Best storyline and voice acting thus far?

#81SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 12:59:15 PM
Sasukefire posted...
buakawpp posted...
ohhhh so vergil AND Dante's VA's in DMC3 worked on POWER RANGERS!! WOOOWW MAANNN THAT'S LIKE SOOO AWESOME. THEY MUST BE LIKE THEEE BEST VA'S ON EARTH, IN FACT THEY SHOULD WIN OSCARS. pshhh come on guys, Power Rangers? seriously?

Don't speak. Just die.

He's also casually ignoring that new Vergil was briefly a Power Ranger as well.
#82vgman94Posted 1/30/2013 12:59:48 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
shadowscreed posted...
DmC does have the best story and it beasted the rest. still my old favs DMC 1 and 3. its about time they had a mature story anyway and thats what they did here with DmC. the franchise really needed it and it was about time.

What about DmC's story is remotely mature?

Dante and Vergil's scenes together, The Trade level, the conversation with Mundus before the boss fight, the fact that Dante blatantly admits his trust issues and is relatively mature about his demeanor (Hell, he acts like he knows what his demeanor looks like and accepts the labelling in stride), the final level's dialogue. Dante's relationship with Kat... Need I go on? Or will I hear the "those are generic plot points a kid could make" excuses again?
#83darkdragon_9600Posted 1/30/2013 1:01:55 PM
shadowscreed posted...
DmC does have the best story and it beasted the rest. still my old favs DMC 1 and 3. its about time they had a mature story anyway and thats what they did here with DmC. the franchise really needed it and it was about time.

"You're not on the list."

*uppercut*

"**** you"

*Writes stuff*

"**** you"

*drops board on security guy, board reads **** you*

Dark, gritty and MATURE
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#84SasukefirePosted 1/30/2013 1:02:59 PM
I'd rather have Jester talking about "thick shafts that cause women to shudder" or the entire Lucifer cutscene.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRgEt1-J9Yc
#85Sephivengeance9Posted 1/30/2013 1:04:53 PM
vgman94 posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
shadowscreed posted...

Dante and Vergil's scenes together, The Trade level, the conversation with Mundus before the boss fight, the fact that Dante blatantly admits his trust issues and is relatively mature about his demeanor (Hell, he acts like he knows what his demeanor looks like and accepts the labelling in stride), the final level's dialogue. Dante's relationship with Kat... Need I go on? Or will I hear the "those are generic plot points a kid could make" excuses again?

Sorry, a scene blatantly there for nothing other than shock value with no build up and no follow-up is in no way, shape, or form, mature. Not only did it add absolutely NOTHING to this game's so-called "story", it completely 180's whatever character Vergil may have had throughout the game up until that point.

Heck, there is also a huge list of reasons why most of your list is wrong, but I'm not going to be the one to pick it apart.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#86SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 1:05:20 PM
vgman94 posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
shadowscreed posted...

That's not mature though... that's just basic storytelling. Just because DmC isn't as cartoony or silly as the old games doesn't instantly make it mature.
#87ZeolahnPosted 1/30/2013 1:06:34 PM
Devil May Cry 4 is the best of the series to me, both for cinematic quality, story, acting, and gameplay. 3 is second place, closely.
#88ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/30/2013 1:23:13 PM
buakawpp posted...
ohhhh so vergil AND Dante's VA's in DMC3 worked on POWER RANGERS!! WOOOWW MAANNN THAT'S LIKE SOOO AWESOME. THEY MUST BE LIKE THEEE BEST VA'S ON EARTH, IN FACT THEY SHOULD WIN OSCARS. pshhh come on guys, Power Rangers? seriously?

Why you so young, man?
I would start with grammar.
You're not making a point, you're looking like a mongoloid.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990