Oh look at the sales bla bla. SHUT UPP

#51sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:33:23 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
sundet84 posted...
And people are forgetting that many people have no job. The economy is still bad in most parts of the world= Cant buy the game at launch ore are waiting fore a price drop

And those people don't matter in the long run. By the time a price drop hits all of the numbers will be counted. Sure Capcom could make 5 million in sales if the game cost $5 but they'd be losing money. It's going to be the first month of sales at full price that matter.

DMC4 also came out in 2008. Guess what? Economy was still in the s***ter and many people didn't have jobs.

And people didn`t check the sales after 1 week
#52hoagie727Posted 1/30/2013 3:36:28 PM
Check out the link.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dmc

Apparently Japan hates XBOX360 so factor in that.

Also factor in the game has 500K+ sales already not counting any PC sales yet.

I also don't think it counts things like PSN sales or XBOX live.

It is not outperforming old games but to say it is completely bombing and has no chance of a sequel. Especially after getting pretty good reviews.

I just don't get that logic.
#53sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:16:43 PM
hoagie727 posted...
Check out the link.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dmc

Apparently Japan hates XBOX360 so factor in that.

Also factor in the game has 500K+ sales already not counting any PC sales yet.

I also don't think it counts things like PSN sales or XBOX live.

It is not outperforming old games but to say it is completely bombing and has no chance of a sequel. Especially after getting pretty good reviews.

I just don't get that logic.

It`s like saying if any game don`t sell 2 million copies. No sequel
#54darkbeamPosted 1/30/2013 5:19:09 PM
hoagie727 posted...

ofcourse it got good reviews, they were paid to give good reviews (want proof? compare unbiased player reviews to the professional ones, the amount of things the 'pro reviewers' leave out is insulting to journalism and shows that prostitution is alive and well)
#55NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/30/2013 5:19:13 PM
I suppose if a game doesn't get a lot of sales within the first week, then that's probably not a good thing. But perhaps it might be best to wait a month first, then see how the sales are. If a month goes by and the sales still aren't good or worse, then...
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#56Koishi_KomeijiPosted 1/30/2013 11:35:51 PM
revanninja posted...
First week sales are never the top sales for the game its usual the 2-3 week because alot of gamers wait for reviews to decided to buy or not that is the reason why they use first month sales instead. they can never be sure where the sale peak will be.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, but you do have a point: first-week sales are based mostly on hype. A good game that proves its quality will garner more sales through word-of-mouth, and in such a case, sales will be strong for months to come (i.e. Sleeping Dogs).
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#57StriderOWPosted 1/30/2013 11:45:16 PM
sundet84 posted...
Allot of people are bringing upp the sales worldwide. Oh wait. No they don`t They are only bringing upp Japan and uk sales and calling it worldwide. Really, really, REALLY. Why no Us. Why no Eu that is allot bigger then Japan, UK and US. If you don`t have the worldwide number then shut upp. I read on another topic that the japan and UK sales are around 500 000. That is really good fore only two countries.

500k is the total sales around the world from last week...
#58lokithefoolPosted 1/31/2013 12:04:41 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I read on another topic that the japan and UK sales are around 500 000. That is really good fore only two countries.

Citation needed.

It barely broke 100,000 in its first week in Japan.

He mad...