People complained that DMC4 recycled bosses, but DMC1 recycled bosses too.

#21EternityUnknownPosted 1/29/2013 11:03:57 PM
In DMC1, you fight Phantom twice, and you have 2 chase scenes with him. You fight Griffon 3 times, and Nelo Angelo 3 times. You fight Phantom 3 times. Mundus has three phases, sky battle, lava battle, and the last stand at the end.

Wut? I'm assuming that the second "Phantom is supposed to be...Nightmare, right?
---
This guy are always sick. No, way? Off course! That's how touph he is... beacause he is... a puppet...
#22BillysanPosted 1/29/2013 11:04:57 PM
EternityUnknown posted...
In DMC1, you fight Phantom twice, and you have 2 chase scenes with him. You fight Griffon 3 times, and Nelo Angelo 3 times. You fight Phantom 3 times. Mundus has three phases, sky battle, lava battle, and the last stand at the end.

Wut? I'm assuming that the second "Phantom is supposed to be...Nightmare, right?

There's a optional Phantom fight.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#23Dantechan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:06:52 PM
EternityUnknown posted...

Sorry, it was a typo.
#24melvinmaverickPosted 1/29/2013 11:20:16 PM
People seem to not understand how perfectly paced Dmc1 action was. the atmosphere and bosses were exellentlly executed. Dmc4 it felt like a gimmick.
#25Liquid_AcidPosted 1/30/2013 12:47:32 AM
The difference is ridiculously noticeable....

This has been debated and pointed out a ridiculous amount of times now...

DMC1's repeated bosses at least had new attacks each time and were in different locations...

DMC4? Pretty much the same boss fight, same location, just different character...
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#26Ether101Posted 1/30/2013 8:36:20 AM
It's simple really, the bosses change with every fight in DMC1.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#27Herbert0Posted 1/30/2013 9:12:35 AM
The difference is the Bosses get harder, get new moves, and different environment. While DMC4 has the same environment, same moves, same difficulty but with different characters.
#28ABadNuffDudePosted 1/30/2013 9:22:00 AM
I actually liked the way they recycled them in DMC1 since it sorta felt like you were hunting the demons down or something till you finally defeated them and since they all had differences with each fight I always thought of it similar to a boss having different "phases" but instead of being back to back the "phases" come as you hunt down the demon.

Now that I think about it Bayonetta did something similar to this as well and it didn't really bother me there either. It's just all in how you present it I s'pose.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#29ShengaliPosted 1/30/2013 2:28:57 PM
Liquid_Acid posted...
The difference is ridiculously noticeable....

This has been debated and pointed out a ridiculous amount of times now...

DMC1's repeated bosses at least had new attacks each time and were in different locations...

DMC4? Pretty much the same boss fight, same location, just different character...

...that had different styles and different mechanics. The boss fights really emphasized just how different they were, in fact. Especially since the game made it a point to show how Nero was just a rookie compared to the seasoned vet Dante - even in cutscenes! And what happened in those boss battles? FOR FIRST TIME PLAYERS: Nero either struggled, or was reliant upon the DB; Dante just mowed through them. Excellent highlight on their differences, both gameplay and power levels.
#30ShengaliPosted 1/30/2013 2:33:27 PM
ABadNuffDude posted...
I actually liked the way they recycled them in DMC1 since it sorta felt like you were hunting the demons down or something till you finally defeated them and since they all had differences with each fight I always thought of it similar to a boss having different "phases" but instead of being back to back the "phases" come as you hunt down the demon.

I'd agree to that. In game/justifying, see my above post. IRL, Dante was rushed into a project that was already rushed to meet a deadline AND multi-plat announcement.