Oh look at the sales bla bla. SHUT UPP

#41SilentS89Posted 1/30/2013 3:21:34 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
hoagie727 posted...
The sales of the previous games are too old to compare.

There are too many factors that have happened from then till now to do a fair comparison.

Games sales overall are way down in the economy.

People keep saying the install base is bigger.

They forget a good percentage of those people don't play H&S games.

I know a lot of people that just use their console for Netflix now.

1. No they're not. DMC4 came out on the same console and DmC was created specifically to outsell it.

2. Oh one of these points THERE'S LOTS OF REASONS IM JUST NOT GOING TO LIST THEM

3. Capcom wanted 5 million. Then they wanted 2 million. They knew the economy. They still wanted those sales. Excuses.

4/5/6. It is. It's far bigger.

"On May 14, 2008, Microsoft announced that 10 million Xbox 360s had been sold"

We're at 75.9 million as of December.

So there were 2.6 million hack n' slash fans in 2008. Capcom's strategy was not only to get all of those back but to also increase and gain more. With 7 times the install base on 360 and whatever the number on PS3 is they have failed to do so. So somehow those 2.6 million fans disappeared on top of according to you there apparently being no sizable hack n' slash fanbase out of a combined 140 million people owning a 360 or PS3.

Any way you slice it Capcom failed at their goal and were more successful with DMC4.
#42revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 3:21:38 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
revanninja posted...

Actual that is wrong some games have increased in sales after their first week. DmC did it went from 20 spot I think it was to 1st in its second week.

Where?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-21-uk-chart-dmc-devil-may-cry-horns-its-way-to-top-spot
and before that I saw several people saying it wasnt even hitting top ten posted on this very board.
So there you go it hit the top spot 6 days after release.

First week sales are never the top sales for the game its usual the 2-3 week because alot of gamers wait for reviews to decided to buy or not that is the reason why they use first month sales instead. they can never be sure where the sale peak will be.

So A games Sales will never be higher then its first Month unless if something werid like a special event goes on.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#43darkdragon_9600Posted 1/30/2013 3:21:46 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Read this Pes.

That is how you argue a point back.

And I never said sales were great.

I said they may end up being good enough to get a sequel when all is said and done.

I think it might even get one,but I'm not sure if it'll be the next DMC. Capcom might finally get their heads away from their butts and do DMC5>DmC2>DMC6.

You know, the smart thing to do.

Well the smart thing to do would have been to make DMC 5 in the first place.

I don't care what they do as long as they don't just kill off the series.

True. They shoudn't try to have this take DMC's place, just bring NT in.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#44hoagie727Posted 1/30/2013 3:23:37 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
hoagie727 posted...
The sales of the previous games are too old to compare.

There are too many factors that have happened from then till now to do a fair comparison.

Games sales overall are way down in the economy.

People keep saying the install base is bigger.

They forget a good percentage of those people don't play H&S games.

I know a lot of people that just use their console for Netflix now.

1. No they're not. DMC4 came out on the same console and DmC was created specifically to outsell it.

2. Oh one of these points THERE'S LOTS OF REASONS IM JUST NOT GOING TO LIST THEM

3. Capcom wanted 5 million. Then they wanted 2 million. They knew the economy. They still wanted those sales. Excuses.

4/5/6. It is. It's far bigger.

"On May 14, 2008, Microsoft announced that 10 million Xbox 360s had been sold"

We're at 75.9 million as of December.

So there were 2.6 million hack n' slash fans in 2008. Capcom's strategy was not only to get all of those back but to also increase and gain more. With 7 times the install base on 360 and whatever the number on PS3 is they have failed to do so. So somehow those 2.6 million fans disappeared on top of according to you there apparently being no sizable hack n' slash fanbase out of a combined 140 million people owning a 360 or PS3.

Any way you slice it Capcom failed at their goal and were more successful with DMC4.

Curious how many of the 2.6 million were on XBOX360?
#45Robot_SoopaPosted 1/30/2013 3:25:35 PM
revanninja posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-21-uk-chart-dmc-devil-may-cry-horns-its-way-to-top-spot
and before that I saw several people saying it wasnt even hitting top ten posted on this very board.

First week sales are never the top sales for the game its usual the 2-3 week because alot of gamers wait for reviews to decided to buy or not that is the reason why they use first month sales instead. they can never be sure where the sale peak will be.

So A games Sales will never be higher then its first Month unless if something werid like a special event goes on.

We already know it was at the top in the UK and Japan.

It's at the top of a chart with no competition and selling abysmally.

If there are no games out and you sell 5 copies you're still #1. But it doesn't mean anything.
#46Robot_SoopaPosted 1/30/2013 3:28:13 PM
hoagie727 posted...
Curious how many of the 2.6 million were on XBOX360?

If you trust vgchartz apparently 1.28 so roughly half.
#47Psychochild27Posted 1/30/2013 3:31:40 PM(edited)
Robot_Soopa posted...
revanninja posted...

If there are no games out and you sell 5 copies you're still #1. But it doesn't mean anything.

It's already also already fallen off the top spot in the UK selling what, 60% of what it did in week one replaced by Black Ops 2 and same goes for Japan, where it sold only a quarter of what they did in the first week and got knocked out of the top slot by Animal Crossing.

I'm not saying it's peaked... but it's probably peaked.

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/media-create-sales-12113-12713

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/28/dmc-loses-uk-number-one-after-one-week-as-black-ops-ii-returns-3369615/
#48revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 3:29:00 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
revanninja posted...

Except there is games out and you also have to inculde last month games as well which inculde Far Cry 3.

Also numbers on Abysmally sales so far I havent seen any numbers outside of the ones I brought and those are old.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#49darkdragon_9600Posted 1/30/2013 3:30:24 PM
A topic telling people to stop talking about sales became a topic about sales lol
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#50sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:31:37 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
A topic telling people to stop talking about sales became a topic about sales lol

lol the irony