What are Japanese publishers doing wrong?

#1docman864Posted 1/28/2013 9:38:07 PM
seriously, what are they thinking? the only thing they are good at doing is pissing off their fans. Why? for casuals?
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#2SilentS89Posted 1/28/2013 9:39:27 PM
I don't know man, in my outsider amateur view they lost confidence in themselves.

Japanese games are unsellable gotta westernize right?
#3megaultrarice34Posted 1/28/2013 9:40:47 PM
Atlus
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#4Frost_LASERPosted 1/28/2013 9:41:35 PM
All trying to be the next call of duty.
#5docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:43:56 PM
they are going nowhere with this. In a way, moving too fast with the Westernization thing. Worry about Capcom Vancouver first.
---
#6Frost_LASERPosted 1/28/2013 9:50:53 PM
docman864 posted...
they are going nowhere with this. In a way, moving too fast with the Westernization thing. Worry about Capcom Vancouver first.

You were on the Lost Planet boards weren't you?

The problem isn't only the westernization though, it's giving games to subpar developers. I mean both DMC and Lost Planet went from MT Framework (Capcoms in house engine) to the unreal engine. Ninja theory and Spark unlimited also arent the best devs out there by a long shot either. Not only is it westernization that's affecting it but giving series reboots that they don't need.
#7docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:55:55 PM
Frost_LASER posted...
docman864 posted...

You were on the Lost Planet boards weren't you?

The problem isn't only the westernization though, it's giving games to subpar developers. I mean both DMC and Lost Planet went from MT Framework (Capcoms in house engine) to the unreal engine. Ninja theory and Spark unlimited also arent the best devs out there by a long shot either. Not only is it westernization that's affecting it but giving series reboots that they don't need.

yup I was on LP board and yes, you are right!
---
#8RatedStingerPosted 1/28/2013 10:24:07 PM
Frost_LASER posted...
All trying to be the next call of duty.

Lol and all the CoD fans will just buy MW4 instead.
---
TAKA: WE ARE EEEEEVILLLL!!!!!!!!!!!
Funaki: INDEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#9huckbeinePosted 1/28/2013 10:24:56 PM
not going to lie here, its because a lot of Japanese companies tried to outsource their games to 4th rate companies who are cheap. The company my friend worked for, had done some parts for AAA games, like Uncharted, were passed in favor to 4th rate companies to reboot a game.

Namco and other japanese probably thought that outsourcing it to a western company will automatically better, the low price is also the bonus.

But Capcom is the worst offender here, like hiring grin and NT. Ninja Theory is cheap. and capcom likes cheap companies