DMC1 has not aged well.

#1bigbroluisPosted 1/29/2013 11:00:44 PM
Granted, it's still a fun game. it just hasn't aged well. making combos while feeling alittle more strategic due to it's aged speed, feels empty when you are limited to a single gun and weapon.

most of the enemies feel stiff now sans the frosts. and any enemies you run into with any actual difficulty (especially when they DT) can be kerplunked massively with Dante's ridiculously powered DT.

The bosses. namely nightmare and griffon. are a chore to fight due to terrible camera and annoying attacks or gimmicks that seem to exist only to prolong the battle or make it more annoying than it is fun.

some of the secret missions are tedious and terrible (the killing of the two spiders at the same time comes to mind).

and is it me. or have the cutscene dialog aged terribly?

i'm sure theres probably another hang up i have. but i can't think of anything right now.
---
"Overall,i give it 8 out of 10. but only because it was made in China and i am terrified of thier government"-Ashens on the POP Neo system.
#2KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/29/2013 11:03:14 PM
imo, it's aged a lot better than a lot of other games from the same era.

It's still fun and playable, it was waaay ahead of it's time. Honestly, for me it doesn feel outdated, but only by a few years. You wouldn't expect it to be from 2001.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#3bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:07:49 PM
Well i meant compared to DMC3 and 4. i know they improved upon it. but i'm in a position asking myself why DMC1 is seen as the best by most. I love the game, but it's hard to ignore it's glaring issues nowadays
---
"Overall,i give it 8 out of 10. but only because it was made in China and i am terrified of thier government"-Ashens on the POP Neo system.
#4rice_noodlesPosted 1/29/2013 11:11:07 PM
Guess what DMC1 had? Enemies that aren't sandbags on legs.
#5KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/29/2013 11:11:13 PM
bigbroluis posted...
Well i meant compared to DMC3 and 4. i know they improved upon it. but i'm in a position asking myself why DMC1 is seen as the best by most. I love the game, but it's hard to ignore it's glaring issues nowadays

Well, some people see it as the best because it started it all.

It created the formula that DMC3 and 4 improved upon.

It was also highly advanced for it's time. When it was released, it was amazing. I think there is some nostalgia at play, but when you think about it it makes sense.

When DMC1 was released, there was nothing like it at the time. It was new, it was advanced, and damn was it stylish. DMC3 and 4 were huge improvements, but they were still just a improvement to an existing formula.

A lot of people liked the themes and style of DMC1 better too. The combat from the later ones might be better, but the overall packaged of DMC1 is what makes it the best for a lot of people.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#6A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/29/2013 11:12:10 PM
The griffon fights were never any fun.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#7ishamail24Posted 1/29/2013 11:14:46 PM
Dmc1 gameplay wise hasn't aged greatly ill agree. For its time it's still good though. But I think most people will agree it has the best environments.
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.
#8akira_hisyamPosted 1/29/2013 11:15:36 PM
DMC is not just a game,DMC is once and future game
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#9bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:16:21 PM
True. but theres alot of games with sequels that people revere the later games over the original aswell despite where it originally came from. especially when it comes to good ole capcom.

Megaman springs to mind. the first game is terribad nowadays. the glitchy platform enemies and actual need of the magnet beam and the annoying level design makes it far from the "best" nowadays. it's simply a foundation now. which is how i feel DMC1 evolved into
---
#10BillysanPosted 1/29/2013 11:17:29 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
The griffon fights were never any fun.

I like them all. The 2nd fight is a bit gimmicky though.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman