Devil Trigger: Why?How?And for what?

#11KyryloPosted 1/30/2013 3:23:47 AM
djepic112 posted...
I much prefer the devil trigger appearance in dmc. The other games had you turn into a comical big horned monster. That was stupid.

yeah because queen slug-for-a-butt is sooooooo coool
#12ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/30/2013 4:10:21 AM
sjwho2 posted...

-How is ninja theory this lazy in design?

Because they are a bunch of fools with no talent.
#13DeaththreatsPosted 1/30/2013 6:34:29 AM
sjwho2 posted...
Lets talk about the Devil Trigger.

Now in every Devil May Cry game, the devil trigger transformed you into a demon. Sometimes giving you a special version of an attack, health regen, and a speed/dmg bonus.

However, in DmC that is thrown out the window.

Why? This is the first question.
-Why does dante turn into white hair/red coat? Especially after "not in a million years".
-Why does vergil already have white hair always?
-Why does it use "quicksilver" or a time-stop ability?

How? This is the second.
-How does getting a sword-thingy give him devil trigger?
-How does it actually work? There seems to be no explanation except for "whoosh" there goes all the enemies up in the air.
------------------------------------------

Its like giving me a special mode then basically making it practice-mode.

-Why does dante turn into white hair/red coat? Especially after "not in a million years".

It's the "Mop" hairstyle dangling over his face.

-How does it actually work? There seems to be no explanation except for "whoosh"

It freezes enemies in place in the air. You couldn't figure that one out? This game must be hard to comprehend, so I'll break it down as much as I can for you.

Dante also asked "What's happening" after the Exchange. Meaning, he doesn't understand his powers yet.

Obviously, you didn't play DmC, you have no knowledge whatsoever on anything KEY in this game. So why are you here? Anyways, Vergil's hair has always been white. Did those youtube videos not show you why?

Because Dante hasn't fully tapped into his heritage. Phineas told him this. Good lord if you're having trouble following this game's story you must've been ripping your hair out with the original.

HAHAHHAHAHAAHA! Oh man, Next question.

So, either you didn't play it or you played it and sucked. Ha! He said NT's lazy in design. Oh you silly guy you.
#14pyro_buntaPosted 1/30/2013 8:36:34 AM
Sasukefire posted...

This is mostly NT trying to lessen the hate and make him more similiar to the original Dante due to certain comments.

Funny thing is NT's original design for DmC Dante was goign to be similiar to the original but Capcom rejected it.

Sorry, but no http://i.imgur.com/00NMe.jpg
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#15ABadNuffDudePosted 1/30/2013 10:21:24 AM
sjwho2 posted...
S'pose the white hair is a demon thing I guess, about as believeable as Goku or Sonic gaining gold hair in there super forms. As for the coat... hmm... yeah... I dunno lol.

Oh! Maybe his coat is like a demonic blacklight that turns red in the presence of a high amount of demonic energy? Yeah I know, that's pretty stupid but cut me some slack I'm trying to make sense outta something that doesn't even make sense in its own world.

My first thought is he simply just awakened his demonic powers before Dante but considering he had white hair as a kid and not to mention compared to Dante he seems fairly weaker I don't think that's it.

Also wanna admit here that I'm SUPER disappointed with Vergil's DT since I had hoped that white hair + DT = Badass Demon/Angel form but really his DT is just some damn blue waves...

So anyway I guess he just has white hair because he does, they don't really explain it and we can't even say it's hereditary since Sparda has brown-ish hair and Eva's is red.

Same reason Vergil's does doppleganger, guess that's just how DT's work in this universe, everyone gets some speciality ability. Sorta makes me wonder what they'd do with Nero now.

It was all in his dome, getting that sword-thingy was like symbolic of him unlocking the demonic part of his psyche and stuff. It's s'pose to be deep I guess...

-How does it actually work? There seems to be no explanation except for "whoosh" there goes all the enemies up in the air.
The DT bar is actually a counter for how much magical demonic gases Dante has building up. When you use DT Dante lets it all out in a fart and because these gases are magical it causes all enemies to be blown straight up instead of away.

You much have not been paying attention, both Vergil and Kat explained this multiple times man.

You got me, they had to have known this DT idea wouldn't go over well since it's the equivalent of making a new Kamen Rider where the hero doesn't even transform but his hair just changes colors and the only extra ability he gains is a more rigid version of one of the abilities the old hero had anyway.

There's a great many things I find incredibly lazy about this game and honestly if they do make a DmC2 I'd rather they didn't get NT to make it since they don't seem to be on the gameplay level required for this kind of game.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#16truesaiyan309Posted 2/3/2013 1:43:40 PM
I'd like to point out the only real reason Dante uses devil arms for devil trigger in DMC1 was due to writing. Later on once they saw how well received the character was they changed it to make him more powerful himself, and not dependent on devil arms.

Let me give a similar example. Solid Snake did not use CQC in MGS but he did later on. With time (and better game making) the character evolved to have these abilities. At least MGS4 offers an explanation for this to try and cover its tracks.

Lastly and for the record, Dante did not use devil arms in DMC3. That was all him. That is why the game is called Dante's Awakening!
#17NeoTStylePosted 2/3/2013 1:52:07 PM(edited)
I much prefer the devil trigger appearance in dmc. The other games had you turn into a comical big horned monster. That was stupid.

Is it even possible to have an opinion this terrible?

At least MGS4 offers an explanation for this to try and cover its tracks.

A really stupid one at that.
#18tupapalotePosted 2/3/2013 2:06:30 PM
Deaththreats posted...
sjwho2 posted...

Now in every Devil May Cry game, the devil trigger transformed you into a demon. Sometimes giving you a special version of an attack, health regen, and a speed/dmg bonus.

How? This is the second.

-How does it actually work? There seems to be no explanation except for "whoosh"

It freezes enemies in place in the air. You couldn't figure that one out? This game must be hard to comprehend, so I'll break it down as much as I can for you.

Dante also asked "What's happening" after the Exchange. Meaning, he doesn't understand his powers yet.

Obviously, you didn't play DmC, you have no knowledge whatsoever on anything KEY in this game. So why are you here? Anyways, Vergil's hair has always been white. Did those youtube videos not show you why?

Because Dante hasn't fully tapped into his heritage. Phineas told him this. Good lord if you're having trouble following this game's story you must've been ripping your hair out with the original.

So, either you didn't play it or you played it and sucked. Ha! He said NT's lazy in design. Oh you silly guy you.

You do realize that you didnt explain anything here, because not even you are sure of those answers. What you did was go around the question trying to act cool know that not even you understand this game because its so stupid. So you should def stop suckimg this game and give up it sucks!!!
---
PSN: Janclo XBL: Janclo
#19paulokoenigkamPosted 2/3/2013 3:18:07 PM
He can't turn into a demon this time because he's not only half demon. He's half angel too.
They didn't have enough creativity to create a Nephilim Trigger.

SPOILERS ABOUT HIS HAIR:

In the end it gets white. Devil trigger related. I can only assume Vergil had his DT sorted out by himself.

However in the cutscenes when they're kids, Dante's hair is black and Vergil's white. So.... PLOT HOOOOOOOLE! Also known as "way to know who is who in the flashbacks without a good explanation for the PLOOOOOOT HOOOOOOLE

------------------ SPOILER END

As for what the devil trigger does: No gravity- quicksilver

Vergil has a -doppelganger.

Nice way to difference the brothers, I liked it. Just hate how the enemies float when I DT though... Just wish everything got slower and that was it.
#20DeaththreatsPosted 2/4/2013 2:57:02 PM
tupapalote posted...
Deaththreats posted...
sjwho2 posted...

How? This is the second.

You do realize that you didnt explain anything here, because not even you are sure of those answers. What you did was go around the question trying to act cool know that not even you understand this game because its so stupid. So you should def stop suckimg this game and give up it sucks!!!

I think this game requires too much brain power something you obviously lack if you're asking questions like that. HAHAHAAHA