Was Dante drunk and trolling in DMC 4?

#41SiLVeR_420Posted 1/29/2013 1:20:41 PM
Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...
PirateSwordsman posted...
EDIT: They didn't need the sword? Hm. It has been a while.

I don't know for certain, but I have no idea why they would build a plan around something they didn't have.

Nono they needed to harness the energy from the sword to open the gate. Everything else had been done IIRC. They just didn't know how to make Yamato activate.

Agnus couldn't figure out how to repair Yamato.
Trish giving the order Sparda just made their plan available quicker..and I guess to make it more of a challenge for her and Dante.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#42panzerwing27Posted 1/29/2013 1:21:29 PM
I love this topic. People complain about dmc Dante someone makes a topic about classic Dante people complain about classic Dante lol.
Anyway I never thought of Dante as a hero. He fights for selfish reasons. Dmc 1 it's revenge, dmc 3 it's just to fight Vergil (he fight for better reasons near the end of the game) and dmc 4 it's just for the fun of it. Im not saying he don't care for humanity it's just not the reasons he fights.
---
---
Gaming since 1990
#43caffiend7Posted 1/29/2013 1:22:10 PM
Dante in DMC4 was on vacation
#44Pesmerga255Posted 1/29/2013 1:24:19 PM
lol "drunk and trolling"
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#45mad_hax_manPosted 1/29/2013 1:39:00 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...
PirateSwordsman posted...
EDIT: They didn't need the sword? Hm. It has been a while.

I don't know for certain, but I have no idea why they would build a plan around something they didn't have.

Nono they needed to harness the energy from the sword to open the gate. Everything else had been done IIRC. They just didn't know how to make Yamato activate.

Agnus couldn't figure out how to repair Yamato.
Trish giving the order Sparda just made their plan available quicker..and I guess to make it more of a challenge for her and Dante.

while Trish was indeed reckless , it should be pointed out that a) she didn't know The Orders plán and b) for the vást majority of people, The Sparda dost grant you that much power (Danté being an execption )
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#46ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/29/2013 1:40:14 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
lol "drunk and trolling"

Just like the pros on this board
#47Ink-Ribbon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:41:46 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
lol "drunk and trolling"

Hilarious and tastefully done!!!
#48antking61Posted 1/29/2013 1:44:16 PM
panzerwing27 posted...
I love this topic. People complain about dmc Dante someone makes a topic about classic Dante people complain about classic Dante lol.
Anyway I never thought of Dante as a hero. He fights for selfish reasons. Dmc 1 it's revenge, dmc 3 it's just to fight Vergil (he fight for better reasons near the end of the game) and dmc 4 it's just for the fun of it. Im not saying he don't care for humanity it's just not the reasons he fights.
---

In DMC3 it's because Vergil sent a bunch of demons to attack him so it was actually self-defense. DMC4 it's his job and he was hired by Lady.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#49syctheweilderPosted 1/29/2013 2:04:15 PM
When Dante did battle with Mundus, he was avenging the deaths of his mother, brother, and the apparent death of his one-time-friend-who-betrayed-him-then-sacrificed-herself-for-him-tragically-mirroring-the-death-of-his-mother-type-person.

It's only natural he'd be more serious than his rebellious teenaged self, and contented adult self who really didn't have any stake in what was happening beyond getting yamato back.

Had Nero not been part of the equation, there's a good chance Dante would have treated things with more urgency, though at his current state of power, it's kind of difficult to imagine him taking things too seriously.
#50SephirothDZXPosted 1/29/2013 2:05:58 PM
The subplot of the game is that the entire crisis wouldn't have happened if Dante wasn't so lazy and cocky. Because DMC4 takes place not too long after DMC1, which means Dante is pretty much king sh*t at this point.