Was this game written by a junior college 99 percenter idelogue? (Spoilers?)

#1CronoDynePosted 1/29/2013 12:38:54 AM
You've got the eeevil corporate banker, obviously trying to take over the world with his eeevil capitalist greed and eeevil money, alongside the eeevil Bill O'Reilly and his eeevil religion and his eeevil Faux News platform to spread his veiled eeevil message.. I'm surprised there wasn't some rich and eeevil baby eating, woman beating politician named Cliff Tomney.

The transparency and over exaggerated generalizing is quite nauseating.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#2syctheweilderPosted 1/29/2013 12:47:21 AM
There's no baby eating, but there is fetus shooting. That count?
#3SlaveBladePosted 1/29/2013 12:47:45 AM
And then i played DMC3 and 4 and i'm all like "These games are trying way too hard"

How nauseating.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#4Moreina_sadiPosted 1/29/2013 12:53:47 AM
Subtly is not something Devil May Cry has been exactly known for.
---
"My parents work really hard and are unhappy. I can be unhappy hardly working at all." -Jay Tyler- Wonderfalls
#5KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/29/2013 12:54:25 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
And then i played DMC3 and 4 and i'm all like "These games are trying way too hard"

How nauseating.

They weren't supposed to be serious. DmC is supposed to be serious. NT was hired for their storytelling ability. They were hired to deliver a strong, compelling narrative, which should include both story and dialogue. Tameem was supposed to break the myth that video game stories are trite.

tl;dr DMC writing was never trying to be good, and it wasn't a selling point. DmC's was trying to be good, it wanted to be taken seriously (it's what the creator wanted), and it was one of it's biggest selling points.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#6GrrManPosted 1/29/2013 12:56:56 AM
No

Just someone not great at writing
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#7SlaveBladePosted 1/29/2013 1:02:22 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

How nauseating.

They weren't supposed to be serious. DmC is supposed to be serious. NT was hired for their storytelling ability. They were hired to deliver a strong, compelling narrative, which should include both story and dialogue. Tameem was supposed to break the myth that video game stories are trite.

tl;dr DMC writing was never trying to be good, and it wasn't a selling point. DmC's was trying to be good, it wanted to be taken seriously (it's what the creator wanted), and it was one of it's biggest selling points.

Yes, and? If you all get to say your opinion, I get to say mine. It's my opinion that, just because you're not trying does not excuse a horrendous story.

"Well, sir, we never said we were actually trying to make GOOD pizza, we just had amazing crust for it."

Does not fly.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#8rice_noodlesPosted 1/29/2013 1:06:20 AM
No excuse for DmC not living up to the best of film and theatre.
#9KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/29/2013 1:06:37 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

How nauseating.

Yes, and? If you all get to say your opinion, I get to say mine. It's my opinion that, just because you're not trying does not excuse a horrendous story.

"Well, sir, we never said we were actually trying to make GOOD pizza, we just had amazing crust for it."

Does not fly.

I understand that, but the game that claims to have a great story is judged more harshly than the one that doesn't.

Game A has a bad story, but it doesn't claim to have a good one.
Game B also has a bad story, but claims to have an amazing one, one that breaks myths.

Which one feels worse overall? The one that wasn't trying to be good, or the one that advertised itself as amazing? For most people, Game B should feel worse because not only is it bad, it hyped itself as something amazing. With Game A, you never went into it thinking the story would be good, you weren't expecting anything.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#10Aero_SlasherPosted 1/29/2013 1:36:11 AM
If you're playing a hack-n-slash for the story, you're in the wrong genre.