Not Understanding

#1Sir_Phoenix88Posted 1/30/2013 8:51:38 AM
So, as I understand it, "antis" dislike DmC because it's unlike DMC, and it's "too easy".

Now, I've bought and beaten every single DMC game, and this makes no sense to me.

DMC1 was very basic and had the stylish combat and upgradeable movesets, multiple weapons.

DMC2 tried adding movement style elements, but ditched multiple weapon types, going instead for different characters with more or less powerful weapons. It played very different to 1,3, and 4. (I didn't like this game, but would have if they gave Dante and Lucia different weapon types and abilities to purchase.)

DMC3 added styles, had multiple weapons, and was very difficult until DMC3SE, which included Vergil as a playable character. Players were locked into a style until a new stage or at least a Divinity Statue.

DMC4 had two characters, where Nero had upgradable abilities and evolved in his combat style (and required skill and finesse to work his sword to its highest potential), while Dante was similar to his DMC3 style, only improved in the sense that he could change styles at will.

So looking at previous, DmC has:
* multiple weapon types
* multiple chars
* the ability to use swordmaster, gunslinger, royal guard (parry), and trickster at the same time
* upgradeable abilities

Where the only main new change is that the style system is more forgiving. Is that so bad? I'm midway through my SSS-ing of Nephilim difficulty. Some of my SSS scores are pretty good. I was 52nd best on Stage 1 when I did it, now I'm 203rd. Some of my SSS's are in the 2000's in rank.

Given that you can still measure your e-peens with scoring and ranks, and you can make your own challenges to make the game harder, where is all the complaining from? It's not like DMC had a static design in the first place.
#2DuuuDe14Posted 1/30/2013 8:54:25 AM
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/ichikogawolfdemon/For%20the%20LULZ/dormammu.png

Please...tell Dormammu you're not serious.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#3Ether101Posted 1/30/2013 9:02:21 AM
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...
Where the only main new change is that the style system is more forgiving. Is that so bad? I'm midway through my SSS-ing of Nephilim difficulty. Some of my SSS scores are pretty good. I was 52nd best on Stage 1 when I did it, now I'm 203rd. Some of my SSS's are in the 2000's in rank.

Given that you can still measure your e-peens with scoring and ranks, and you can make your own challenges to make the game harder, where is all the complaining from? It's not like DMC had a static design in the first place.

This game has less of everything. The idea that this game gives you access to everything really means nothing because there's less options to begin with.

On DmD, you can take a third off of a boss' health with a simple three hit combo that's every easy to pull off.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#4antking61Posted 1/30/2013 9:09:38 AM
Vorgel's DLC so it doesn't have Multiple Characters. It doesn't really have any other styles. Just 2 melee buttons and 2 dodge buttons.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#5Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/30/2013 9:10:19 AM
Ether101 posted...
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...

This game has less of everything. The idea that this game gives you access to everything really means nothing because there's less options to begin with.

On DmD, you can take a third off of a boss' health with a simple three hit combo that's every easy to pull off.

*cough* ULTIMATE TEMPEST
#6Hades192Posted 1/30/2013 9:10:55 AM
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...
So, as I understand it, "antis" dislike DmC because it's unlike DMC, and it's "too easy".

Now, I've bought and beaten every single DMC game, and this makes no sense to me.

DMC1 was very basic and had the stylish combat and upgradeable movesets, multiple weapons.

DMC2 tried adding movement style elements, but ditched multiple weapon types, going instead for different characters with more or less powerful weapons. It played very different to 1,3, and 4. (I didn't like this game, but would have if they gave Dante and Lucia different weapon types and abilities to purchase.)

DMC3 added styles, had multiple weapons, and was very difficult until DMC3SE, which included Vergil as a playable character. Players were locked into a style until a new stage or at least a Divinity Statue.

DMC4 had two characters, where Nero had upgradable abilities and evolved in his combat style (and required skill and finesse to work his sword to its highest potential), while Dante was similar to his DMC3 style, only improved in the sense that he could change styles at will.

So looking at previous, DmC has:
* multiple weapon types
* multiple chars
* the ability to use swordmaster, gunslinger, royal guard (parry), and trickster at the same time
* upgradeable abilities

Well for me: DmC is bittersweet because it's not a bad game, however for a DMC title it falls short. Granted the DMC pool is bigger than DmC; i get an awkward feeling placing Top 50 on Hell and Hell whereas I wasnt even a contender in DMC.

There is a level of skill within the game but its more strategy on how to hit multiple enemies with the heavy hitting attacks while Demon Buffed. As for mixing moves, it's very easy to mix up the move sets and create nice looking combos.

The biggest disappointment for me is the difficulty.
#7hoagie727Posted 1/30/2013 9:32:55 AM
It's really not that complicated.

The game is not what they wanted and they feel entitled to a better game.

The industry is getting more casual and that makes them mad because less people care about hardcore games.

The bottom line is the fad now is western games, not Japanese games, and nobody does hardcore like Japanese devs.

So get used to this antis.

You are going to be mad for a while.
#8Ether101Posted 1/30/2013 10:36:05 AM
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
Ether101 posted...
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...

*cough* ULTIMATE TEMPEST

Are you actually trying to compare a Crazy Combo to triangle, triangle, pause triangle? Do you understand what simple combo means?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#9Gray Fox DiePosted 1/30/2013 10:37:41 AM
TC, I agree 100% with you.

Haters are blinded and most of them don't really remember past DMC games and the problems they had (while still my favourite franchise).
#10Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/30/2013 10:40:03 AM
Ether101 posted...
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
Ether101 posted...
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...

*cough* ULTIMATE TEMPEST

Are you actually trying to compare a Crazy Combo to triangle, triangle, pause triangle? Do you understand what simple combo means?

Turbo controllers say Hi!
Arcade Sticks say Hi!
Non-Crippled People say Hi!