So with the sales of this game, it shows that gamers hate different and change.

#71dragonkyn20Posted 2/1/2013 10:52:25 PM
"If it's not broken, don't fix it."
---
PSN: dragonkyn20
Official Abyss Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#72GujinKamiPosted 2/1/2013 10:56:22 PM
This happens to every single AAA game; So called "haters" bash the game to no end, but even then it makes profit.

Unless there were an actual problem with the game, the voice of the people has no effect on the outcome of the product at all. If the "haters" could change the sales of games, we'd have CoD games in bargain bins months after release, and the market would be flooded with JRPG's or actually good games. But that isn't the case.

This isn't making sales because of "haters" but because it's a mediocre title, and it doesn't interest anyone. Quit looking for someone to blame when a product is shallow.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/34o99hk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif
#73omerta07Posted 2/1/2013 11:21:09 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
There's no other reason for it to be one of the biggest flops in the past five years.

Capcom should of known better because they know gamers hate change and only like the same stuff. They also hate anything different.

If they made a DMC5 and not DmC then their sales would of tripled.

If there is a game that is proof that gamers these days hate anything new and change, DmC is the game.

I was saying change and different was bad for games but no one believed me. Now I have proof that change is bad.

Who else agrees with me?

dmc is nowhere near a 'flop' my friend , this game has sold over 550,000 in ONE week on just ps3 and 360 alone and thats not even including pc and digital download sales
#74BigKahn8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:52:49 AM
omerta07 posted...
BigKahn8 posted...
There's no other reason for it to be one of the biggest flops in the past five years.

Capcom should of known better because they know gamers hate change and only like the same stuff. They also hate anything different.

If they made a DMC5 and not DmC then their sales would of tripled.

If there is a game that is proof that gamers these days hate anything new and change, DmC is the game.

I was saying change and different was bad for games but no one believed me. Now I have proof that change is bad.

Who else agrees with me?

dmc is nowhere near a 'flop' my friend , this game has sold over 550,000 in ONE week on just ps3 and 360 alone and thats not even including pc and digital download sales

That's a flop by today's standards. Unless it hits 5 million+ sales then it's a flop.
#75360pagesPosted 2/2/2013 7:01:21 AM
GujinKami posted...
This happens to every single AAA game; So called "haters" bash the game to no end, but even then it makes profit.

Unless there were an actual problem with the game, the voice of the people has no effect on the outcome of the product at all. If the "haters" could change the sales of games, we'd have CoD games in bargain bins months after release, and the market would be flooded with JRPG's or actually good games. But that isn't the case.

This isn't making sales because of "haters" but because it's a mediocre title, and it doesn't interest anyone. Quit looking for someone to blame when a product is shallow.

This, the game didn't sell because no one was interested. No amount of over hype reviews is going to change that.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#76Seraphion_OmnisPosted 2/2/2013 7:12:36 AM
BigKahn8 posted...
EmpirenXD posted...
Change isn't always better, do well to remember that.

No. This game alone is proof that it was a bad change. (Fix'd)

If you want to maximize sales then you shouldn't change ANYTHING, just improve upon it.

Also, improvements ARE a form of change...seriously.
#77snake_dante44Posted 2/2/2013 7:35:25 AM
Seraphion_Omnis posted...
BigKahn8 posted...
EmpirenXD posted...
Change isn't always better, do well to remember that.

No. This game alone is proof that it was a bad change. (Fix'd)

If you want to maximize sales then you shouldn't change ANYTHING, just improve upon it.

Also, improvements ARE a form of change...seriously.

This. Couldn't agree more.
---
"Remember what we used to say?"....."JACKPOT!!!"
#78zhaoyun99Posted 2/2/2013 7:43:39 AM
One of the reason this game flopped was bad marketing. When you say you are going to change something, you have to reassure the customer (in business rule, customers are GODS). You have to talk sweet to the customers to lure them to buy your products even if that was a bad one. Instead, Tameem's ego let him S***talk to the fan. Cashcom is obvious to their fans. Not only that, he baddmouthed something that the fans loved. This is obviously alienating the already strong fanbase and try to create a new one which was way too late to do that now.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#79SilentS89Posted 2/2/2013 11:29:08 PM(edited)
zhaoyun99 posted...
One of the reason this game flopped was bad marketing. When you say you are going to change something, you have to reassure the customer (in business rule, customers are GODS). You have to talk sweet to the customers to lure them to buy your products even if that was a bad one. Instead, Tameem's ego let him S***talk to the fan. Cashcom is obvious to their fans. Not only that, he baddmouthed something that the fans loved. This is obviously alienating the already strong fanbase and try to create a new one which was way too late to do that now.

This, the customer is always right.

Tameem basically said to us that, no customer, you don't want the original Dante, you want this socially relevant self-insert Donte instead.
#80sjwho2Posted 2/2/2013 11:37:07 PM
Gamers hate bad games. Thats it.