Was Dante drunk and trolling in DMC 4?

#31PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/29/2013 9:59:45 AM
Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...
I feel like you'd be just as serious with people dying by the hundreds and thousands...

Depends. I kind of hate people actually. Sure I'd do the right thing and all but I'm not so sure the numbers would bother me.

Dante comes off as fairly detached as well. He knows he isn't human and after so many years of violence you actually get used to it and it ceases to bother you.

That makes him sound a whole lot less of a hero.

Well, who said he was a hero?
---
~On How To Close Topics - In Memory of callingjaguar~
callingjaguar:
tell me how to take it off or i will c*m on you
#32antking61Posted 1/29/2013 10:02:00 AM(edited)
Taizuku posted...

He's still doing the right thing because he wants to so he's still a heroic character. He's just kind of...Jaded to death I guess? Desensitized?

---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#33AkazoraPosted 1/29/2013 10:01:55 AM
DMC's whole plot is basically "Dante is bored", isn't it? Wouldn't the Order's whole plan fall apart without the Sparda sword?
#34TaizukuPosted 1/29/2013 10:02:22 AM
PirateSwordsman posted...
Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...
I feel like you'd be just as serious with people dying by the hundreds and thousands...

Depends. I kind of hate people actually. Sure I'd do the right thing and all but I'm not so sure the numbers would bother me.

Dante comes off as fairly detached as well. He knows he isn't human and after so many years of violence you actually get used to it and it ceases to bother you.

Probably the entire premise of the story line in the DMC series...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#35antking61Posted 1/29/2013 10:03:15 AM
Akazora posted...
DMC's whole plot is basically "Dante is bored", isn't it? Wouldn't the Order's whole plan fall apart without the Sparda sword?

Not likely since they were moving their plan while they didn't have the sword anyway. It just helped.
---
#36PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/29/2013 10:06:13 AM(edited)
Akazora posted...

Goes a bit beyond him being bored. If you ask me, that applies to the anime, where he seemed so perpetually bored that he seemed miserable.

I believe they needed the Sparda sword, yes. Why Trish gave it to them, I do not know, because I'm pretty sure she brought nothing useful to the good guys by going in undercover. But the Order, oh boy, they got a massive boost.

They did not do a good job with Trish in DMC4...

EDIT: They didn't need the sword? Hm. It has been a while.

---
callingjaguar:
#37antking61Posted 1/29/2013 10:08:47 AM

I don't know for certain, but I have no idea why they would build a plan around something they didn't have.
---
#38TaizukuPosted 1/29/2013 10:09:51 AM
antking61 posted...

I don't know for certain, but I have no idea why they would build a plan around something they didn't have.

Nono they needed to harness the energy from the sword to open the gate. Everything else had been done IIRC. They just didn't know how to make Yamato activate.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#39Ink-Ribbon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:46:19 PM
antking61 posted...
Luiman04 posted...
He killed mundus, the demon king, and defeated/killed his brother, in 3/1 respectively, who was tho only other one who rivaled his skill. After such a track record I don't see a point in taking other demons as a serious threat. Still other demons would rise stronger than mundus, but that was probably the reasoning behind it.

He didn't actually KILL Mundus. Didn't he just seal him away again?

And he was technically serious at a few moments like when Credo gave Dante his last request.

Yeah, like being serious for long 10 seconds...
#40PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/29/2013 12:54:14 PM
Taizuku posted...
Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...

Probably the entire premise of the story line in the DMC series...

Seems more of an anti-hero to me.
---
callingjaguar: