DmC Second week Japan sales drop a even more MASSIVE 72%!

#101SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 2:38:06 PM
revanninja posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
revanninja posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
revanninja posted...
Also for those saying it has no competion you are wrong. It came out on Jan 15th while DS3 comes out Feb 5th

Three weeks of exclusivity is no competition in the video game world. That's plenty of time to make your sales.

No its not. If it was one game sure but you have 2 big titles coming out next month then it will effect.

So Buyer has a choice between at least 3 big name Games DmC DS3 and MGR not everyone has the money to buy all three or even 2 that close together is one pay check difference that does in fact mean it has an effect.

They are too close together

Most games generally only get a week of exclusivity, two weeks at best. Dead Space 3 will only get a week of exclusivity because Aliens comes out the week after, and Aliens will only get a week to itself because Metal Gear Rising and Crysis 3 come out right after that. Metal Gear and Crisis get zero time to themselves, they share the same release week and then Tomb Raider comes out not long after that. And Tomb Raider only gets 1 week because God of War is right after that.

DmC had three weeks all to itself as the only major title on the market (I don't count No-Ni-Kuni as a major release). The game had plenty of time to make its haul and it didn't.

That is where you are wrong. Most companies try to make games that cover different genre using your Tomb Raider and God of War example Tomb is an exploration slash climbing with combat while God of war is Hack and slash. So it is exclusive in that sense.

While DS3 MGR and DmC dont share generes they do share simalir themes and I have heard that MGR is HandS not sure why people think that but its there.

And for all your other examples it still stands my point TOO MANY big name games too close together and that is odd actually because several of those share their buyers in genere DS3 and Aliens for example direct competion is rare usual you get a Horror game a month then another horror game closer to the end of the next month. You try not to be too close because it hurts sales. SO usually they get a month exclusive genere wise.

Also to point out something though DmC and GOW are the same genere of H&S but they have completely different story and experince so still not direct compet.

If I am not being clear enough tell me I am on meds right now so....

As for the console a game company that cuts out a corner of its market for ANY reason is not a good sign even if the sales would be low its still sales so to do so is not a good sign.

You aren't making sense at all.

Tomb Raider and God of War wont interfere with each other because they're different genres and themes? But Dead Space and Metal Gear will interfere with DmC even though Dead Space is a completely different genre and theme? Metal Gear will ape some of DmC sales, no question, but DmC's sales will have dropped out of relevancy by the time Metal Gear hits anyway.
#102darkdragon_9600Posted 1/30/2013 2:39:20 PM
Not sure why people call MGR a HnS?

I don't even...
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#103Pesmerga255Posted 1/30/2013 2:40:31 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...

I don't even...

Well, you spend the entire game hacking and slashing.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#104TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 2:40:33 PM

I don't even...

Because it is...?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#105SilentS89Posted 1/30/2013 2:41:38 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

I don't even...

Pes, with that kind of logic you could call COD a first person shooter.
#106TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 2:42:21 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

I don't even...

Pes, with that kind of logic you could call COD a first person shooter.

Pes isn't dumb. He wouldn't say anything moronic like that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#107darkdragon_9600Posted 1/30/2013 2:42:22 PM
Gaiz, I'm not the one saying that >.>
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#108revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 2:49:51 PM
You aren't making sense at all.

Tomb Raider and God of War wont interfere with each other because they're different genres and themes? But Dead Space and Metal Gear will interfere with DmC even though Dead Space is a completely different genre and theme? Metal Gear will ape some of DmC sales, no question, but DmC's sales will have dropped out of relevancy by the time Metal Gear hits anyway.
---------------------------------------
Sorry wasnt being clear
The reason why DS3 will hurt DmC sales because of the action horror aspect they both try to use Horror mixed with action to generate its audience. So People who like that will balance between the 2.

As for MGR I dont know when it comes out outside of Feb but I do know that DmC first month sales dont finish till Feb 15th so if its any where close it will effect.

Though I cant help but wonder why so Many Big name games are being released so close to each other since they are big names they will effect each others sales and it seems strange.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#109Robot_SoopaPosted 1/30/2013 3:03:40 PM
revanninja posted...
Sorry wasnt being clear
The reason why DS3 will hurt DmC sales because of the action horror aspect they both try to use Horror mixed with action to generate its audience. So People who like that will balance between the 2.

That's such back-asswards out of nowhere logic. Are you trying to defend DmC that badly?

One of them is a survival horror third person shooter.

The other is a hack and slash with a political rebellion story.

How in the high holy hell are they related in any possible way.

You also say that God of War won't compete because they have different stories yet Metal Gear Rising will compete.

Despite the fact that God of War is far more of a hack n slash than MGR and MGR has no similarities with DmC whatsoever.

The fanboy is strong with this one.
#110pkmastah15Posted 1/30/2013 3:06:36 PM
No one called you an idiot....

Some called him an idiot...on this same page.

Well, not me, nor that guy...on that post at least >.>

That was me.

And I got modded for it. Whoopee doopee deedoo~