What do you guys think of dead space 3?

#1lokithefoolPosted 1/29/2013 6:00:35 PM
Dead space 3 is shaping up to be like DmC was in a lot of ways in how many changes where implemented, and other issues as well.

Here is the compilation of both the good, and the bad.

Micro transactions payed for by real money, or an extremely rare item found in game. Has exclusive weapon parts, and possible armor connected to it.

Human enemies, and by extension watered down human on human shoot outs.

Twice the length of the second game.

Exclusive items, and area's to the coop.

Extensive weapon crafting system.

New Necromorph enemies, and greater range of environments.

Stranger armor designs then the first two games.

Caver space marine companion.

Scavenger Robots that take ten minutes to return with a large amount of items. Easily exploitable?

Ambiguous ending.

More QTE scene's reminiscent of uncharted.

Energy bayonet's are awesome.

Single barrel guns kind of conflict with the lore of needing to dismember.

So what do you guys think will you be getting, or giving it a pass. Also do you think it is going to crash, and burn like DmC?
#2gamer6879403333Posted 1/29/2013 6:01:30 PM
I didn't even know that DS3 was in development, let alone already out. It's a reboot?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#3Snipa_Wulf12Posted 1/29/2013 6:01:54 PM
meh, Ill still buy it.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Trusty Patches...now 50% more trusty.-Lodiss
#4TaizukuPosted 1/29/2013 6:02:23 PM
It's probably awesome
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#5Snipa_Wulf12Posted 1/29/2013 6:02:25 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...
I didn't even know that DS3 was in development, let alone already out. It's a reboot?

NO

Sequel lol
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Trusty Patches...now 50% more trusty.-Lodiss
#6KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/29/2013 6:04:45 PM
I never liked Dead Space to begin with...

That said, I can understand why people are worried about it. It seems it's undergoing RE syndrome. They took a survival horror series and tried pumping action-y shoot outs into it.

Note, I've never played Dead Space, but I've seen some let's plays of it.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#7syctheweilderPosted 1/29/2013 6:05:53 PM(edited)
lokithefool posted...
Human enemies

No, no, no, and no.
#8TaizukuPosted 1/29/2013 6:08:26 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

That said, I can understand why people are worried about it. It seems it's undergoing RE syndrome. They took a survival horror series and tried pumping action-y shoot outs into it.

Actually Dead Space was never really a true Survival Horror, it was an action horror, it's just more obvious now.

But again like I always say, eventually this stuff would stop being scary to the characters in it.
---
#9SiLVeR_420Posted 1/29/2013 6:14:02 PM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Actually Dead Space was never really a true Survival Horror, it was an action horror, it's just more obvious now.

But again like I always say, eventually this stuff would stop being scary to the characters in it.

The first DS was survival horror.
DS it changed genres to action horror. Now its just Action.

I mostly hate the Dead Space fanbase. They praise DS when it switched yet when RE switched they bashed it. I never understood that.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#10TaizukuPosted 1/29/2013 6:14:32 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Taizuku posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

The first DS was survival horror.
DS it changed genres to action horror. Now its just Action.

I mostly hate the Dead Space fanbase. They praise DS when untill switched yet when RE switched they bashed it. I never understood that.

I've seen a lot of people complain about DS2 changing. But I've never seen it as survival horror. It's scary sure, but it's a bit too actiony to be survival horror.
---