So with the sales of this game, it shows that gamers hate different and change.

#81BigKahn8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:21:06 PM
SilentS89 posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...
One of the reason this game flopped was bad marketing. When you say you are going to change something, you have to reassure the customer (in business rule, customers are GODS). You have to talk sweet to the customers to lure them to buy your products even if that was a bad one. Instead, Tameem's ego let him S***talk to the fan. Cashcom is obvious to their fans. Not only that, he baddmouthed something that the fans loved. This is obviously alienating the already strong fanbase and try to create a new one which was way too late to do that now.

This, the customer is always right.

Tameem basically said to us that, no customer, you don't want the original Dante, you want this socially relevant self-insert Donte instead.

This is true.

This is why I believe Creative Freedom is bad in the game industry because it destroys that mentality.

All games should be 100% for the fans and 0% creative freedom. This game was 95% creative freedom and 5% for the fans.
#82syctheweilderPosted 2/3/2013 1:34:45 PM
Playing the artist card eh? Ok. Then why do you even care about sales?
#83vgman94Posted 2/3/2013 1:43:47 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
There's no other reason for it to be one of the biggest flops in the past five years.

Capcom should of known better because they know gamers hate change and only like the same stuff. They also hate anything different.

If they made a DMC5 and not DmC then their sales would of tripled.

If there is a game that is proof that gamers these days hate anything new and change, DmC is the game.

I was saying change and different was bad for games but no one believed me. Now I have proof that change is bad.

Who else agrees with me?

It happened with Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Silent Hill, Spyro and many others. People want the same crap repeated endlessly. No new characters or character redesigns, no truly new gameplay (Adding small stuff to Crash 2 and 3 or some other franchise's sequel is not renewing it. A real change like Crash of the Titans or Metal Gear Rising is new). Gamers today are xenophobic in a sense about games. Many will make excuses, hiding behind character designs, weapon reset combos, i-frame moves, "if it's not broke, don't fix it!", "if it doesn't stay close to it's roots, it doesn't deserve the name of X" and what-not. But it all boils down to a primordial, relentless hatred of changing the status quo. Never mind that the current status quo for games will get boring after 3-5 games, to them it's better than evolving a franchise's world like RE6 and DmC, or Crash and Spyro before them. The reason Mario and Call of Duty are so popular is because they're almost the same as they were near their inception. If gamers actually had sense, these franchises would've been chewed out for repeating outdated, stale and boring mechanics, and let's not forget to mention story, overworld and character progression which should happen in almost all games. Regardless of whether they're kiddy games like Crash or Mario, or more intelligent games like RE and DmC.

These people are the main reason there' barely any good games anymore. Just overrated stuff like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Uncharted, et cetera... Any games of legitimate quality quickly die or get revived as disgusting permutations (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and the retro-catered horrors of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations).
#84SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 1:45:40 PM
vgman94 posted...
or get revived as disgusting permutations

Kinda like DmC right?
#85vgman94Posted 2/3/2013 1:56:28 PM
SilentS89 posted...
vgman94 posted...
or get revived as disgusting permutations

Kinda like DmC right?

Skylanders (my example that you cut out) is a disgusting permutation. The previous change added a deeper story (Kinda like DmC right?), more complex combat and the third game added co-op, GOW-inspired gameplay which was a blast, many well-hidden collectibles and revisitable levels. That's not mentioning the music or co-op puzzles. Skylanders threw it out like a month-old pot of soup. The combat was as simple as Mario, you had to buy plastic (aka: resource wastage) toys and a "portal" stand to put it on and play the game. The puzzles were simpler, the story was geared towards children (this isn't Crash, 2000s Sonic or Ratchet & Clank childishness which can be enjoyed by adults, this was Dora the Explorer childishness), each character had only a couple of moves. The majority of the toys had to be bought separately (AKA, physical DLC) and the bosses were depressing in their design.

DmC on the other hand respects it's predecessors' combat, gives edgier dialogue to the characters, gives them realistic personalities compared to most other games' casts. The platforming is an addition, not a take-over, the music is pretty heavy and fits the tone of the game. And whatever they took away of the old DMC, they made up for it with a better art, story and character style. The change is more akined to Crash Bandicoot (right down to the fan reactions.....) than a legitimately backwards step such as Skylanders.
#86syctheweilderPosted 2/3/2013 2:07:36 PM
"DmC on the other hand respects it's predecessors' combat"

No.
#87vgman94Posted 2/3/2013 2:16:46 PM
syctheweilder posted...
"DmC on the other hand respects it's predecessors' combat"

No.

Do you see him using Blade Mode? Hijacking enemies (Crash of the Titans, Prototype)? Summoning creatures (Darksiders II, Prototype 2)? Using shooter-esq gameplay like InFamous? Or using complex, long strings of combos using classic weapons and new weapons? I'd ask for a better argument than a "no", but I know the usual arguments and they're not much better than a no, so I'll just go off and spend some time at the gym. Buh-bye.
#88StrelokPosted 2/3/2013 2:24:42 PM
The combos are not that complex (Just T, T, T, nothing to change it up like the hundreds of combos from DMC1, 3 and 4), it uses an awkward "stance" system lifted from Heavenly Sword (which was terrible in that game too), the DT is completely changed, guns are practically useless, dedicated dodge button (TWO of them!)
The weapons aren't classic. They are unrecognizable from their earlier games counterparts (Rebellion, E&I, fist weapons)
No strange and crazy weapons like Nevan, or Pandora. No real innovative weapons like Cerberus. It's all extremely bland.

Difficulty extremely staged down to where it's laughably simple, bossfights are disgustingly pathetically easy, demon and angel dodge are overpowered (or human dodge is useless, pick one)...
It doesn't respect the combat at all.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#89syctheweilderPosted 2/3/2013 2:40:58 PM
Strelok posted...
The combos are not that complex (Just T, T, T, nothing to change it up like the hundreds of combos from DMC1, 3 and 4), it uses an awkward "stance" system lifted from Heavenly Sword (which was terrible in that game too), the DT is completely changed, guns are practically useless, dedicated dodge button (TWO of them!)
The weapons aren't classic. They are unrecognizable from their earlier games counterparts (Rebellion, E&I, fist weapons)
No strange and crazy weapons like Nevan, or Pandora. No real innovative weapons like Cerberus. It's all extremely bland.

Difficulty extremely staged down to where it's laughably simple, bossfights are disgustingly pathetically easy, demon and angel dodge are overpowered (or human dodge is useless, pick one)...
It doesn't respect the combat at all.

This isn't even getting into the lack of lock-on, and the effect it has on the accuracy of the devil bringer and directional inputs, the color coded enemies that force the player to use certain weapons, limiting their options, and ultimately creating and recreating a situation in which the player must use the same strategy multiple times.