Would anyone care if DMC5 ends up being another prequel?

#1dillpickle69Posted 1/29/2013 5:04:49 PM
I for one would be annoyed. I want them to either end the cliffhanger of DMC2 or Explain Nero, preferably both. If Capcom makes a game that ends up being another prequel, I would be annoyed that the plot would end up going nowhere. I didn't mind 3 and 4 being prequels because they at least introduced important characters and I saw it as more of a build up to a game set after 2, but aside from this series I hate prequels. Am I in the majority or do most people not care at all as long as DMC5 is out? I would still buy and enjoy the game, but I would be annoyed at Capcom for leaving so many questions unanswered.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#2syctheweilderPosted 1/29/2013 5:10:12 PM
Devil May Cry 5 could be about Dante fighting giant space gorillas on the moon for all I care just as long as it's Devil May Cry 5.
#3ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/29/2013 5:18:55 PM(edited)
If DMC continued I wouldn't mind the ideas below:

>DMC5 being all about Sparda, revealing his true fate.
>DMC5 wrapping up Nero's backstory.
>DMC5 bringing in a more powerful, fearsome enemy if Dante is the main protag again. (more akin to the bible's interpretation of Satan, a snake like humanoid enemy who rivals DMC4 Dante in power. If Dante is so godly in DMC4 I think they should give him an sinister equal.)

>Bring back Vergil and the remaining cast.
>Or be bold and remake DMC2 to be 9000 times better than what we got and let it replace the update current DMC2 in the canon. (Resident Evil Remake did something similar to this, splicing the origins of differing stories from RE3 and CVX in the plot. While the original RE1 is still canon, REmake introduced a lot of new story elements that spiced up the backstories.)
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#4zhaoyun99Posted 1/29/2013 5:17:12 PM
IF that prequel was about the legendary dark knight Sparda, I'm in for it. Miss Dante for a while but can't help but seeing how much of a kickass Sparda is.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#5dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:59:51 PM
As badass as Sparda is, I don't know if he'll be as badass as Dante, due to it being stated that Dante is stronger than his father.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#6SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 1:00:56 PM
Considering there's only been two DMC games were you exclusively play as Dante, I think they should stick to Dante.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 1/30/2013 1:01:07 PM
They need to make a Sparda game. They completely **** all over him with this game.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8ZeroX91Posted 1/30/2013 1:04:46 PM
I can see the complaints about a sparda games ending already.
"It's too sad, they should have ended it on a lighter note."

(Saw that way too often when Crisis Core came out.)
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#9syctheweilderPosted 1/30/2013 1:08:53 PM
I don't want Sparda playable, as that would introduce the possibility of him being defeated on-screen, and that is unacceptable.
#10Rising_shadowPosted 1/30/2013 1:10:23 PM
I'd rather have a game with Vergil going to town on Mundus' infernal hordes really.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!