcom spent a lot of money marketing DmC?

#11Prototype00Posted 1/29/2013 8:36:23 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
That's what they get for willingly pissing off the majority of it's long time fans. The bad sales are a good thing for antis though, because now that Capcom knows they aren't making any money off of this series, they are most likely going to make a DMC5 next, because there's no way they're going to shelf one of their top-selling franchises.

Worst case scenario, Capcom will end up going under because of their games no longer selling, due to making games they know their fans don't want. It would be the definition of bitter irony if one of the most loved companies in the 90's that became one of the biggest gaming companies, then became one of the greediest and stopped making money indirectly because all they were after was a profit.

You don't know capcom. They see a franchise not doing well, they ax it.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/30931vm.jpg
#12_Uwye_Posted 1/29/2013 8:42:20 AM
Detha posted...
I think Capcom actually said it didn't spend as much as one would think marketing DmC. I forget where I read that though.

They said the marketing budget wasn't bigger than DMC4's. Personally I'm dubious, DmC even had adevrtising before movies.
#13darkdragon_9600Posted 1/29/2013 8:43:12 AM
Detha posted...
I think Capcom actually said it didn't spend as much as one would think marketing DmC. I forget where I read that though.

They said the marketing budget wasn't bigger than DMC4's. Personally I'm dubious, DmC even had adevrtising before movies.

This.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#14EmpirenXDPosted 1/29/2013 11:59:52 AM
caffiend7 posted...
Asura's Wrath was good but most people never heard of it and the DLC ending

Only good game I've played by them since.......RE5?
#15Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/29/2013 12:14:54 PM
I haven't seen an ad one for DmC...So I don't know where or what they're advertising on...CB radio? local UHF stations?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#16dillpickle69Posted 1/29/2013 1:25:12 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
I haven't seen an ad one for DmC...So I don't know where or what they're advertising on...CB radio? local UHF stations?

That's true, besides youtube I haven't seen a single DmC trailer.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#17Merc123Posted 1/29/2013 1:26:51 PM
I thought Asura's Wrath was very cool. Sure it was a quick time heavy game, but it was so badass. The DLC ending did kind of hurt them, but i would much rather get a DLC ending, than keep the cliffhanger ending and hope for a sequel we never would have gotten.

Really the only Capcom property i am happy with right now is Dead Rising. Now just gotta wait until they screw that franchise up, or reboot and kill it. Actually right now would be perfect for Capcom to reboot, just like DMC4 they have a ton of loose ends in Dead Rising, Capcom can just forget about those, piss off fans and reboot.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.