Did you enjoy playing as Nero in DMC4?

#1SHMYazooPosted 1/29/2013 12:42:34 PM
As the topic title says, did you enjoy playing as Nero in DMC4? - Results (283 votes)
Very much. His moves were great and he was an awesome character!
53.36% (151 votes)
It was OK, but I enjoyed playing as Dante much more.
34.98% (99 votes)
I didn't like it, why did they have to force me to play another character for most of the game?
11.66% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally didn't like playing as Nero. It would be a huge let down if not for the Devil Bringer. Dante being playable in the 2nd part of the game just made it even worse when I had to go back to him at the end of the game, specially when I got to experiment with the awesome Style Switching on the fly and the different weapons of Dante.

What about you?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/29/2013 12:43:21 PM
Where's the option for liking the way Nero plays but not being a fan of his character and personality?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3ZeroX91Posted 1/29/2013 12:45:19 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Where's the option for liking the way Nero plays but not being a fan of his character and personality?

---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#4SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:46:46 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

I thought about adding it, but it would leave the poll with 2 likes, 1 neutral and 1 dislike option. Maybe I shouldn't have put that "his character is awesome" part. Oh well...
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#5antking61Posted 1/29/2013 12:46:56 PM
I liked Nero all around. His move set was fun, his animations suited his character, and I liked his character as well. JYB only helped make him even more enjoyable.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#6DJ_0000Posted 1/29/2013 12:48:01 PM
He was the best character to play as in the old series in my opinion. I liked his gameplay though it could have been expanded upon and even though his character was nothing special he was better than Dante in 4.
#7Psychochild27Posted 1/29/2013 12:55:40 PM
Very much so. Exceed was a great mechanic, Snatch felt good (Though a BIT more range would be appreciated on it), the Blue Rose is the single most satisfying and all-around coolest gun to use in the entire series as far as I'm concerned with a very useful relaunch mechanic built in, the Red Queen is an excellent primary weapon for Nero to carry through subsequent games (Much more than the Rebellion, in all honesty), Nero has one of the most interesting DTs in the series which opens up his combo play significantly with inclusion of summoned swords and the fighting style/animations Nero brings to the table is exciting, unique and fun to watch alongside the Sons of Sparda.

If he had three other weapons on the D-Pad with their own Exceed properties built in, he would've completely overshadowed Dante. As he stands in his current iteration, he wipes the floor with S.E. Vergil and I'm really, really hoping they bring him back in DMC5 and flesh him out further.
#8produnerPosted 1/29/2013 12:58:25 PM
Max act timing, DT cancels, DT startup invincibility, shuffle cancels,devil bringer JC, charged shot and awesome moveset. Nuff said about gameplay. Personality wise... he was kinda annoying especially with kyrie but i kinda understand him in the end. I think that he's kinda unfinished and needs a bigger role, alongside more interactions and showing more personality traits. DMC4's characters had potential but they were displayed poorly and were kinda unfinished, needs more polishing.
#9PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/29/2013 12:58:49 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

The poll is purely gameplay-based. You just went out of your way to insult Beta Dino, you filthy tramp!
---
~On How To Close Topics - In Memory of callingjaguar~
callingjaguar:
tell me how to take it off or i will c*m on you
#10ShengaliPosted 1/29/2013 1:06:52 PM
Not really an option for me in there. I really loved playing as Dante more - it's like being on a freakin' drug it's SO crazy! - but, to me, Nero was more than OK. When all we had were trailers I hated the guy for being a Dante clone. From the first playthrough on I really liked him a lot: He plays different(moves), acts different, has completely different mechanics(DB/Exceed), etc etc. I think it opens the series up really well for multiple playable characters in the future. Hopefully from the get go, unlike DMC3:SE, and better done, unlike DMC2. Maybe experiment with his DT more so he's even more unique. I still wanna see a GOOD attempt at the DMC2 amulet system. Off track here so anyway, I ended up picking the first.

Man I'm gonna miss him :( How long do we have to wait for some kind of announcement? I'm pretty sure they'll wait until E3, but damn it I'm impatient!