I am pretty shocked at how easy DMD mode is.

#21nonexistingheroPosted 1/31/2013 11:23:42 AM
For me personally I felt DMC 4 DMD was just as "easy' as this one.

DMC 1 and DMC 3 however still give me nightmares.

However the game that made me rage the most was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 Master Ninja modes.

You have to be masochistic to play that and beat it.

Ninja Gaiden Black's Master Ninja is a bit harder than Sigma 1's Master Ninja.
Ninja Gaiden 2's Master Ninja is waaaay harder than Sigma 2's Master Ninja.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22hoagie727Posted 1/31/2013 11:25:20 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
For me personally I felt DMC 4 DMD was just as "easy' as this one.

DMC 1 and DMC 3 however still give me nightmares.

However the game that made me rage the most was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 Master Ninja modes.

You have to be masochistic to play that and beat it.

Ninja Gaiden Black's Master Ninja is a bit harder than Sigma 1's Master Ninja.
Ninja Gaiden 2's Master Ninja is waaaay harder than Sigma 2's Master Ninja.

Good to know.

I just never had an Xbox or I would have tried them.
#23UbberDevilPosted 1/31/2013 11:30:29 AM
hoagie727 posted...
So you are saying you beat it without dying and using any items?

If so you are a much better player then I.

I died a bunch of times on Mission 16 in the dreaded 2 Dreamrunners and a Witch room.

Also I think many of the other DMC games did not let enemies attack from offscreen.

While it is true that enemies didn't attack from off screen in the old games, I can also say that they didn't give you free range of the camera like this one does. In this game you can move the camera how ever you like to get enemies out of site. In the earlier games you had to maneuver around the camera to get the desired view point.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#24hoagie727Posted 1/31/2013 11:32:49 AM
UbberDevil posted...
hoagie727 posted...

I died a bunch of times on Mission 16 in the dreaded 2 Dreamrunners and a Witch room.

Also I think many of the other DMC games did not let enemies attack from offscreen.

While it is true that enemies didn't attack from off screen in the old games, I can also say that they didn't give you free range of the camera like this one does. In this game you can move the camera how ever you like to get enemies out of site. In the earlier games you had to maneuver around the camera to get the desired view point.

Good point. I noticed that to and stopped using the camera rotation on purpose to not expoit it.

However enemies still run into the view and then attack. They just don't start the attack from offscreen.

Still a bad design choice though.
#25DarkAdonis123Posted 1/31/2013 11:45:37 AM
DMD was indeed very easy in this game. I only died a handful of times. And that wasn't a big deal since this game checkpoints in like every other room. I'm no "1337 G4M3R." I consider myself of average skill level. This game is simply very easy.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#26hoagie727Posted 1/31/2013 11:53:59 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
DMD was indeed very easy in this game. I only died a handful of times. And that wasn't a big deal since this game checkpoints in like every other room. I'm no "1337 G4M3R." I consider myself of average skill level. This game is simply very easy.

The checkpoints are too forgiving in this game on DMD but I don't think it is too easy when I am dying and using checkpoints or having to use items.

I think it is too easy if I can breeze through the level without dying or using items.

That didn't happen very often for me.
#27Hades192Posted 1/31/2013 12:00:04 PM
CrossRaven posted...
hoagie727 posted...

Maybe they don't. I'll find out tonight. I haven't played one since DMC 4 and that was basically a one and done play through when it came out.

I haven't made it to mission 16 yet, but that looks to be the only combination of enemies in the game that might be difficult. I doubt I'll die, but I probably won't get an SSS on it. Like I said, I doubt I am that good of a player. My scores are generally in the top 500, but I have no idea how many people are actually on the higher difficulty leaderboards. Nor do I understand how to crack the "style" wall that the top guys have. Our level complete times are pretty close though.

Boost your style: the key is "demon dodge" (a lot) and use a heavy hitting attack to get a high ranking fast, than do pretty much what you said with the camera to maintain your rank easily, but if you keep them on screen, More enemies will attack leading to more points.