Devil Trigger: Why?How?And for what?

#1sjwho2Posted 1/30/2013 1:52:09 AM
Lets talk about the Devil Trigger.

Now in every Devil May Cry game, the devil trigger transformed you into a demon. Sometimes giving you a special version of an attack, health regen, and a speed/dmg bonus.

However, in DmC that is thrown out the window.

Why? This is the first question.
-Why does dante turn into white hair/red coat? Especially after "not in a million years".
-Why does vergil already have white hair always?
-Why does it use "quicksilver" or a time-stop ability?

How? This is the second.
-How does getting a sword-thingy give him devil trigger?
-How does it actually work? There seems to be no explanation except for "whoosh" there goes all the enemies up in the air.
-How is ninja theory this lazy in design?
------------------------------------------

Its like giving me a special mode then basically making it practice-mode.
#2BillysanPosted 1/30/2013 1:53:26 AM
It's all like whoop there it is and then boom you're in the air again.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#3SasukefirePosted 1/30/2013 1:55:01 AM
-Why does dante turn into white hair/red coat? Especially after "not in a million years".

This is mostly NT trying to lessen the hate and make him more similiar to the original Dante due to certain comments.

Funny thing is NT's original design for DmC Dante was goign to be similiar to the original but Capcom rejected it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip8Clr3QBUQ
#4KyryloPosted 1/30/2013 1:56:05 AM
sjwho2 posted...
Lets talk about the Devil Trigger.

Now in every Devil May Cry game, the devil trigger transformed you into a demon. Sometimes giving you a special version of an attack, health regen, and a speed/dmg bonus.

However, in DmC that is thrown out the window.

-Why does vergil already have white hair always?
-Why does it use "quicksilver" or a time-stop ability?

How? This is the second.
-How does getting a sword-thingy give him devil trigger?
-How does it actually work? There seems to be no explanation except for "whoosh" there goes all the enemies up in the air.
-How is ninja theory this lazy in design?
------------------------------------------

Its like giving me a special mode then basically making it practice-mode.

it's michael bay style: boom, bam more explosions, everything throws in the air. BAM WOOM WAP.
#5OZLDIACPosted 1/30/2013 1:57:45 AM
*yawn* this is old news, old topic.

anything new to put on the table?
#6SasukefirePosted 1/30/2013 1:59:55 AM
OZLDIAC posted...
*yawn* this is old news, old topic.

anything new to put on the table?

The Final Boss...with Classic Dante.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CM81rx3_mw
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip8Clr3QBUQ
#7djepic112Posted 1/30/2013 2:01:54 AM
I much prefer the devil trigger appearance in dmc. The other games had you turn into a comical big horned monster. That was stupid.
#8GoldsicklePosted 1/30/2013 2:05:38 AM
In DMC1 & DMC3, Dante can't really Devil Trigger on his own.

He needs a Devil Arm as a "medium" to tap into Devil Trigger and his form changes depending on the Devil Arm equipped.
He's so dependent on Devil Arms that it also influences whether he can Air Hike or not (weapons like Alastor and Beowulf grants Dante the Air Hike).

Also in DMC1, Devil Trigger does not completely change him into a demon.
He's just enveloped in demonic energy and you only see his demon form when he attacks.

Meanwhile in DMC2 & DMC4, Dante no longer is dependent on the Devil Arm and has his own personal Devil Trigger form, regardless of the weapon he is equipped.

Meanwhile, Nero is still new at this, so he's Devil Arm-dependent like Dante was back in DMC3.
Nero needs the Yamato in order to Devil Trigger and the looming shadow's form and abilities maybe influenced by the Devil Arm he uses.
I speculated that if he Devil Triggered with the Rebellion, the aura might be red colored and he'll be able to do moves like Overdrive.

In DMC2, Dante has his "personalized" Devil Trigger that he can also customize, using "Hearts" that changes his elemental property or even boosts his regeneration.

This is all from my own observation, by the way.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#9OZLDIACPosted 1/30/2013 2:07:03 AM
djepic112 posted...
I much prefer the devil trigger appearance in dmc. The other games had you turn into a comical big horned monster. That was stupid.

Well...for this...i have to step in...i prefer the old DMC DT...it wasn't stupid at all because he was the Son of Sparda...his DT should turn him to what Sparda really was.
#10BillysanPosted 1/30/2013 2:21:33 AM
djepic112 posted...

The games are already about monsters and demons...yes including DmC...so what's your point.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman