I am pretty shocked at how easy DMD mode is.

#1CrossRavenPosted 1/30/2013 11:46:02 AM
I'm hardly a good DmC player. Hell, I barely played DMC 3. I just know that it was difficult on normal. The problem is, since NOTHING attacks from off screen, every combination of enemies they throw at you is easily manageable. They will simply try and waddle/teleport onto your screen and THEN try and attack you. Meanwhile, you can just have a grand ole time getting that SSS ranking and NEVER losing it.

I play a lot of Ninja Gaiden and those games generally keep you moving at all times. You have to or you get messed up pretty badly. This isn't the case in DmC, where even DMD mode is a cake walk.

I wasn't really an "anti" or a "pro", but the extreme lack of difficulty in this game is pretty unforgivable when its contemporaries manage to be fun and difficult at the same time. Now I really want to play DMC 3 again, so at least this game accomplished that?
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven
#2KaptainK00lPosted 1/30/2013 11:47:50 AM
Are we playing the same game?
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#3hoagie727Posted 1/30/2013 11:48:57 AM
So you are saying you beat it without dying and using any items?

If so you are a much better player then I.

I died a bunch of times on Mission 16 in the dreaded 2 Dreamrunners and a Witch room.

Also I think many of the other DMC games did not let enemies attack from offscreen.
#4zhaoyun99Posted 1/30/2013 11:49:37 AM
So ppl slowly realize this reason why this game was flopped eh?
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#5vgman94Posted 1/30/2013 11:49:54 AM
It's probably the fact that you play HnS games often that makes you feel that way. I play games like Prototype, Batman, InFamous and various other genres, so I don't constantly stay sharpn on my Hack and Slash skills. The timing repeatedly required to not get hit by Mundus' Spawn is nerve wrecking and annoying, and I'd probably die a couple of times on DMD. And being hit off screen is cheap and a way to artificially increase difficulty. I can understand wanting tougher enemies, but making up cheap ways to do it is not fair. At least with the demon/angel exclusive enemies, you're forced to think up unique ways to shuffle the Angel/Demon combos to get increasing that Style rank without having half of your arsenal.
#6antking61Posted 1/30/2013 11:50:19 AM
Careful. You're about to be accused of not playing the game and lying.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#7NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/30/2013 11:53:16 AM
DMC 4 really set the challenge level. Dante nearly whupped Nero on easy mode. EASY MODE! It wasn't that fact that he did a lot of damage, but his AI was smart, as he kept blocking and countering most of my attacks.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#8produnerPosted 1/30/2013 11:54:41 AM
Well the problems with the difficulty has been addressed by players and critics. Hell, even developers said that they casualized the game by limiting execution requirements and removed technical stuff like the lock on based moves.The lack of aggression, telegraphed attacks, low damage from enemies and overpowered weapons are part of the causalization; they want to draw more players. But still even if higher difficulties got tweaked, some problems in the game like overpowered weapons and telegraphed attacks will limit the difficulty and challenge.
#9hoagie727Posted 1/30/2013 11:55:44 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
DMC 4 really set the challenge level. Dante nearly whupped Nero on easy mode. EASY MODE! It wasn't that fact that he did a lot of damage, but his AI was smart, as he kept blocking and countering most of my attacks.

For me personally I felt DMC 4 DMD was just as "easy' as this one.

DMC 1 and DMC 3 however still give me nightmares.

However the game that made me rage the most was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 Master Ninja modes.

You have to be masochistic to play that and beat it.
#10CrossRaven(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:57:13 AM
hoagie727 posted...
So you are saying you beat it without dying and using any items?

If so you are a much better player then I.

I died a bunch of times on Mission 16 in the dreaded 2 Dreamrunners and a Witch room.

Also I think many of the other DMC games did not let enemies attack from offscreen.

Maybe they don't. I'll find out tonight. I haven't played one since DMC 4 and that was basically a one and done play through when it came out.

I haven't made it to mission 16 yet, but that looks to be the only combination of enemies in the game that might be difficult. I doubt I'll die, but I probably won't get an SSS on it. Like I said, I doubt I am that good of a player. My scores are generally in the top 500, but I have no idea how many people are actually on the higher difficulty leaderboards. Nor do I understand how to crack the "style" wall that the top guys have. Our level complete times are pretty close though.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven