What do you guys think of dead space 3?

#11SiLVeR_420Posted 1/29/2013 5:17:37 PM
Taizuku posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Taizuku posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I never liked Dead Space to begin with...

That said, I can understand why people are worried about it. It seems it's undergoing RE syndrome. They took a survival horror series and tried pumping action-y shoot outs into it.

Note, I've never played Dead Space, but I've seen some let's plays of it.

Actually Dead Space was never really a true Survival Horror, it was an action horror, it's just more obvious now.

But again like I always say, eventually this stuff would stop being scary to the characters in it.

The first DS was survival horror.
DS it changed genres to action horror. Now its just Action.

I mostly hate the Dead Space fanbase. They praise DS when untill switched yet when RE switched they bashed it. I never understood that.

I've seen a lot of people complain about DS2 changing. But I've never seen it as survival horror. It's scary sure, but it's a bit too actiony to be survival horror.

I've only ever seen people praise the games.
DS1 is the same type of survival horror as RE3 was.
DS2 is RE 4/5 type.
DS3 is a straight action game judging from its demo.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#12TaizukuPosted 1/29/2013 5:18:19 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Taizuku posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Taizuku posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I never liked Dead Space to begin with...

That said, I can understand why people are worried about it. It seems it's undergoing RE syndrome. They took a survival horror series and tried pumping action-y shoot outs into it.

Note, I've never played Dead Space, but I've seen some let's plays of it.

Actually Dead Space was never really a true Survival Horror, it was an action horror, it's just more obvious now.

But again like I always say, eventually this stuff would stop being scary to the characters in it.

The first DS was survival horror.
DS it changed genres to action horror. Now its just Action.

I mostly hate the Dead Space fanbase. They praise DS when untill switched yet when RE switched they bashed it. I never understood that.

I've seen a lot of people complain about DS2 changing. But I've never seen it as survival horror. It's scary sure, but it's a bit too actiony to be survival horror.

I've only ever seen people praise the games.
DS1 is the same type of survival horror as RE3 was.
DS2 is RE 4/5 type.
DS3 is a straight action game judging from its demo.

I don't mind the change, it makes sense to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#13ZeroX91Posted 1/29/2013 5:33:10 PM
Not much, I loved the first one and Extraction, but two not so much. The moment I read the words micro-transactions 3 was dead to me.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#14SiLVeR_420Posted 1/29/2013 5:37:27 PM
It makes sense to me to even for RE it makes sense to me.
I just don't understand why DS is mostly praised for it yet RE gets trashed.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#15lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:45:15 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Not much, I loved the first one and Extraction, but two not so much. The moment I read the words micro-transactions 3 was dead to me.

Hmm that seems to be the main gripe at the moment lol. Also the human enemies are really not very well done.
#16ZeroX91Posted 1/29/2013 6:05:34 PM
I can see why some of the necromorph designs bug people, they don't feel quite as "horrific", doesn't bug me nearly as much as the micro-transitions.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA