I think this game is great

#41SiLVeR_420Posted 1/30/2013 5:13:10 AM
Kyrylo posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Br3zizH posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Cool story bro.

A lot of people disagree with you, myself included.

There also most likely won't be a sequel.

There will most likely BE A SEQUEL. With such an open ended story, a sequel will most likely happen. Though i agree some will disagree but i have to admit this game is NOT BAD AT ALL. After clearing all the difficulties it made me want to play more tbh. Although it was easier than the other Devil May Cry, DMC in itself is unarguably unique.

Seriously...giving DmC a sequel is a bad buisness move.
If Capcom wants to go ahead and lose more money funding a sequel to a game that's not selling then all power to them.

there will be a sequel. They are not THAT stupid to kill off their new fanbase.

DmC fanbase is smaller then the DMC fanbase. Which one do you think will get you more money?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#42KyryloPosted 1/30/2013 5:15:16 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Br3zizH posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Cool story bro.

A lot of people disagree with you, myself included.

There also most likely won't be a sequel.

There will most likely BE A SEQUEL. With such an open ended story, a sequel will most likely happen. Though i agree some will disagree but i have to admit this game is NOT BAD AT ALL. After clearing all the difficulties it made me want to play more tbh. Although it was easier than the other Devil May Cry, DMC in itself is unarguably unique.

Seriously...giving DmC a sequel is a bad buisness move.
If Capcom wants to go ahead and lose more money funding a sequel to a game that's not selling then all power to them.

there will be a sequel. They are not THAT stupid to kill off their new fanbase.

DmC fanbase is smaller then the DMC fanbase. Which one do you think will get you more money?

for the last time: they lost old fanbase. Now they need to expand new one.
#43SiLVeR_420Posted 1/30/2013 5:22:08 AM
They didn't lose the old fanbase. Its still there. They just didn't buy DmC.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#44KyryloPosted 1/30/2013 5:25:48 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...

since there won't be any DMC anymore, it doesn't changes anything.
#45Xtreme65Posted 1/30/2013 5:39:29 AM
As much as I enjoyed the game it would be pretty stupid of Capcom to keep going in this direction. Sure the game is good but the fact is it didn't sell very well. (I was hoping for some good numbers but unfortunately only 300,000 the first week doesn't leave a good impression).

Going by that I don't think we will see a DmC2. I hope Capcom will go for a DMC5 or some sort of DMC related product. I just hope the fan backlash of DmC doesn't send them the wrong message and they drop the series all together. But I think its pretty obvious why this one didn't sell and Capcom should be smart enough to realize it........I hope.

It does kinda baffle me though that so many people don't like the game. I think its one of the better hack and slash games out there. I know some people hold it to high standards but the only thin I see wrong with the game is the difficulty but its not the DMC2 kinda easy, SoS and DMD still had some worthy challenges. I know some point out 30fps but honestly it didn't have a drastic effect on the gameplay. Sure DMC3 had the most weapons but only 4 were allowed at one time as opposed to DmC's 8. Sure styles are lacking but air combos are still there, dodging is easy, and we still have some extra gun actions meaning the only style function truly missing is royal guard and even that can be argued with the parry system in place.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the story, I know some of the dialogue was cringe worthy but the other games were guilty of that too. This one just happens to be more foul mouthed which I really didn't think was that big of an issue. But the story has alot more substance to it than every game in the series. DMC never had a good story....just likable characters. Now I'll admit that new Dante is not as likable as the old Dante and same goes for Vergil, but the characters were fleshed out alot more than before, for example Vergil was something more than just "I NEED MORE POWER!!!" We never really knew why he was power hungry.....some theorize that he blames himself for Eva's death but this is NEVER confirmed. Never once did Vergil express any love for his mother, in fact he only expressed a hatred for humans. I could go on. But this Vergil has a clear motivation and I can respect that the writers took the time to flesh his and Dante's relationship out. Where as before it was just "heres two brothers that hate each other." We also got to see a clearer picture of the Sparda family and the tragic day of Eva's death giving the characters a more solid origin where as before we only just hearf about it. Because of that I found it easier to sympathize with Dante where as before we were just told Dante had a tragic past so I was like "okay cool lets just kill the guy."

Also to say you hate the story is almost like saying you hate the entire series storyline. Hear me out for a sec. DmC took story elements of every DMC before it. Like DMC1 it was about Dante getting revenge for his mom and killing the Demon King. Like the DMC2 we were supposed to take out a big corporate guy. Like DMC3 it details how Dante's powers awaken and also through the female lead Dante learns what is really important and almost goes as far as to kill his brother. Like DMC4 the Order is a group hunting demons which is being run by a corrupt leader and the main character is almost willing to do anything to save the girl.

END SPOLIERS!!!!!!!

So yeah with all the above kept in mind one cannot help but think that the problems really do stem from the character design which we all know was met with heavy backlash. Like I said the only thing really wrong with the game is the difficulty.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#46KaptainK00lPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:49 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...

I did.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#47KyryloPosted 1/30/2013 5:58:39 AM
Xtreme65 posted...

Also the story, I know some of the dialogue was cringe worthy but the other games were guilty of that too. This one just happens to be more foul mouthed which I really didn't think was that big of an issue. But the story has alot more substance to it than every game in the series. DMC never had a good story....just likable characters. Now I'll admit that new Dante is not as likable as the old Dante and same goes for Vergil, but the characters were fleshed out alot more than before, for example Vergil was something more than just "I NEED MORE POWER!!!" We never really knew why he was power hungry.....some theorize that he blames himself for Eva's death but this is NEVER confirmed. Never once did Vergil express any love for his mother, in fact he only expressed a hatred for humans. I could go on. But this Vergil has a clear motivation and I can respect that the writers took the time to flesh his and Dante's relationship out. Where as before it was just "heres two brothers that hate each other." We also got to see a clearer picture of the Sparda family and the tragic day of Eva's death giving the characters a more solid origin where as before we only just hearf about it. Because of that I found it easier to sympathize with Dante where as before we were just told Dante had a tragic past so I was like "okay cool lets just kill the guy."

Also to say you hate the story is almost like saying you hate the entire series storyline. Hear me out for a sec. DmC took story elements of every DMC before it. Like DMC1 it was about Dante getting revenge for his mom and killing the Demon King. Like the DMC2 we were supposed to take out a big corporate guy. Like DMC3 it details how Dante's powers awaken and also through the female lead Dante learns what is really important and almost goes as far as to kill his brother. Like DMC4 the Order is a group hunting demons which is being run by a corrupt leader and the main character is almost willing to do anything to save the girl.

END SPOLIERS!!!!!!!

I tend to disagree with you on many points. Vergil never really expressed his hatred towards humans. And DMC3 was more about fight for legacy of their father, something that Dante first rejected, but Vergil wanted to obtain. Sparda family story is very bad interpreted in DmC making it "just another" devil-angel union, but doesn'T have any substance, since Sparda is just overage demon, and Eva just average angel....wh***? At least in first DMC you had clear reason why Sparda switched sides. Not just because he wanted to bang some angel.
As for hating story, you only pointed similarities. Let's start now...First DmC story is rip-off. loud and clear. second, all this pseudo social relevance is annoying me. third, trying to be story heavy it ricks of plot holes. fourth, many of story elements serving just as jab moments without any real sense. (whole abortion scene could have been reduced but no, they HAVE to put it in.) Kat's backstory is meaningless. Trying to be edgy made characters unlikable to people like me.
#48DeaththreatsPosted 1/30/2013 7:14:49 AM
So you guys think that the Devil May Cry franchises are two separate entities?

You know when you bought DMC HD collection, you invested in DmC right? Oh you didn't? You wanted to support your favorite DMC games from a company you keep complaining about and attacking it's ideas and sales pitching. When your herp derp *** just went out and bought the same game AGAIN.

Congratulations, you are still a loser.
#49ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/30/2013 7:17:11 AM
Deaththreats posted...

I loved you, brother...
#50KyryloPosted 1/30/2013 7:18:07 AM
Deaththreats posted...
So you guys think that the Devil May Cry franchises are two separate entities?

You know when you bought DMC HD collection, you invested in DmC right? Oh you didn't? You wanted to support your favorite DMC games from a company you keep complaining about and attacking it's ideas and sales pitching. When your herp derp *** just went out and bought the same game AGAIN.

who said I bought DMC HD new? SQUEAAALLLERRR.