DmC Second week Japan sales drop a even more MASSIVE 72%!

#81omerta07Posted 1/30/2013 1:11:06 PM
Taizuku posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
No one called you an idiot....

Some called him an idiot...on this same page.

Well, not me, nor that guy...on that post at least >.>

interesting he got modded but the other guy didn't.

im glad someone else noticed this as well , strange isnt it ?
#82360pagesPosted 1/30/2013 1:12:55 PM
At this point we are just waiting for the US sales, that should be out sometime next week. Also, this was a money making game, it's not like normal reboots or sequels, everything from this game was made to appeal to a large demographic. It was a cash grab game, made to get more sales.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#83AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:22:58 PM
vgman94 posted...
HouseOfBlades posted...
Like it'll stop Capcom from making another DmC 2, we all saw what happened to RE:6, you really think they'll stop making one of their "beloved" titles. Saying we don't give a sh*t about this game, well Capcom doesn't give a sh*t if you hate it, they'll still make it.

Shows that despite the terrible taste in gaming society today, Capcom is still dedicated to making quality games, regardless as to whether self-proclaimed fans despise it for whatever reason they can come up with. Bring on DmC 2 and RE7 (RE6, by the way, is the best selling game of Capcom's history, in case you missed that memo).

What?? Best selling!? According to what criteria man? It sold less than Resident Evil 5! CAPCOM only shipped the largest shipment ever of 4.5 million but that was it. There were no shipments after that since the game undersold. CAPCOM lists the RE6 sales on its websites as only 4.5 million. Yes, right, the exact same amount of the shipment.
#84AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:25:57 PM
omerta07 posted...
lol at people disregarding pc and digital download sales

PC is pirate heaven and PC version sales are always meagre as a result. Digital downloads are are also very low. It is for that reason that nobody is taking into account those figures. At best, both those means of sales will add a couple of hundred thousand at best.
#85SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 1:32:08 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
omerta07 posted...
lol at people disregarding pc and digital download sales

PC is pirate heaven and PC version sales are always meagre as a result. Digital downloads are are also very low. It is for that reason that nobody is taking into account those figures. At best, both those means of sales will add a couple of hundred thousand at best.

Omerta is, in my opinion, just overselling the value of PC sales and digital downloads. The digital download market on consoles in general is still fairly slim, and it will be even slimmer considering DmC's niche market. As I've stated before, DmC isnt' even on page 1 of Steam's top 10 best sellers and the previous DMC games didn't have much thunder on PC either.
#86SiLVeR_420Posted 1/30/2013 1:39:22 PM
Shengali posted...
Jack_Ryder_2013 posted...
i bet nobody watches the sales of any other game this closely

I did, for Darksiders II. I really wanted a #3... :(

Inaba is interested in picking it up. Nothings promised yet but the devs liked Platinum and wanted it to go there.
Only thing it would lose probably would be the RPG elements.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#87largerockPosted 1/30/2013 2:10:33 PM
*Sits on Sanctus's chair*
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#88revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 2:10:34 PM
Oka here we go http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41294/Global/
DmC PS3 is 362,982
DmC Xbox360 is 183,109
DmC total= 546,091
And this is all old sales numbers from week one
DMC4 from wiki 2 million copies in its first month
DMC3 1,300,000 units worldwide again wiki and this is its Total life-time
Now the problem people have is you cant compare Life-time sales which account for all of its sales from its release to First Month release.

You can compare DMC4's number because that is first month release.
This still doesnt count for week 2 which during that point DmC topped the charts its PC release and other factors.

So My word to everyone is wait until its first month is over then compare first number release numbers to get the true idea of what a game really does. Seeing as the bench mark of a truly succesful game is one million not average but truly succesful and its already half-way there without its PC sales I have a feeling its going to be considered succesful.

Also for those saying it has no competion you are wrong. It came out on Jan 15th while DS3 comes out Feb 5th around 3 weeks later and with Metal gear Rising coming out the same month its too close to Big name Games to say that is not having an effect. If DS3 was coming out late Feb then you could some what say its not competeing but since its not it does have an effect.

So its too early to say but from the numbers I am seeing its going to be considered Succesful.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#89SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 2:12:51 PM
revanninja posted...
Also for those saying it has no competion you are wrong. It came out on Jan 15th while DS3 comes out Feb 5th

Three weeks of exclusivity is no competition in the video game world. That's plenty of time to make your sales.
#90revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 2:16:22 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
revanninja posted...
Also for those saying it has no competion you are wrong. It came out on Jan 15th while DS3 comes out Feb 5th

Three weeks of exclusivity is no competition in the video game world. That's plenty of time to make your sales.

No its not. If it was one game sure but you have 2 big titles coming out next month then it will effect.

So Buyer has a choice between at least 3 big name Games DmC DS3 and MGR not everyone has the money to buy all three or even 2 that close together is one pay check difference that does in fact mean it has an effect.

They are too close together
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant