Feels somewhat akin to the Prince of Persia reboot?

#1NinjamohawkPosted 1/29/2013 2:48:12 AM
I dunno maybe it's just me. I loved that game so you know, no problem.

Maybe it's all the grappling.
#2gokuKOGPosted 1/29/2013 2:56:52 AM
Every good game in this industry is having a reboot.....an evil strategy from the delusional manufacturer SONY.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#3Ninjamohawk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:28:51 AM
ugh.

they get reboots because it's what we want. we want familiar settings and characters but with updated tech. we don't complain about mario and he gets a facelift every few years.
#4lokithefoolPosted 1/29/2013 3:41:16 AM
Ninjamohawk posted...
ugh.

they get reboots because it's what we want. we want familiar settings and characters but with updated tech. we don't complain about mario and he gets a facelift every few years.

Mario has no cannon, so it can't be rebooted lol.
#5mad_hax_manPosted 1/29/2013 4:07:40 AM
The Prince of Persia reboot came after that previous game wrapped the series up. Since T2T killed of 3 of the major characters, gave the remaining characters closure, and actually, you know finished off the central plot device of the entire trilogy, people were able to move on from the series well before a reboot was announced.

A lot of the problems people have DmC is that it came completely out of nowhere and caught everyone by suprise
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#6JangotheBlueFoxPosted 1/29/2013 4:28:43 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
The Prince of Persia reboot came after that previous game wrapped the series up. Since T2T killed of 3 of the major characters, gave the remaining characters closure, and actually, you know finished off the central plot device of the entire trilogy, people were able to move on from the series well before a reboot was announced.

A lot of the problems people have DmC is that it came completely out of nowhere and caught everyone by suprise

I liked how the two thrones ended with the opening of the sands of time, it was a very unique way to end the trilogy.
---
Its just more badass when you kick someones ass while your half naked -Jango the BlueFox
#7Ninjamohawk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:13:20 PM
But lets face it, Devil May Cry was dead in the water.

Also this isn't a reboot per se. It's an alternate universe.
#8KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/29/2013 4:16:05 PM
Ninjamohawk posted...

No, it's a reboot, something nobody asked for.

We wanted DMC5. Capcom decided, "They want a sequel? Obviously rebooting it, hiring a third rate developer, and changing everything (for the worse) will make them happy :D"

Capcom logic. Ruining franchises since 2006 or so.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#9mad_hax_manPosted 1/29/2013 11:20:30 PM
Ninjamohawk posted...

Yes, DMC4 having the most sales and similar scores to the rest of the series means the series was dead in the water.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#10jellybeanmasterPosted 1/29/2013 11:43:49 PM
Lol thats NOT a good thing TC
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,