DmC Second week Japan sales drop a even more MASSIVE 72%!

#91DeaththreatsPosted 1/30/2013 1:18:09 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC second week sales for Japan are here and the game sales dropped 72% on PS3 with the title selling only 31,627 as compared 110,000 in its debut week. The XBOX 360 version is no where to be seen and it can be safely said that its sales are negligible. There you have it folks, consumers have passed their judgement on DmC. It is a flop after all. First UK and then Japan. Where are the people who were predicting it to sell truckloads?

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/media-create-sales-12113-12713

Hey, Imma let you finish Imma let you finish. But..

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mgr-revengeance-xbox-360-canceled-in-japan-on-schedule-for-west-6396321

Those Japansians...
#92revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 1:20:54 PM
Deaththreats posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC second week sales for Japan are here and the game sales dropped 72% on PS3 with the title selling only 31,627 as compared 110,000 in its debut week. The XBOX 360 version is no where to be seen and it can be safely said that its sales are negligible. There you have it folks, consumers have passed their judgement on DmC. It is a flop after all. First UK and then Japan. Where are the people who were predicting it to sell truckloads?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mgr-revengeance-xbox-360-canceled-in-japan-on-schedule-for-west-6396321

Those Japansians...

OOOOOHHHH Wonder why they cancelled the XboX360 version? Not good so they know they will lose money trying to sell it on a low console stage or.....

Either way this is going to be bad.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#93SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 1:22:59 PM
revanninja posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
revanninja posted...
Also for those saying it has no competion you are wrong. It came out on Jan 15th while DS3 comes out Feb 5th

Three weeks of exclusivity is no competition in the video game world. That's plenty of time to make your sales.

No its not. If it was one game sure but you have 2 big titles coming out next month then it will effect.

So Buyer has a choice between at least 3 big name Games DmC DS3 and MGR not everyone has the money to buy all three or even 2 that close together is one pay check difference that does in fact mean it has an effect.

They are too close together

Most games generally only get a week of exclusivity, two weeks at best. Dead Space 3 will only get a week of exclusivity because Aliens comes out the week after, and Aliens will only get a week to itself because Metal Gear Rising and Crysis 3 come out right after that. Metal Gear and Crisis get zero time to themselves, they share the same release week and then Tomb Raider comes out not long after that. And Tomb Raider only gets 1 week because God of War is right after that.

DmC had three weeks all to itself as the only major title on the market (I don't count No-Ni-Kuni as a major release). The game had plenty of time to make its haul and it didn't.
#94TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 1:23:13 PM
revanninja posted...
Deaththreats posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Those Japansians...

OOOOOHHHH Wonder why they cancelled the XboX360 version? Not good so they know they will lose money trying to sell it on a low console stage or.....

Because there's like 3 Xboxs in Japan.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#95HellsControllerPosted 1/30/2013 1:23:18 PM
revanninja posted...
Deaththreats posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Those Japansians...

Why would it be bad? PS3 is basically the console of Japan. They barely use XBOX there from what I've read.
The XBOX version might even do better here for all we know.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#96godslayer88Posted 1/30/2013 1:31:33 PM
Let's not forget that in these days of unnecessairy economic crisis people don't have much money to spend anymore. What's a game cost nowadays? 60? 65? Way too much in my opinion. Sure, developers put boatloads of money in them, but it IS still just a game. One that is finished in a few hours too, depending how you like it. I'm a one-playthrough kinda guy so if I spend 60 EUR/$ on it I'd be upset. Thing is, that's with these games nowadays, they're expensive to buy new, and often rather short and not so impressive anymore.

We get used to seeing high tech graphics and such, and if the graphics look any worse, y'all lose your minds. But it is the reason why it cost so much money to produce and thus you're paying so much for it to buy a copy.
---
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ hphotos-ak-ash4/398139_4284731123084_693239237_n.jpg Hi! This is me, just delete the space after .net/
#97SephirothDZXPosted 1/30/2013 1:32:42 PM
godslayer88 posted...
Let's not forget that in these days of unnecessairy economic crisis people don't have much money to spend anymore. What's a game cost nowadays? 60? 65? Way too much in my opinion. Sure, developers put boatloads of money in them, but it IS still just a game. One that is finished in a few hours too, depending how you like it. I'm a one-playthrough kinda guy so if I spend 60 EUR/$ on it I'd be upset. Thing is, that's with these games nowadays, they're expensive to buy new, and often rather short and not so impressive anymore.

We get used to seeing high tech graphics and such, and if the graphics look any worse, y'all lose your minds. But it is the reason why it cost so much money to produce and thus you're paying so much for it to buy a copy.

I think that's partially balanced out though by the fact that when DMC4 came out it had a much smaller audience, because the amount of people who owned PS3s or 360s then was substantially smaller.
#98Pesmerga255Posted 1/30/2013 1:33:19 PM
Taizuku posted...
revanninja posted...
Deaththreats posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Those Japansians...

Because there's like 3 Xboxs in Japan.

That's true. I don't understand why Cave only release their games on the 360 there and not on the PS3. They can't sell well.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#99revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 1:35:44 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
revanninja posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
revanninja posted...
Also for those saying it has no competion you are wrong. It came out on Jan 15th while DS3 comes out Feb 5th

Three weeks of exclusivity is no competition in the video game world. That's plenty of time to make your sales.

No its not. If it was one game sure but you have 2 big titles coming out next month then it will effect.

So Buyer has a choice between at least 3 big name Games DmC DS3 and MGR not everyone has the money to buy all three or even 2 that close together is one pay check difference that does in fact mean it has an effect.

They are too close together

Most games generally only get a week of exclusivity, two weeks at best. Dead Space 3 will only get a week of exclusivity because Aliens comes out the week after, and Aliens will only get a week to itself because Metal Gear Rising and Crysis 3 come out right after that. Metal Gear and Crisis get zero time to themselves, they share the same release week and then Tomb Raider comes out not long after that. And Tomb Raider only gets 1 week because God of War is right after that.

DmC had three weeks all to itself as the only major title on the market (I don't count No-Ni-Kuni as a major release). The game had plenty of time to make its haul and it didn't.

That is where you are wrong. Most companies try to make games that cover different genre using your Tomb Raider and God of War example Tomb is an exploration slash climbing with combat while God of war is Hack and slash. So it is exclusive in that sense.

While DS3 MGR and DmC dont share generes they do share simalir themes and I have heard that MGR is HandS not sure why people think that but its there.

And for all your other examples it still stands my point TOO MANY big name games too close together and that is odd actually because several of those share their buyers in genere DS3 and Aliens for example direct competion is rare usual you get a Horror game a month then another horror game closer to the end of the next month. You try not to be too close because it hurts sales. SO usually they get a month exclusive genere wise.

Also to point out something though DmC and GOW are the same genere of H&S but they have completely different story and experince so still not direct compet.

If I am not being clear enough tell me I am on meds right now so....

As for the console a game company that cuts out a corner of its market for ANY reason is not a good sign even if the sales would be low its still sales so to do so is not a good sign.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#100Doom_InfinitePosted 1/30/2013 1:36:26 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
Like Capcom will ever make another DMC period if this game flops. They didn't even want to make a fifth.

Try harder. DMC4 was the best selling in the series and Capcom grew too ambitious with the name wanting more and more, they thought outsourcing it was the solution.

With this game flopping we can be sure they won’t do that mistake again. Also they stated before from now on they want to make a new RE and DMC every 2 years or so. So we can expect DMC5 back on schedule with real Dante, pizza, cheesy one liners and stylish game as we all love.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force