DMC1 has not aged well.

#31A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/30/2013 2:08:19 AM
and then things like ninja gaiden...and heck, even bayonetta further make 1 look...almost unplayable at times.

Ninja Gaiden is my favourite action game to date and DMC1 still holds up for me. I played it a couple a weeks ago and the only thing that really annoyed me was how the lock on worked. No reticule to indicate exactly which enemy was targeted and no target cycle either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#32Pesmerga255Posted 1/30/2013 2:10:52 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
and then things like ninja gaiden...and heck, even bayonetta further make 1 look...almost unplayable at times.

Ninja Gaiden is my favourite action game to date and DMC1 still holds up for me. I played it a couple a weeks ago and the only thing that really annoyed me was how the lock on worked. No reticule to indicate exactly which enemy was targeted and no target cycle either.

DmC doesn't have a reticule either. Don't be a butthurt hater.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#33bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:13:18 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

i guess i simply play too many games in general. well opinion is opinion. well, might aswell get into the spirit of this new DMC and say something along the lines of...i dunno...**** YOU!
---
"Overall,i give it 8 out of 10. but only because it was made in China and i am terrified of thier government"-Ashens on the POP Neo system.
#34bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:08:41 PM
and now i have replayed DMC2 after years of play. this game....

Stiff, annoying large areas to traverse. stupid bosses (the three headed boss though was cool, would have been a great boss to translate into traditional DMC play), guns are way more overpowered than i remember, cutscenes are terribad, the coin thing.....wtf? and combat is extremely stiff, unvaried, and gives no real incentive to be stylish.

Dante looks cool though
---
"Overall,i give it 8 out of 10. but only because it was made in China and i am terrified of thier government"-Ashens on the POP Neo system.
#35xKazeruxPosted 1/30/2013 6:15:35 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
A lot of people liked the themes and style of DMC1 better too. The combat from the later ones might be better, but the overall packaged of DMC1 is what makes it the best for a lot of people.

Pretty much this for me. I love DMC3, but I love DMC1 more. The music is my favorite in the series in the first one, the bosses were cool, the atmosphere was great, and I like the more serious tone it has. Plus, Dante looks better in DMC1 imo.

If DMC1 ever got remade, I'd be all over that. (assuming it was more like DMC3 and 4 as opposed to DmC, and we got Reuben Langdon for Dante again if it got redubbed. I would've liked if the HD collection was redubbed like Silent Hill's was.)
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png
#36SHMYazooPosted 1/30/2013 6:17:53 PM
You can change between melee weapons (Alastor / Ifrit) by pressing L3 in DMC1. Seriously, why do people always forget this?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#37bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:20:29 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
You can change between melee weapons (Alastor / Ifrit) by pressing L3 in DMC1. Seriously, why do people always forget this?

i didn't forget this. i even notice a nod to this when vergil does it in DMC3 in the second boss fight. the problem is it isn't combo savvy
---
#38bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:40:08 PM
xKazerux posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
A lot of people liked the themes and style of DMC1 better too. The combat from the later ones might be better, but the overall packaged of DMC1 is what makes it the best for a lot of people.

Pretty much this for me. I love DMC3, but I love DMC1 more. The music is my favorite in the series in the first one, the bosses were cool, the atmosphere was great, and I like the more serious tone it has. Plus, Dante looks better in DMC1 imo.

If DMC1 ever got remade, I'd be all over that. (assuming it was more like DMC3 and 4 as opposed to DmC, and we got Reuben Langdon for Dante again if it got redubbed. I would've liked if the HD collection was redubbed like Silent Hill's was.)

oh i would like this aswell. and i do like the enviroments. Ultraviolet still exists as my 2nd favorite DMC song of all time
---
#39MrSmi7hPosted 1/30/2013 6:52:37 PM
DMC3 is the first DMC, DMC does not even exist or create a base for anything, Bayonetta, DMC4, or even this DmC are built ober the base of DMC3.

You want to know why people praise the first game? to go with the flow.
#40bigbroluis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:03:36 PM
MrSmi7h posted...
DMC3 is the first DMC, DMC does not even exist or create a base for anything, Bayonetta, DMC4, or even this DmC are built ober the base of DMC3.

You want to know why people praise the first game? to go with the flow.

you think so?
---