DmC Second week Japan sales drop a even more MASSIVE 72%!

#131Robot_SoopaPosted 1/30/2013 4:02:47 PM
I think the biggest problem here is also that you're treating gamers like some kind of narrow-minded simpleton.

Outside of sports and racing games you won't find that people stick to one specific genre. So trying to say that two games won't compete because they're a different genre is bull honkey.

revanninja posted...
B I use the 1 Million because outside of DMC4 most DMCs hang around 1 million sold so if that is considered Flop Numbers then all of DMC except 4 are flops.

No that number is considered a flop because DmC was specifically created to destroy the numbers of the old series.

This isn't a difficult concept to grasp people.
#132Robot_SoopaPosted 1/30/2013 4:05:44 PM
revanninja posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
I always consider any use of supernatural to be attempts of horror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGr35i1JfCg

Pants. ****ing. Terror. Right here.

Relly casper thats youre best?

Come on man thats a crap shot even for you.

I obviously meant for games and you use a F kids show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjqem2iVNy0

Pants. ***ing. Terror.
#133revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 4:10:26 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
I think the biggest problem here is also that you're treating gamers like some kind of narrow-minded simpleton.

Outside of sports and racing games you won't find that people stick to one specific genre. So trying to say that two games won't compete because they're a different genre is bull honkey.

revanninja posted...
B I use the 1 Million because outside of DMC4 most DMCs hang around 1 million sold so if that is considered Flop Numbers then all of DMC except 4 are flops.

No that number is considered a flop because DmC was specifically created to destroy the numbers of the old series.

This isn't a difficult concept to grasp people.

Except that Number is considered A normal success rate for every other game on the market. i will admit Capcom put their foot in their mouths with the numbers. And those numbers are 1.3 Million at lowest and 2.6 Million at best so if it hits in there Meh. I doubt it will hit 2.6 million myself I think 1.5 Million though is avabile.

As for the Compete thing yes and no. yes Players have multi genre they like but Money is the key here. I Cant buy every game that is out so i have to make choices and most other gamers are the same way. SO if limited money then games Compete nauturally because they both are trying for that money. Its like having a Steak and A Sturgeon a type of fish both are offered but you cant have both you will make a choice based on wether you like beef or fish more the same applies to games.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#134revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 4:13:39 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
revanninja posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
I always consider any use of supernatural to be attempts of horror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGr35i1JfCg

Pants. ****ing. Terror. Right here.

Relly casper thats youre best?

Come on man thats a crap shot even for you.

I obviously meant for games and you use a F kids show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjqem2iVNy0

Pants. ***ing. Terror.

1:32 yeah thats just...........wrong
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#135Davidbaylor23Posted 1/30/2013 4:52:57 PM
Funny how the ones talking most about this game are the one claiming to hate it. Kinda hard to convince people you care nothing about the game when your keeping up with how much it sells
#136MwarriorHieiPosted 1/30/2013 5:09:18 PM(edited)
Funny how the ones talking most about this game are the one claiming to hate it. Kinda hard to convince people you care nothing about the game when your keeping up with how much it sells

sales numbers are important to them because it tells capcom to drop DmC in favor of real DMC games. they care in that the success or failure of this game might affect the future of their game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#137Ink-RibbonPosted 1/30/2013 5:10:29 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...

sales numbers are important to them because it tells capcom to drop DmC in favor of real DMC games. they care in that the success or failure of this game might affect the future of their game.

Which is hilarious, considering that if DmC flops, Capcom may simply stop making DMC or DmC games.

So, in a nutshell, nobody wins.
#138Davidbaylor23Posted 1/30/2013 5:21:21 PM
Believe me I understand where the hate for this game is coming from. But I also see the good things about it. The combat in this game to me kicks ass
#139Robot_SoopaPosted 1/30/2013 5:46:03 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
MwarriorHiei posted...

Which is hilarious, considering that if DmC flops, Capcom may simply stop making DMC or DmC games.

Sigh.

Again, Capcom has said themselves that the success of DmC determines whether or not they go back to DMC.
#140Ink-RibbonPosted 1/30/2013 5:47:15 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
MwarriorHiei posted...

Sigh.

Again, Capcom has said themselves that the success of DmC determines whether or not they go back to DMC.

Well, it's not that they'll keep their word at all...